The Official December 2015 Study Group

FSUHopeful

Re: Dec LSAT Study Group

Postby FSUHopeful » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Debating on LSAT Starter package from 7Sage or LawSchoolI's Mastermind Study Group.. (both similarly priced).. anyone have an inside scoop or preference for either?

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:Debating on LSAT Starter package from 7Sage or LawSchoolI's Mastermind Study Group.. (both similarly priced).. anyone have an inside scoop or preference for either?

Currently doing 7Sage - feel free to DM me with any and all questions!

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Worked on Valid and inValid arguments - they went pretty well. Amazing how much easier it is to learn with adequate sleep!

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 am

Just finished the "logic" portion from the 7sage course......WOW! I went in today completely clueless in conditional/formal logic, and I am now a MASTER :mrgreen: (or at least that's what it feels like!)

Going to try and hammer out as much as I can tomorrow, won't be in town Fri-Sun. I'll have to make up what I miss in the weeks that follow.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Worked on translating statements into logic diagrams for a solid 2 hours tonight, and I still feel like I am not where I need to be.

I guess I know what I'll be drilling this weekend!

1sataker

Postby 1sataker » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi,

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Just finished the "logic" portion from the 7sage course......WOW! I went in today completely clueless in conditional/formal logic, and I am now a MASTER :mrgreen: (or at least that's what it feels like!)

Going to try and hammer out as much as I can tomorrow, won't be in town Fri-Sun. I'll have to make up what I miss in the weeks that follow.

YupSports wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:Debating on LSAT Starter package from 7Sage or LawSchoolI's Mastermind Study Group.. (both similarly priced).. anyone have an inside scoop or preference for either?

I'm interested in the 7 sage course...
Can I ask whether they teach smt besides what they teach at the explanation videos?
How do they teach games? Like practice in/out rules etc. using prep test?

Thanks!

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:26 am

1sataker wrote:Hi,

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Just finished the "logic" portion from the 7sage course......WOW! I went in today completely clueless in conditional/formal logic, and I am now a MASTER :mrgreen: (or at least that's what it feels like!)

YupSports wrote:

Can I ask whether they teach smt besides what they teach at the explanation videos?

Thanks!

I have not gotten to the games section yet (due up next week), but in LR the general flow goes this way:

- Introduce a base element to a LR question type

- Show a few old questions that demonstrate this question type

- Reinforce the fundamentals of the question type via several sets of fake questions that get tougher. These questions are designed to be actually tougher than what is on the test.

- Do some flash card games that reinforce base elements (if applicable).

- Roughly 40 questions from old tests, broken into sets of 5. These are each followed by full video explanations.

Hope that helps!

1sataker

Postby 1sataker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:11 am

YupSports wrote:

YupSports wrote:

Thanks!

I have not gotten to the games section yet (due up next week), but in LR the general flow goes this way:

- Reinforce the fundamentals of the question type via several sets of fake questions that get tougher. These questions are designed to be actually tougher than what is on the test.

- Roughly 40 questions from old tests, broken into sets of 5. These are each followed by full video explanations.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!! :D
If you are on LG portion can you maybe let me know how the LG looks like too? :oops:

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:18 pm

1sataker wrote:
YupSports wrote:

YupSports wrote:

Thanks!

Hope that helps!

If you are on LG portion can you maybe let me know how the LG looks like too? :oops:

Sure, I'll try to remember when I get to it.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Still working on these Valid Conclusions - they will be the death of me!

FSUHopeful

Postby FSUHopeful » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 am

The 4 level Cambridge Packet Necessary Assumptions Questions are killer.

1sataker

Postby 1sataker » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:19 pm

YupSports wrote:
1sataker wrote:
YupSports wrote:

YupSports wrote:

Thanks!

Hope that helps!

Sure, I'll try to remember when I get to it.

Thanks! :D

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Going back and working on argument inferences before I advance to the next section.

I feel like I am really getting these down now. What a relief!

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:10 am

What's up guys?

Do you guys recommend finishing one book at a time (LG/LR/RC) or bouncing back-and-forth? Do the main programs (7Sage, TestMasters, etc) bounce back-and-forth?

Also, I have the following
-PS LG
-PS LR
-LSAT Trainer
-10 Actual

1. I see all over the forum people drilling, and I'm assuming that's the Cambridge Packets? Which bundle/packet should I order for the most/best PTs?
2. Which RC book do you guys recommend?

