The Official December 2015 Study Group

flash21

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 am

pleadthafif wrote:I know it's because of self-selection but it's kind of weird that on TLS mid-high 160s are disappointing. That's like 92nd percentile haha.

if i got a mid 160 I'd be very happy. sometimes I am not sure if people here are serious or feel the need to say UGH A 171 I AM SO DUMB

Phoenix97

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:48 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

pleadthafif

Post removed...

Postby pleadthafif » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:55 am

Post removed...
Last edited by pleadthafif on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

somethingElse

Post removed...

Postby somethingElse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix97

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

slizerd

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Phoenix97 wrote:
slizerd wrote:
pleadthafif wrote:I know it's because of self-selection but it's kind of weird that on TLS mid-high 160s are disappointing. That's like 92nd percentile haha.

I agree 100%. I got a 170 in October and feel like a failure haha

:evil:

I know I know... It's half TLS mindset and half immigrant parent pressure ("I came to America so you could miss points on the LSAT?!") :oops:

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Going from 176/178 down to 173 because of RC.

RC is kicking my ass starting the 50's.
Weird thing is I took some of the 60's test a month back and I did way better in RC than I do now. I thought I was good with RC until it stabbed me in the back :(

Take a break.[/quote

]
Phoenix97 wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Going from 176/178 down to 173 because of RC.

RC is kicking my ass starting the 50's.
Weird thing is I took some of the 60's test a month back and I did way better in RC than I do now. I thought I was good with RC until it stabbed me in the back :(

I had the same issue. Did some prep withe Manhattan guide, then took a break from RC, and two weeks later I'm back on it.

I worked in October so the week or two at the end of October I took a break, and started hardcore studying October 27th again. And the test is in less than a month, so I'm hesitant to take a break =/

Honestly, although I am prep-test scoring better than most of my friends, they have just as much of a chance getting into the top schools as I will even if they score lower. I'm a splitter with a 3.55.

This girl from my college has a 3.96 GPA, has been working in biglaw as a paralegal since freshman year of undergraduate. She was prep testing at 165 and scored a 158 on her October LSAT! This scared me so much...

She only took 8 prep tests before taking it though.

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:02 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:So a few pages ago there was a conversation about eating healthy getting all your vitamins etc, at the time I didn't see anyone mention it but does anyone drink the smoothies/shakes that are supposed to give you all that stuff? I mean I know some of you literally make your own but I mean things like shakeology, Idealshake, etc?

Been thinking about trying one to supplement my breakfast or lunch, any opinions on these??

Due to stress because of work/school/LSAT I noticed my hands would be shaking and my nerves were all frayed. I went to a neurologist and he gave me a list of vitamins that would support my nervous system. Ever since I've been taking them most of my anxiety has gone away and I started feeling a lot better.

Although... It could just be the fact that I cut down on drinking to once every two weeks.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
PatriotP74 wrote:So a few pages ago there was a conversation about eating healthy getting all your vitamins etc, at the time I didn't see anyone mention it but does anyone drink the smoothies/shakes that are supposed to give you all that stuff? I mean I know some of you literally make your own but I mean things like shakeology, Idealshake, etc?

Been thinking about trying one to supplement my breakfast or lunch, any opinions on these??

Due to stress because of work/school/LSAT I noticed my hands would be shaking and my nerves were all frayed. I went to a neurologist and he gave me a list of vitamins that would support my nervous system. Ever since I've been taking them most of my anxiety has gone away and I started feeling a lot better.

Although... It could just be the fact that I cut down on drinking to once every two weeks.

I have the same problem, and I don't drink AT ALL lol. (I know I making a good deal of assumptions lol)

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:11 pm

ltowns1 wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

I have the same problem, and I don't drink AT ALL lol. (I know I making a good deal of assumptions lol)

Do you drink coffee/smoke cigarettes?

My neurologist told me how coffee is possibly the worst thing that has happened to humanity. He told me it destroys your nervous system. My nervous system getting better is probably partially due to the fact that I quit coffee as well, although I still smoke.
Definitely not quitting smoking until after the LSAT, screw that.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

Do you drink coffee/smoke cigarettes?

My neurologist told me how coffee is possibly the worst thing that has happened to humanity. He told me it destroys your nervous system. My nervous system getting better is probably partially due to the fact that I quit coffee as well, although I still smoke.
Definitely not quitting smoking until after the LSAT, screw that.

I don't smoke, and I don't drink coffee much. I do drink tea a good bit. For me caffeine and the LSAT don't mix, but I've had pretty severe anxiety for about three years now. I've been able to manage it to a degree though.
Last edited by ltowns1 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirArthurDayne

Post removed.

Postby SirArthurDayne » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by SirArthurDayne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pleadthafif

Post removed...

Postby pleadthafif » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pleadthafif on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 pm

pleadthafif wrote:
SirArthurDayne wrote:What are you guys doing regarding applications. Have you completed them and are just waiting to take the test or are you doing it afterwards?

No, I'm planning on doing them after the test. We have a solid 3 weeks minimum I believe.

+1

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:02 am, edited 8 times in total.

biggestlawman

Postby biggestlawman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Took the first PT in a year yesterday, and I've been feeling as if I just took the real thing and now I can party! But then, 166 brings me down. Its been an emotional see-saw.

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm

I was advised to have the applications sent in before I got my LSAT score. That way, as soon as the LSAT score comes in the applications will be view-able by law schools I applied to. An instructor said that if I wait to get my LSAT score and only then complete and send in my applications, my application will come in later when compared with the first situation.

However, I'm no longer sure what I"ll be doing due to the optional essays. If my LSAT score isn't high enough I might have to whip up some extra optional essays to improve my chances.

slizerd

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Ehhh I think Shakeology is way overhyped (and overpriced). I just make sure to take vitamins B12 and D every day, and get enough protein (50+ g) and calcium. Someone else posted about coffee being awful and I definitely have a problem staying away from it. I've been drinking 1/4 cup coffee and filling the rest of the mug with almond milk so it still feels like I'm drinking coffee haha.

slizerd

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:09 pm

gamerish wrote:
SirArthurDayne wrote:What are you guys doing regarding applications. Have you completed them and are just waiting to take the test or are you doing it afterwards?

I just did my first draft of my PS last night but I'm finished with everything else. Hoping to submit apps to several schools this week.

Blegh same here. Finished my PS, DS, and Why Michigan last night. I've officially run out of interesting things to say about myself.

mintme

Postby mintme » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:14 pm

pleadthafif wrote:

No, I'm planning on doing them after the test. We have a solid 3 weeks minimum I believe.

Same.

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Post removed...

slizerd

Postby slizerd » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:18 pm

gamerish wrote:
slizerd wrote:
gamerish wrote:

I just did my first draft of my PS last night but I'm finished with everything else. Hoping to submit apps to several schools this week.

Blegh same here. Finished my PS, DS, and Why Michigan last night. I've officially run out of interesting things to say about myself.

I have to somehow find another adversity topic to discuss for my AnnBryce essay even though that's what my PS was about.

Does having to write multiple essays count as adversity?

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Post removed...

mintme

Postby mintme » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Guys, I'm so frustrated with this test. :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”