The Official December 2015 Study Group

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:43 am

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

YupSports

Re: Dec LSAT Study Group

Postby YupSports » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:47 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:
YupSports wrote:
PatriotP74 wrote:
YupSports wrote:
DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Welp, officially changed my test date from Oct to Dec....

Reading these past few posts has me concerned.... uhhhh, I guess I should start doing applications if I plan on applying this cycle :shock:
or will I have enough time between finishing the LSAT and deadlines for apps to complete them ?

I'm giving myself a hard deadline of Thanksgiving to have all applications in.

Do you have a decent score already or no?

I do not.

First post-drilling PT is scheduled for about two weeks from now.

So you are gonna apply without a score? Is there much advantage to that/will lsac even allow the app to go through?

I have reached out to several people and confirmed that they do, in fact, let the application go through. You simply fill out the form to have the LSAC send the scores as soon as they are released.

I was advised by those "in the know" that this is the preferred method if I am taking the December test.

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Went over some LG that previously gave me trouble - relatively smooth sailing this time!

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:05 am

It's the damnedest thing...... When drilling earlier in the day I seem to nail questions down and reach the correct answer fairly confidently, but later on in the day (say after I exercise and let my brain rest for some time) I do some fresh questions and totally bomb the questions. For example, today I focused mainly on NA, Paradox, and MBT questions and did terrible in the latter portion of the day. It's startling, really. After exercise/rest I approached NA questions like I've never seen one in my life.....when earlier in the day I was crushing them. I think I may be mentally drained in the later afternoon/night. Guess I have to do as much as I can in the morning/early afternoon and take the rest of the day off afterwards?

bigv

Postby bigv » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Is anyone else thinking they're gonna take the test in October and December? I'm not at my target score yet, but I'm not incredibly far off. Regardless, I think a point or two in December will make all the difference in where I go, so I'm officially in for December whether or not I take in October.

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 pm

So I'll be studying for 4 months in total
1 month for LG/LR/RC
Last month - PT/Review/Drilling

If I'm not at where I want to be w/ LG right now, should I keep drilling until I feel comfortable and then move on to LG? Or should I move on to LR and mix in some LG drilling to stay on course?

I know I can always move my test date back, I just don't know the best plan of action to take now.

jeech

Postby jeech » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:49 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:
bigv wrote:Is anyone else thinking they're gonna take the test in October and December? I'm not at my target score yet, but I'm not incredibly far off. Regardless, I think a point or two in December will make all the difference in where I go, so I'm officially in for December whether or not I take in October.

I plan on taking both as well, unless I completely outperform on October.

I was planning on October and December but if I am not near my target score I won't bother taking in October and just focus on taking more timed PTs and reviewing till December. The rest of my packet is ready though i.e. my ref letters, personal statement, etc, so I can just focus on the PTs.
Good luck!

adpitan

Postby adpitan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 am

I'm scheduled for Dec, I know I'm no where near where I want to be for Oct.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Just finished PT 36. (Laboring on Labor Day, the irony)

Some thoughts:

- section 1 is LR.
- section 2 is RC.
- section 3 is LR.
- section 4 is LG.
- I felt very comfortable during the first LR section, I felt confident in a large majority of the answers I chose and answered all but 1 until time ran out.....but then the RC section slapped me hard in the face, making me lose confidence and negatively affected me for the second LR section.
- Conversely, LG felt great. Think I might have missed 3 or 4 at most. There was one game that was particularly tough. A lot of rules with a ton of missing pieces.
- Setting the books down for today, going to BR tomorrow.

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:51 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Just finished PT 36. (Laboring on Labor Day, the irony)

Some thoughts:

- section 1 is LR.
- section 2 is RC.
- section 3 is LR.
- section 4 is LG.
- I felt very comfortable during the first LR section, I felt confident in a large majority of the answers I chose and answered all but 1 until time ran out.....but then the RC section slapped me hard in the face, making me lose confidence and negatively affected me for the second LR section.
- Conversely, LG felt great. Think I might have missed 3 or 4 at most. There was one game that was particularly tough. A lot of rules with a ton of missing pieces.
- Setting the books down for today, going to BR tomorrow.
How long have you been studying, btw?

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:42 pm

josh9308 wrote: How long have you been studying, btw?

