The Official December 2015 Study Group

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SirArthurDayne
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Post removed.

Postby SirArthurDayne » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:00 am

Post removed.
Last edited by SirArthurDayne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
roshan07
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby roshan07 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:31 am

I was taking 4 PTs a week up to the October test and am now taking 2 PTs a week, such a good move.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:42 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:49 am

Phoenix97 wrote:
roshan07 wrote:I was taking 4 PTs a week up to the October test and am now taking 2 PTs a week, such a good move.


Why?

I was just thinking today that I might start going up to 5 or 6 a week.

Anyone have any advice for studying a lot while still managing to avoid burnout?


No no no do NOT do 5-6 a week! I made that mistake studying for the October test and I was so burnt out by the time I actually took it. Also, it caused me to use almost all of my PTs, which screwed me a bit for the Dec test. I still did well (170) but I'd been PTing at 178, and I think I could've scored that if I learned when to take a break

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:52 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
roshan07 wrote:I was taking 4 PTs a week up to the October test and am now taking 2 PTs a week, such a good move.


Why?

I was just thinking today that I might start going up to 5 or 6 a week.

Anyone have any advice for studying a lot while still managing to avoid burnout?


No no no do NOT do 5-6 a week! I made that mistake studying for the October test and I was so burnt out by the time I actually took it. Also, it caused me to use almost all of my PTs, which screwed me a bit for the Dec test. I still did well (170) but I'd been PTing at 178, and I think I could've scored that if I learned when to take a break



Starting to realize that hitting the 175+ range is as much about mindset/ focus as it it actually being good at things.


mindset really is the most important part for me, especially because RC starts to all blur together and I can't understand more than two sentences when I've been doing LSAT too much

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
SirArthurDayne
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Post removed.

Postby SirArthurDayne » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

Post removed.
Last edited by SirArthurDayne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:59 am

Phoenix97 wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
roshan07 wrote:I was taking 4 PTs a week up to the October test and am now taking 2 PTs a week, such a good move.


Why?

I was just thinking today that I might start going up to 5 or 6 a week.

Anyone have any advice for studying a lot while still managing to avoid burnout?


No no no do NOT do 5-6 a week! I made that mistake studying for the October test and I was so burnt out by the time I actually took it. Also, it caused me to use almost all of my PTs, which screwed me a bit for the Dec test. I still did well (170) but I'd been PTing at 178, and I think I could've scored that if I learned when to take a break



Starting to realize that hitting the 175+ range is as much about mindset/ focus as it it actually being good at things.


mindset really is the most important part for me, especially because RC starts to all blur together and I can't understand more than two sentences when I've been doing LSAT too much


YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.


Haha not at all! And I feel really lazy/useless when I'm not studying, but one glance at a RC section reminds me that the break is needed

User avatar
somethingElse
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Post removed...

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 am

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:03 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:05 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:12 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
somethingElse
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Post removed...

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:13 am

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:16 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:17 am

Phoenix97 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
roshan07 wrote:I was taking 4 PTs a week up to the October test and am now taking 2 PTs a week, such a good move.


Why?

I was just thinking today that I might start going up to 5 or 6 a week.

Anyone have any advice for studying a lot while still managing to avoid burnout?


No no no do NOT do 5-6 a week! I made that mistake studying for the October test and I was so burnt out by the time I actually took it. Also, it caused me to use almost all of my PTs, which screwed me a bit for the Dec test. I still did well (170) but I'd been PTing at 178, and I think I could've scored that if I learned when to take a break



Starting to realize that hitting the 175+ range is as much about mindset/ focus as it it actually being good at things.


mindset really is the most important part for me, especially because RC starts to all blur together and I can't understand more than two sentences when I've been doing LSAT too much


What are words?

Yeah me too, especially for LR. I've found that the reading speed that works for me for LR is significantly slower than I read normally, and if I don't pay attention I'll slip into that and suddenly nothing makes sense. RC has gotten better now that I read the passages faster.


I love you guys for not only making me feel less alone, but also bringing to light issues that I was attributing my personal fuck-upary.
This makes a lot of sense. I generally read fast as well, and whenever I go over careless mistakes it is almost always a matter of reading too quickly.
But how do you slow down your reading AND maintain a speed that keeps you from running out of time?


For me what works is underlining things, even if it's underlining things that aren't important. Just interacting with the text in some way other than just staring at it keeps me more focused. The thing that slows down my reading the most is trying to understand everything I'm reading; I've learned to accept that I won't understand most of it until I actually go back through it to answer the questions

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:18 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
somethingElse
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Post removed...

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:19 am

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:20 am

somethingelse55 wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:Lol...okay, don't worry, I won't.

Still hate the fact I feel like I know the material but seem to be jumping wildly in the number of questions I miss in each section.
I think timing, nerves, and overall confidence are my biggest issues...but how can I work on those without doing actual PTs?


Meditating, laughing at funny answer choices as you notice them, whenever you find yourself not being confident immediately change your mindset and believe in yourself, finish the first 15 LR questions in 15 minutes, do timed sections without doing a full PT, listen to music that pumps you up

those are not in order of importance except for meditating which is rightly listed first


I would add working out/eating healthy to this. I run or elliptical for at least 20 min 6 mornings a week, I strength train 3 days, and I teach zumba and yoga 2x/week. All that, for me, released stress more than anything else and helped shake out LSAT jitters. I've also noticed that I do remarkably worse when I've eaten lunchables and candy for dinner as opposed to yogurt and fruit or whatever.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, cherrygalore, Instrumental, Ithinkican, mrgstephe and 7 guests