The Official December 2015 Study Group

darthlawyer
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 am

Post removed...

Postby darthlawyer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 am

Post removed...
Last edited by darthlawyer on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SirArthurDayne
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Post removed.

Postby SirArthurDayne » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:51 am

Post removed.
Last edited by SirArthurDayne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:25 pm

ONLY 20 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 pm

gamerish wrote:
Very frustrated. I didn't improve at all on either of my LR sections during BR and I wound up changing answers I had initially gotten right to wrong ones on two of the RC questions, the other two I fell for the same trap answers choices both times.[efore for oct?

Nope


noguchi is a tough passage, I could never do it under 11 mins. iirc lg isn't easy either on this test.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Just PT'd 71, got a 165 (retake) -- reading comp felt really hard, haven't looked @ breakdowns yet. think its where I lost a lot of points

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:47 pm

PoopNpants wrote:I don't think relying on memory for most questions is a good idea, but memory in that sense that you memorize where certain passages elements are located is more important. One thing I've been trying to do recently is be able to know the purpose and point of each paragragh, whether the passage deals with some type of argument, and why the fuck the author wrote this shit in the first place i.e. the main point he is trying to get across.

As for timing issues, I think I have to get through at least one or two passages in 6 minutes or else so I have more time to really scrutinize ACs for the really hard passages that are in the section.


yeah but how does one get thru one or two psgs in 6 mins each?

even though first 2 psgs are usually easier, it typically takes me about 10 mins to do the first one. somehow it's pretty hard to speed up on the first/second ones.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:03 pm

appind wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:I don't think relying on memory for most questions is a good idea, but memory in that sense that you memorize where certain passages elements are located is more important. One thing I've been trying to do recently is be able to know the purpose and point of each paragragh, whether the passage deals with some type of argument, and why the fuck the author wrote this shit in the first place i.e. the main point he is trying to get across.

As for timing issues, I think I have to get through at least one or two passages in 6 minutes or else so I have more time to really scrutinize ACs for the really hard passages that are in the section.


yeah but how does one get thru one or two psgs in 6 mins each?

even though first 2 psgs are usually easier, it typically takes me about 10 mins to do the first one. somehow it's pretty hard to speed up on the first/second ones.


I usually find one or 2 passages that I can quickly read in 2-2:30, understand the structure and passage elements real well and breeze through the questions quickly. For me at least doing this helps me spend the neccessary time I need on the real tough passages, those I need to spend like 3:30 reading and understanding.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:11 pm

PoopNpants wrote:I usually find one or 2 passages that I can quickly read in 2-2:30, understand the structure and passage elements real well and breeze through the questions quickly. For me at least doing this helps me spend the neccessary time I need on the real tough passages, those I need to spend like 3:30 reading and understanding.


2-2:30 to read a psg and then 3:30 min total on qs is pretty fast.
do you consciously look for such a psg? how much time you have for the 4th one?

User avatar
december1205
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby december1205 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Took PT 69 yest, have yet to BR

LR1: -4
LR2: -3
LG: -0
RC: -7

169

Would really like to go over 170!!!!! Will do a thorough review and do timed PT on RC bc that's my major weakness, and finish identify flaw q types (cambridge)

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:31 pm

so I've been drilling sections during the last few days

Pt-c lr1 -2
Pt-c lr2 -1
37 lr1 -5 (all in last 7qs, distracted)
37 lr2 -0
38 lr1 -0
38 lr2 -2 (6, 25. Q25 answer isn't very convincing)

37 rc (-2 in ~40 min)
38 rc (-8 in 35 min, -4 in 41 min)
45 rc (-2 in 35 min)

45 lg (-0 in 28 min)

does 45 have an easier rc?
it seems lg is very easy in pt-45.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm

appind wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:I usually find one or 2 passages that I can quickly read in 2-2:30, understand the structure and passage elements real well and breeze through the questions quickly. For me at least doing this helps me spend the neccessary time I need on the real tough passages, those I need to spend like 3:30 reading and understanding.


2-2:30 to read a psg and then 3:30 min total on qs is pretty fast.
do you consciously look for such a psg? how much time you have for the 4th one?


I always go in order no matter what. I've done alot of RC sections, most more than once so I've gotten a feel on how they are structured and what type of questions to anticipate. I don't do any notating besides a little bit of marking and underlining here or there

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:48 pm

fishpaste1 wrote:Finished PT 71 on Friday and just finished grading/ reviewing it. 173 and a new PR. Lets fucking goooo. Honestly felt pretty lethargic in the 1st LR and missed a couple questions that I wouldn't normally miss. But after that section, I started to roll. That 2nd LR section had some questions that were hard af, so I'm not too upset about missing 4 there. I've never felt better about LG. I haven't missed a question in that section in 3 PTs. If y'all aren't doing it already, I really recommend watching the LG videos on 7 Sage. They've helped me tremendously. I'm also starting to gain confidence in RC. The key for me has been being an active reader. After I finish each passage, I take an additional 20-30 seconds and digest structure/ important points of the passage. I've also come to accept that there are going to be 1-2 questions in LR that I just cannot solve under time constraints and I'm alright with that. Just need to focus on being perfect the rest of the section. I'm so ready for this test. Wish I could just take it tomorrow.

PT 71

LR 1: -3
LG: -0
LR 2: -4
RC: -3
Score: 173


congrats on the pr

Harvette
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby Harvette » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Where can I get pt76?!!!

User avatar
chicharon
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby chicharon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by chicharon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:00 pm

YOU GUYS I just applied to Duke, Michigan, and WashU. SO NERVOUS.

User avatar
McJimJam
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby McJimJam » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 pm

slizerd wrote:YOU GUYS I just applied to Duke, Michigan, and WashU. SO NERVOUS.

Which schools are you retaking for? Or is it just for schollys?

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:14 pm

McJimJam wrote:
slizerd wrote:YOU GUYS I just applied to Duke, Michigan, and WashU. SO NERVOUS.

Which schools are you retaking for? Or is it just for schollys?


Retaking for schollys and UChicago. I think I'll at least get accepted *fingers crossed* to most of the places I'm applying with my Oct 170, but I don't think I can justify the debt that would come from not getting any $$$

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

tvu wrote:After a two day break, I took PT 70:

LR -2/ BR -1
RC -3/ BR -1
LG -1/ BR -0
LR -4/ BR -1

Score 171/ BR 177

Do you guys have any tips to bridge this gap?
It is primarily a problem with timing :(


It looks like exhaustion too, since the 2nd LR was -4. That's the hardest for me personally to overcome :/ a 171 isn't bad at all though!

tvu
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed...

Postby tvu » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by tvu on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby pterodactyls » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:51 pm

PT 65:
RC(exp): -4
LR: -2
LG: -3 (-2 BR)
RC: -14
LR: -5 (-4 BR)

Score 162 (or 163 BR).

Less than enthused with my RC score - lowest I've ever gotten. How is it that I can get -4 on one RC section and -14 on another an hour later? Are the more recent RC sections actually more difficult or is it just me?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GreekOmega12
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby GreekOmega12 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:24 pm

When should I take PT76? It just came in the mail and is probably the only recent LSAT material that I have not seen.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StopLawying, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests