The Official December 2015 Study Group

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:11 am

dellara wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm trying so hard not to freak out about this test. I'm trying to act aloof and cool but really I'm on pins and needles. This is my last actual shot. I just feel so dumb after days like today where I hit the 160s, on a test I've taken before too. I have no actual idea what I can expect for score wise, and I just have to hope beyond hope that I show up clear headed. So much of my strategies rely on me to actually think that if I'm off just a little bit, I don't hit my target and I've wasted years of my life.


It honestly felt good reading this. Not because I am a sadist, but because I have seen your capabilities on PTs and to know you are having the same anxiety I am makes me feel less anxious I guess haha. Try to fit in meditation every day this week. Stay positive and confident. If you've done it before, you can do it again.


+1

You got this, Mint

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:16 am

Welp I just had a terrifying experience guys. I live in a pretty shitty part of town, and someone just tried to break into my apartment. I heard them at the door and called 911, and they got there in less than 2 minutes. Whoever it/they was/were ran away when they heard the police coming. Police said they'd look around the vicinity of my apartment to catch them, but I haven't heard anything yet (the officers left about 10 minutes ago).

I'm never sleeping again. :shock: :(

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:53 am

gamerish wrote:PT66

178

WHAT

Also do you guys think it would be a bad idea to spend the Thursday/Friday before the test driving up to go visit a school? I can't decide if that will be a good way to get my mind off the test or a good way to stress myself out the day before...

Friday is the last day they have tours and classes for me to sit in on until next semester :/


wow, congrats

User avatar
chicharon
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby chicharon » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 am

Post removed...
Last edited by chicharon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
roshan07
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby roshan07 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 am

chicharon wrote:
slizerd wrote:Welp I just had a terrifying experience guys. I live in a pretty shitty part of town, and someone just tried to break into my apartment. I heard them at the door and called 911, and they got there in less than 2 minutes. Whoever it/they was/were ran away when they heard the police coming. Police said they'd look around the vicinity of my apartment to catch them, but I haven't heard anything yet (the officers left about 10 minutes ago).

I'm never sleeping again. :shock: :(


Oh no! Wait I hope you're not living alone? Ugh time to get you into a safer neighborhood, preferably one within 5 miles of a T14

sorry to hear that, but yeeees^

User avatar
a_parm
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:48 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby a_parm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 am

slizerd wrote:Welp I just had a terrifying experience guys. I live in a pretty shitty part of town, and someone just tried to break into my apartment. I heard them at the door and called 911, and they got there in less than 2 minutes. Whoever it/they was/were ran away when they heard the police coming. Police said they'd look around the vicinity of my apartment to catch them, but I haven't heard anything yet (the officers left about 10 minutes ago).

I'm never sleeping again. :shock: :(


Yikes, sorry to hear. Just go to a hardware store and get extra locks installed. Hopefully, that will make you feel safer.

User avatar
a_parm
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:48 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby a_parm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 am

its my 3rd take. sacred of 2 things:
1. i mess up on a game. i.e. miss a major inference or mess up on a rule
2. getting sick before the exam. everytime i hear someone sneeze or sniff, I try to distance myself. taking vitamin C supplements for this though.

I am more scared of messing up on a game because if i get sick, i guess I can just write an addendum but messing up on a game cannot be justified.

User avatar
WorthlessDegree
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:21 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby WorthlessDegree » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:09 am

Taking a PT today after BOMBING the last one. Hoping I can prove to myself that that one was a fluke.

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

i_wish_i_was_smart
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kylemolodets
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:04 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby kylemolodets » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Well, due to some circumstances beyond my control I wasn't able to study for over a week. I started some drilling today but it's already 7 PM and my motivation is completely gone. Trying to do some drills here and there...here's to hoping I can do a PT and actually concentrate tomorrow (and for the next week).

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:04 pm

gamerish wrote:Drilling RC and LR sections from 70-75 today. Hope I don't remember too much. Gonna take 76 tomorrow.


I am going to take 76 tomorrow too. What concerned me most about that test when I took it in october was my crappy LR scores. jesus..hope it was just nerves and won't happen again.

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i_wish_i_was_smart
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:48 pm

dellara wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm trying so hard not to freak out about this test. I'm trying to act aloof and cool but really I'm on pins and needles. This is my last actual shot. I just feel so dumb after days like today where I hit the 160s, on a test I've taken before too. I have no actual idea what I can expect for score wise, and I just have to hope beyond hope that I show up clear headed. So much of my strategies rely on me to actually think that if I'm off just a little bit, I don't hit my target and I've wasted years of my life.


It honestly felt good reading this. Not because I am a sadist, but because I have seen your capabilities on PTs and to know you are having the same anxiety I am makes me feel less anxious I guess haha. Try to fit in meditation every day this week. Stay positive and confident. If you've done it before, you can do it again.


in the same boat as i already have two scores. the more i realize how unpredictable this crap is, the more it affects. the slight changes in 70s make me feel that i just can't say how i am doing during the test.

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:38 pm

tvu wrote:
i_wish_i_was_smart wrote:
tvu wrote:Soo after a disappointing -5 in LG yesterday and continuous fail at games generally, do you guys think I should focus on drilling the Cambridge LG difficult packets of games or just take PTs so I don't become weak in the other areas?


Focus on games IMO. It's harder to improve other sections (especially RC) but you can definitely make some improvement on the LG front.


Aright, cool! I have been able to get RC down to 2-4 and LR 1-3 so if I can manage to get LG down to 0, I will be so happy!! :mrgreen:


you are beasting so hard. damnnn

i_wish_i_was_smart
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Is there a clear reason about why B doesn't weaken for 76.lr2.21? it can weaken by suggesting that those who completed the program were better to begin with but perhaps i am missing something. the credited choice only refers to "many" may not necessarily undermine the argument which uses most children as evidence.

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby seashell.economy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:33 pm

You guys - I need an analog watch that doesn't tick! I looked at *hundreds* of watches in the mall today and found nothing. Even the few watches that didn't have a second-hand still ticked every second. Any brands out there you can recommend? I'm srsly ocd about this.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:52 pm

seashell.economy wrote:You guys - I need an analog watch that doesn't tick! I looked at *hundreds* of watches in the mall today and found nothing. Even the few watches that didn't have a second-hand still ticked every second. Any brands out there you can recommend? I'm srsly ocd about this.


mine ticks, but very little. I think they just don't want it to be obnoxious.

i_wish_i_was_smart
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby seashell.economy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:56 pm

flash21 wrote:
seashell.economy wrote:You guys - I need an analog watch that doesn't tick! I looked at *hundreds* of watches in the mall today and found nothing. Even the few watches that didn't have a second-hand still ticked every second. Any brands out there you can recommend? I'm srsly ocd about this.


mine ticks, but very little. I think they just don't want it to be obnoxious.


I need a quiet watch for me, but I am sure my OCD LSAT peers who sit next to me could appreciate it, as well!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, cianchetta0, dontsaywhatyoumean, Greenteachurro, Instrumental, jonny27, raidr, Roverse, Tazewell, theboringest and 11 guests