Since May. I initially did self study for quite some time. But then started the 7sage course.

WaitersIsland

Postby WaitersIsland » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:32 am

Finished another PT over the weekend. Scored a new personal best with a 165:

PT 47// (Blind Review)
LR: -4 // (-1)
RC: -7 // (-2)
LR: -5 // (-4)
LG: -0 // (-0)

165 // (173)

Things of note from this preptest:

- I am having issues at the end of the LR sections. I am pressed for time, and there is usually one question I don't get to. I have yet to go through the hardest difficulty level on the Cambridge 1-38 packets, so I may look to do that to get some more exposure to the more difficult questions.

- I am still unable to finish all 4 RC sections- in fact, I didn't even have enough time to start on the 4th passage on this PT. However, I only missed one of the questions I did answer. If my speed on this section does not improve, it will be imperative that I don't miss anymore than 1 or 2 of the questions I do answer.

I'd ultimately like to be a -4/-5 combined on the LR and a -4/-5 on the RC, which should get me in the 170 range. Luckily I still have plenty of time to hone my skills.

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 am

WaitersIsland wrote:Finished another PT over the weekend. Scored a new personal best with a 165:

PT 47// (Blind Review)

165 // (173)

- I am having issues at the end of the LR sections. I am pressed for time, and there is usually one question I don't get to. I have yet to go through the hardest difficulty level on the Cambridge 1-38 packets, so I may look to do that to get some more exposure to the more difficult questions.

- I am still unable to finish all 4 RC sections- in fact, I didn't even have enough time to start on the 4th passage on this PT. However, I only missed one of the questions I did answer. If my speed on this section does not improve, it will be imperative that I don't miss anymore than 1 or 2 of the questions I do answer.

I'd ultimately like to be a -4/-5 combined on the LR and a -4/-5 on the RC, which should get me in the 170 range. Luckily I still have plenty of time to hone my skills.

Congrats! Keep on keeping on.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 pm

WaitersIsland wrote:Finished another PT over the weekend. Scored a new personal best with a 165:

PT 47// (Blind Review)

165 // (173)

Very envious of your -0 on LG. That section has been killing me.

WaitersIsland

Postby WaitersIsland » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:06 pm

YupSports wrote:

It's definitely the easiest section to improve on- at least, that is what most people say, and it has held true for me. How long have you been studying? Are you taking a class or prepping on your own?

FSUHopeful

Postby FSUHopeful » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:24 pm

WaitersIsland wrote:
YupSports wrote:

It's definitely the easiest section to improve on- at least, that is what most people say, and it has held true for me. How long have you been studying? Are you taking a class or prepping on your own?

Jumping in.. me too. I have and used the LG Bible too. 7 sage as well. I have improved slightly, but still by far my weakest section.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:06 am

WaitersIsland wrote:
YupSports wrote:

I've been doing the "Core Curriculum" section of 7Sage for about 6 weeks and just started drilling LG this week.

I think my issue is that I try to go way too fast and wind up misreading a rule. I tend to not miss inferences, but still misread rules.

The 7Sage schedule calls for all PTing and no drilling, so it is going to be struggle in terms of time to get things moving.

dreamerchic19

Postby dreamerchic19 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:51 pm

just need to do a practice test :mrgreen:

so tired of the LSAT, think I will start with Logic Games

darthlawyer

Post removed...

Postby darthlawyer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by darthlawyer on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:22 am

After how many weeks/months did you guys take your first PT?

aotuw1

Postby aotuw1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi,
I am new here and wanted to know if anyone can give me any information on lsat courses??

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Took PT 47 after almost two weeks of limited prep, was really really REALLY disappointed to see my score dip with this score.

I ran out of time on the LG section, but got -1 on the last game in blind review.

LR was the same as last test -6 on one section and -2 on the other.. RC really dipped..

So lesson learned: starting tonight changing my sleep schedule, drilling hard core (I didn't have much time to drill this week), and stick to my LSAT schedule; no ifs, ands, or buts.. Really hoping this new system will work. That and first thing tomorrow, purchasing an ink cartridge so I can print my Cambridge LR and make copies of the games.. :x :cry: :shock:

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Took PT 37

Initial Score: 164
Blind Review: 173

Get that "real" score up to 173 and I'll be "real" happy 8) .

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”