The Official December 2015 Study Group

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cheeseee
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby cheeseee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:50 pm

McJimJam wrote:PT 72
RC: -5
LR: -2
LR2: -1
LG: -0
Raw Total: 93
174!!!! :mrgreen:
Pretty happy with that, gotta keep working on RC, feels like going -0 on LR is basically dependent on chance at this point....



wow!! nice :wink:

cheeseee
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby cheeseee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:51 pm

anyone who took 72 today had trouble with the substitution lg problem? the game itself was very easy, but i spent about 5 minutes on question 12 alone. i guessed and got it right, but is there a faster way to think about this?

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby pterodactyls » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Joined in on taking PT 72 today.

Initial reactions: that test sucked.

Going to BR now. This will probably be my worst score ever.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm

did anyone find pt 58 RC hard as hell? Just got -7 on it as a timed section but it felt like a -15

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
BroManDude
Posts: 912
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 am

Post removed.

Postby BroManDude » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BroManDude on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Just did PT 67, haven't BR'd it yet, but got a 174

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG -0

I'm not sure how accurate that score is because it wasn't timed very well. S/o (who I'm trying very hard not to murder) came with me to the library and then interrupted a bazillion times and kept saying I should finish it at home.
Trying to be thankful that I have a *usually* awesome, supportive s/o but LSAT interruption rage is too real right now

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:33 pm

the library of the nearby college where i go to take PTs is closed almost all of thanksgiving week except for a few hours in the afternoon.

well, will have to find some other place to study.

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAJOLER
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby CAJOLER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:42 pm

slizerd wrote:Just did PT 67, haven't BR'd it yet, but got a 174

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG -0

I'm not sure how accurate that score is because it wasn't timed very well. S/o (who I'm trying very hard not to murder) came with me to the library and then interrupted a bazillion times and kept saying I should finish it at home.
Trying to be thankful that I have a *usually* awesome, supportive s/o but LSAT interruption rage is too real right now


How did you feel about the test? I thought LR was pretty easy, but RC felt a little tough

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:54 pm

CAJOLER wrote:
slizerd wrote:Just did PT 67, haven't BR'd it yet, but got a 174

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG -0

I'm not sure how accurate that score is because it wasn't timed very well. S/o (who I'm trying very hard not to murder) came with me to the library and then interrupted a bazillion times and kept saying I should finish it at home.
Trying to be thankful that I have a *usually* awesome, supportive s/o but LSAT interruption rage is too real right now


How did you feel about the test? I thought LR was pretty easy, but RC felt a little tough


The first LR wasn't bad, but the rc (esp the !kung passage) threw me for some reason. The zone lg game was awful though

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorthlessDegree
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:21 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby WorthlessDegree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Just drilled 8 LG sections. On 6 I missed one, and on 2 I missed none. How do I hammer out these absentminded mess-ups?

cheeseee
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby cheeseee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:18 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:PT 72 Section 3, question 7, how many missed it?


Im still a bit iffy about this question. I missed it of course but is the problem this in conclusion: "even when they laugh a little"? With a broad premise -> they concluded too narrowly?

CAJOLER
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby CAJOLER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:24 pm

slizerd wrote:
CAJOLER wrote:
slizerd wrote:Just did PT 67, haven't BR'd it yet, but got a 174

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG -0

I'm not sure how accurate that score is because it wasn't timed very well. S/o (who I'm trying very hard not to murder) came with me to the library and then interrupted a bazillion times and kept saying I should finish it at home.
Trying to be thankful that I have a *usually* awesome, supportive s/o but LSAT interruption rage is too real right now


How did you feel about the test? I thought LR was pretty easy, but RC felt a little tough


The first LR wasn't bad, but the rc (esp the !kung passage) threw me for some reason. The zone lg game was awful though


I missed 2 on that game! And yes! The RC was tough... I hate RC to start off, it almost shocks the brain. Nice score though... kills my 169.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 pm

CAJOLER wrote:
slizerd wrote:
CAJOLER wrote:
slizerd wrote:Just did PT 67, haven't BR'd it yet, but got a 174

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG -0

I'm not sure how accurate that score is because it wasn't timed very well. S/o (who I'm trying very hard not to murder) came with me to the library and then interrupted a bazillion times and kept saying I should finish it at home.
Trying to be thankful that I have a *usually* awesome, supportive s/o but LSAT interruption rage is too real right now


How did you feel about the test? I thought LR was pretty easy, but RC felt a little tough


The first LR wasn't bad, but the rc (esp the !kung passage) threw me for some reason. The zone lg game was awful though


I missed 2 on that game! And yes! The RC was tough... I hate RC to start off, it almost shocks the brain. Nice score though... kills my 169.


Sometimes I like rc to start off just because then at least I know it's over lol

User avatar
McJimJam
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Post removed.

Postby McJimJam » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 pm

McJimJam wrote:
slizerd wrote:Sometimes I like rc to start off just because then at least I know it's over lol

That's what I thought going into Oct and LSAC thought it would be funny to give me another one. :cry:


That's my nightmare :( I got super lucky in Oct and had 2 LGs so the test just flew by.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:22 pm

gamerish wrote:
slizerd wrote:
McJimJam wrote:
slizerd wrote:Sometimes I like rc to start off just because then at least I know it's over lol

That's what I thought going into Oct and LSAC thought it would be funny to give me another one. :cry:


That's my nightmare :( I got super lucky in Oct and had 2 LGs so the test just flew by.

This. Had the exact format I wanted in Oct: LR, LG, RC, LR, LG

The LSAT gods smiled on me.

Obviously I'd love to have the same format again but I'll be fine with anything that doesn't start off with double RC, double LR into RC or triple LR. I got a triple LR to start once and I was sooooooo tired by break time.


I was so confident walking out of the test after that format. It was like my LSAT prayers had been answered haha. Didn't turn out exactly the way I expected, but hopefully I can try again with that same setup.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
roshan07
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby roshan07 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:33 pm

slizerd wrote:
gamerish wrote:
slizerd wrote:
McJimJam wrote:
slizerd wrote:Sometimes I like rc to start off just because then at least I know it's over lol

That's what I thought going into Oct and LSAC thought it would be funny to give me another one. :cry:


That's my nightmare :( I got super lucky in Oct and had 2 LGs so the test just flew by.

This. Had the exact format I wanted in Oct: LR, LG, RC, LR, LG

The LSAT gods smiled on me.

Obviously I'd love to have the same format again but I'll be fine with anything that doesn't start off with double RC, double LR into RC or triple LR. I got a triple LR to start once and I was sooooooo tired by break time.


I was so confident walking out of the test after that format. It was like my LSAT prayers had been answered haha. Didn't turn out exactly the way I expected, but hopefully I can try again with that same setup.

omg I thought double RC was bad but triple LR would be worse.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, jagerbom79, PantoroB, sakanaya, towel13661 and 5 guests