The Official December 2015 Study Group

User avatar
pleadthafif
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am

Post removed...

Postby pleadthafif » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pleadthafif on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:22 pm

PoopNpants wrote:
slizerd wrote:sooo the only PTs I have that are fresh are numbers 19-28. How useful do you guys think these will actually be? :(


I think those LGs are alot tougher than the modern ones


I just did 19, the kids/adults on boats was definitely weirder than the recent ones. Kept up the -0 though! :D

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:44 pm

BR'd the RC section of pt-39

In BR i changed 4 answers

3 wrongs to right,
1 right to wrong,
3 wrongs undetected in BR

very frustrated

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
davey jones
Posts: 6130
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Post removed.

Postby davey jones » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by davey jones on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
davey jones
Posts: 6130
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Post removed.

Postby davey jones » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by davey jones on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fishpaste1
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Post removed.

Postby fishpaste1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by fishpaste1 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm

fishpaste1 wrote:
I'm glad you said this, because holy moly I hated that test. Just felt like I could never get in rhythm. Felt strongest during the experimental (of course). None of the RC passages felt easy. The "equipoise" passage was particularly tricky. I felt alright during both LR sections, but I'm sure I made some errors in each of them. And wtf was up with that last game in LG? I had ~11 minutes to complete it and I still struggled to finish. I had no idea how to diagram it. Perhaps it was just the vague wording of the set-up, but it completely mindfricked me. Definitely going to watch the 7 sage video on it and do the game a couple more times before December 5th.

Gonna BR/ grade right now. I have no idea what score to expect, but I doubt it'll be a new pr.


yeah equipoise screwed me bad when I did 72 and the section is generally harder than other recent tests' rc if scores posted on this forum is anything to go by.

User avatar
mintme
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby mintme » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:39 pm

I've been struggling to find the motivation to study these past few days but decided to make myself drill LR today.

-0 on sufficient assumption drills!

And that gives me the motivation to keep studying 8)

User avatar
lollsat
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby lollsat » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:40 pm

appind wrote:
fishpaste1 wrote:
I'm glad you said this, because holy moly I hated that test. Just felt like I could never get in rhythm. Felt strongest during the experimental (of course). None of the RC passages felt easy. The "equipoise" passage was particularly tricky. I felt alright during both LR sections, but I'm sure I made some errors in each of them. And wtf was up with that last game in LG? I had ~11 minutes to complete it and I still struggled to finish. I had no idea how to diagram it. Perhaps it was just the vague wording of the set-up, but it completely mindfricked me. Definitely going to watch the 7 sage video on it and do the game a couple more times before December 5th.

Gonna BR/ grade right now. I have no idea what score to expect, but I doubt it'll be a new pr.


yeah equipoise screwed me bad when I did 72 and the section is generally harder than other recent tests' rc if scores posted on this forum is anything to go by.


Holy sh....! Guys that RC section completely took my by surprise. I didn't finish the last passage, I guess the 2nd and 3rd completely drained my time. I usually get around -3 in RC. Please LSAC Gods, I beg you mercy for us for lsat 77. Hey! LSAT 77, isn't 7 a lucky number??

Also would you say, the rc was unsually difficult compared to other modern tests? I think it sort of is/isn't, but more leaning towards is. I think it was mostly being unprepared on my part.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:01 pm

tvu wrote:Anybody want to take PT 72 w/ an experimental with me Saturday and check up on each other after? :D


I gotchu babe

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm

slizerd wrote:
tvu wrote:Anybody want to take PT 72 w/ an experimental with me Saturday and check up on each other after? :D


I gotchu babe


edit: this was a creepy response, sorry. I just watched Hot Rod for the millionth time, and I have Will Arnett's voice in my heading saying "babe"

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Just did PT36, it's an old one I did about 9 months ago but it didn't seem that familiar besides the first RC passage

LR1: -0
RC: -4, all of them on that second passage about Latin Renaissance bullshit, had no idea wtf was going on there
LR2: -2
LG: -2, forgot how hard that bus game was

173, don't think this is reflective of how I'd do on a fresh PT normally, but nonetheless content

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheeseee
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby cheeseee » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:20 pm

tvu wrote:Anybody want to take PT 72 w/ an experimental with me Saturday and check up on each other after? :D


Can i join? :)

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bnssweeney
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby bnssweeney » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Still patiently waiting for JY to put up Oct 2015 LG explanations :?

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:34 pm

lollsat wrote:
appind wrote:
fishpaste1 wrote:
I'm glad you said this, because holy moly I hated that test. Just felt like I could never get in rhythm. Felt strongest during the experimental (of course). None of the RC passages felt easy. The "equipoise" passage was particularly tricky. I felt alright during both LR sections, but I'm sure I made some errors in each of them. And wtf was up with that last game in LG? I had ~11 minutes to complete it and I still struggled to finish. I had no idea how to diagram it. Perhaps it was just the vague wording of the set-up, but it completely mindfricked me. Definitely going to watch the 7 sage video on it and do the game a couple more times before December 5th.

Gonna BR/ grade right now. I have no idea what score to expect, but I doubt it'll be a new pr.


yeah equipoise screwed me bad when I did 72 and the section is generally harder than other recent tests' rc if scores posted on this forum is anything to go by.


Holy sh....! Guys that RC section completely took my by surprise. I didn't finish the last passage, I guess the 2nd and 3rd completely drained my time. I usually get around -3 in RC. Please LSAC Gods, I beg you mercy for us for lsat 77. Hey! LSAT 77, isn't 7 a lucky number??

Also would you say, the rc was unsually difficult compared to other modern tests? I think it sort of is/isn't, but more leaning towards is. I think it was mostly being unprepared on my part.


I think it is more difficult compared to other recent tests. In the Oct thread iirc the best score on 72 rc was like no better than -4, whereas it was much better for other pts.

Equipoise passage and its questions felt evil when I took 72.

despite generous curve pt 72 I think is a hard pt to score well on as the curve may still not compensate fully for the hard rc and LG g4.

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:47 pm

tvu wrote:
slizerd wrote:
slizerd wrote:
tvu wrote:Anybody want to take PT 72 w/ an experimental with me Saturday and check up on each other after? :D


I gotchu babe


edit: this was a creepy response, sorry. I just watched Hot Rod for the millionth time, and I have Will Arnett's voice in my heading saying "babe"


Lmao :lol: that was pretty funny for a tsler.....I haven't laughed much during prep, but yay!!!


:D so happy I could bring laughter to these dark lsat prep days!!

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:173 on PT28. Took it as a 4 section without a break.
LR -3
Lg-0
LR-3
RC -3

Pretty happy with RC, though looking at what I get wrong I'm missing easy points. I'm holding a consistent -3 nowadays.
Wanna get my LR down more, I'm making some dumb mistakes. I can really tell that I get flustered when doing it.
About to take PT30 woooooo.


-3 on RC is AWESOME!

User avatar
december1205
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby december1205 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Found out that i find RC- Law type passages most miserable so I'll drill few of those and jump to do timed RC for PT 50

Will work on flaw q-types during lunch (still at work)

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:48 pm

kept 76 aside with an experimental to take it this saturday.


Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:173 on PT28. Took it as a 4 section without a break.
LR -3
Lg-0
LR-3
RC -3

Pretty happy with RC, though looking at what I get wrong I'm missing easy points. I'm holding a consistent -3 nowadays.
Wanna get my LR down more, I'm making some dumb mistakes. I can really tell that I get flustered when doing it.
About to take PT30 woooooo.



dat rc score!
Last edited by appind on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, Avs13, Baidu [Spider], bearedman8, cherrygalore, Instrumental, lagavulinjoe, wildquest8200 and 19 guests