Thanks for the help and I am excited to be ITT.

Peep the best icon ;)

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:24 am

Finally caught up on last week's lessons from 7sage.. Existential & Universal Quantifiers and Valid & Invalid argument forms make sense now... Really happy with my progress

Going to start this week's lessons today.

deathoftheparty

Postby deathoftheparty » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:51 am

Trying to get my study materials before LSAT bans digital sales :x :( . Bought the Cambridge LR by type Volume three. I really like it, and highly recommend it for people like me, who are inconsistent with LR.

Secretjuly

Postby Secretjuly » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm thinking about holding off on the LSAT in October and moving it to December due to a lack of studying as well as progress. beginning of June I took a diagnostic after reading about what each section was about and scored a 156. After following the 16 LSAT trainer schedule for a month I felt like I was making progress studying about 3 hours a day. Then, I went on vacation because of my birthday for a 4 days. Once I got home I left for a weekend to go to a music festival. Then I went to NYC for a few days for a concert. After I returned home it was in the last 10 days of July. However, I lost most of my drive to study being kicked out of that routine and took about till the end of July off. I started studying last Friday and did a lot of drilling over the weekend. I just did a practice test and I got a 156 still. This really scares me cause that means that I'm roughly where I started in terms of my process.

After this, I've been debating on moving my test till December and signing up for a 7sage online course because starting a course now might be too late for October. I feel like I'll be more inclined to stick to a schedule in an online course cause I'll have videos and stuff to watch instead of reading from a book and drilling.

Would anyone who is taking 7sage now comment about how your are finding the lessons,if its beneficial, and also about the differences about which course to take. (Ultimate, premium,starter). I have at my disposal the Ultimate Endurance Edition of the Cambridge Bundle. (separated by question and game type from Practice tests 1-38. It also has Pt 39-59 as exams and 60-70 as 5 section exams), The LSAT trainer, the LGB, and the 3 set book by manhattan LSAT.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 pm

deathoftheparty wrote:Trying to get my study materials before LSAT bans digital sales :x :( . Bought the Cambridge LR by type Volume three. I really like it, and highly recommend it for people like me, who are inconsistent with LR.

wait a minute.. if the LSAC bans digital sales of PTs, how can people buy previously administered tests? are only paperback editions going to be sold?

deathoftheparty

Postby deathoftheparty » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:27 am

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:
deathoftheparty wrote:Trying to get my study materials before LSAT bans digital sales :x :( . Bought the Cambridge LR by type Volume three. I really like it, and highly recommend it for people like me, who are inconsistent with LR.

wait a minute.. if the LSAC bans digital sales of PTs, how can people buy previously administered tests? are only paperback editions going to be sold?

Yep. Looks like only LSAT will sell paperback tests. Reddit discusses it a bit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/3glszq/lsac_banning_all_pdfs_sales_august_15th_please/

EDIT: It looks like they will also sell e-book versions of tests? Not sure where though.

JDilemma

Postby JDilemma » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Hey guys. I had a question for everyone. I ended up taking the Feb LSAT and scored a 165, following two months of intense studying through Testmasters (150 initial Diag). Still, this was bellow my expectations as I was scoring 168+ by the final weeks of my course. Thus, I plan on taking the LSAT again in December. Any recommendations on how to approach this as a re-taker? I still have all of my practice tests and books in possession, but of course they're all marked up in pen. Thanks guys!

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:49 am

Did Most Strongly Supported chapter in Manhattan LR Guide today. I just started going through chapter two of the Cambridge LG volume 1 and find I am pretty slow on some of the games.. Any advice for increasing speed and deductions?

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:45 pm

About half way through Sufficient Assumption & Pseudo Sufficient Assumption Questions - should finish up tomorrow and head on to Intro To RC.

Welcome to the new people in this thread!

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:48 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Finally caught up on last week's lessons from 7sage.. Existential & Universal Quantifiers and Valid & Invalid argument forms make sense now... Really happy with my progress

Going to start this week's lessons today.

Sounds like we are both enjoying 7Sage!

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Secretjuly wrote:Would anyone who is taking 7sage now comment about how your are finding the lessons,if its beneficial, and also about the differences about which course to take. (Ultimate, premium,starter).

Talked about 7Sage a bit earlier in this thread.

Any specific questions, please do not hesitate to message me.

Lacoste

Postby Lacoste » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 pm

back at it again. I hate this damn test, but I know what getting a good score can do for me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”