The Official December 2015 Study Group

WMcGregs

Re: Dec LSAT Study Group

Postby WMcGregs » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:13 pm

After drilling over 100 weaken questions, something just clicked and got 25 questions correct in a row. I hope this is a trend on most LR questions.

Aquila

Postby Aquila » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:42 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
WMcGregs wrote:
Aquila wrote:
josh9308 wrote:Taking this in Dec. as well.

Does anyone have any concerns about the timing of taking the LSAT in December? Specifically, in terms of scholarship money available and the date being later than the other test dates? It'll be my first time taking the LSAT so I'm not sure if I'll have to wait another year.

applying early is much better for scholarship money, realistically taking the dec LSAT for your first real LSAT probably makes the best decision to apply for the year after not the following sept. that also allows time for retake.

I agree with this even though I'm applying this upcoming cycle. It's definitely best to apply early for scholarship money and rolling tuitions. But as long as you get your apps in before the new year you are still in a decent spot.

IDK but that would be AWESOME

Does anyone know if you have all your stuff uploaded to LSAC when you applied for the last cycle, if its still acceptable for this cycle..(like letters of rec. etc).

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Not feeling so well after work today - the focus just wasn't there. Did about 40 upper-level weaken questions and only missed 3, but the answers were as "clear" to me as usual.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Signed up for the 7sage course and so far I am pleased, I love the structure..
I can honestly say that the grammar lessons in the course have brushed up techniques that are needed for the exam.

I'm pretty much done for today. June '07 diagnostic tomorrow followed by BR.

teacups

Postby teacups » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:04 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Signed up for the 7sage course and so far I am pleased, I love the structure..
I can honestly say that the grammar lessons in the course have brushed up techniques that are needed for the exam.

Which 7Sage course did you sign up for? I'd like to do one, but they are so dang expensive. :/ How is 7Sage for LR and RC?

WMcGregs

Postby WMcGregs » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 pm

I have been slacking on studying these past couple of days, and I don't know how this weekend will be due to my summer classes. But hopefully I can get a little bit of LR drilling in. I have been ignoring RC so I definitely have to drill some of that too. Damn online UG courses!

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 am

teacups wrote:
DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Signed up for the 7sage course and so far I am pleased, I love the structure..

Which 7Sage course did you sign up for? I'd like to do one, but they are so dang expensive. :/ How is 7Sage for LR and RC?

I enrolled in the Ultimate package. I understand that the courses may be steep, but they are definitely not as steep as other prep companies' courses or 1-on-1 tutoring sessions that some tutors charge. At the end of the day, the money spent on courses/instruction is a drop in the bucket compared to the money you could be saving in scholarships.
I have not reached the point where the instructor (JY) has taught LR & RC in depth yet; the first few lessons are basics about grammar, sentence structure, sentence forms, etc... However, others on this forum have spoken highly about the explanations given for LR and RC. From what I've completed so far, I like it a lot. JY's explanations and instruction is very thorough and clear (and humorous at times too).

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:53 am

Been working on LR Weakening questions the past few days - excited to move on to something else tonight!

I am moving tomorrow, so I'm not really sure how much work I will get in this weekend.

teacups

Postby teacups » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:
teacups wrote:

I enrolled in the Ultimate package. I understand that the courses may be steep, but they are definitely not as steep as other prep companies' courses or 1-on-1 tutoring sessions that some tutors charge. At the end of the day, the money spent on courses/instruction is a drop in the bucket compared to the money you could be saving in scholarships.
I have not reached the point where the instructor (JY) has taught LR & RC in depth yet; the first few lessons are basics about grammar, sentence structure, sentence forms, etc... However, others on this forum have spoken highly about the explanations given for LR and RC. From what I've completed so far, I like it a lot. JY's explanations and instruction is very thorough and clear (and humorous at times too).

Hmm, alright. I will be looking into it, just not the Ultimate Package, unfortunately because there is no way I could afford that. How long do you spend on 7Sage per day?

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:10 pm

teacups wrote:
DoYouEvenTLS wrote:
teacups wrote:

Hmm, alright. I will be looking into it, just not the Ultimate Package, unfortunately because there is no way I could afford that. How long do you spend on 7Sage per day?

Fortunately, I have a lot of free time during the week since I only work on weekends. So I basically treat studying for the LSAT like a full time job. I would say ~7 hours now that I'm enrolled in the course.

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:18 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:
teacups wrote:
DoYouEvenTLS wrote:
teacups wrote:

Fortunately, I have a lot of free time during the week since I only work on weekends. So I basically treat studying for the LSAT like a full time job. I would say ~7 hours now that I'm enrolled in the course.

7 hours a day? Damn! Putting us all to shame!

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Moved into a new, much bigger apartment this weekend 8) .

Did the validity unit and will be drilling conditional logic before I hit they hay.

FSUHopeful

Postby FSUHopeful » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

YupSports wrote:Moved into a new, much bigger apartment this weekend 8) .

Did the validity unit and will be drilling conditional logic before I hit they hay.

Just got in from vacation last night. Did 2.5 hours on Weaken and Point.

Binghamton1018

Postby Binghamton1018 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Preptest 39 section 2 question 21 is EXACTLY the type that has been plaguing me during prep. 37 minutes I spent trying to get my head around it! :? Any advice ?

FSUHopeful

Postby FSUHopeful » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Binghamton1018 wrote:Preptest 39 section 2 question 21 is EXACTLY the type that has been plaguing me during prep. 37 minutes I spent trying to get my head around it! :? Any advice ?

I got A. Im not sure how they arrived at the right answer..

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Just worked on "some" and "most" relationships for about two hours.

Not too difficult, but I could see myself making some assumptions under timed conditions,

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Checking in:

I was prepping for the October LSAT but then I moved cross country with my mom from the east coast to the west coast, so I got caught up in that. So, now I am prepping for the December LSAT.

Yesterday I reworked my LSAT schedule according to the 7Sage LSAT scheduler. I got through half of my schedule which includes 7Sage online course material, Manhattan LSAT LR Guide and Manhattan RC Guide, and Cambridge for drilling. I had purchased the LG Bible but I don't think I have any room in my prep for it. I hope the 7Sage Games and Cambridge Games bundles will be sufficient.

My plan for today is to review the lessons I did in the summer by rewatching them, I only got through a small percentage of my material so from tomorrow onwards it will be study time!

I am a little nervous because it is only 4 months to the LSAT, but I have time for getting through all the course material coupled with drilling before hitting the preptests in chunks. Do people think it is important to drill on the same days or off days from doing preptests?

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:29 pm

YupSports wrote:Welcome to the thread, Binghamton!

So, this weekend was not as productive as I had liked. I simply adjusted my study schedule a bit, so I will still be following the same "roadmap".

With that being said, I reviewed any answer I wasn't 100% about (from my first PT) and turned over the logic in my head until the solution made sense.

As far as studying, I am using:

1) A schedule provided by 7Sage as I take the online course.
2) While not taking PTs, I employ the Pomodoro Technique, as it helps me stay focused. (http://pomodorotechnique.com/). There are many Google Chrome extensions to help you implement this.
3) I am also using the "Don't Break The Chain" (http://lifehacker.com/5886128/how-seinf ... on-problem) to keep the study schedule consistent.

I found all of these recommendations in a "Doing Well In Law School" thread - I will do my best to locate it at some point.

How is everyone's prep going?

Thanks for these links, I bookmarked them and will hopefully check them out!!

FSUHopeful

Postby FSUHopeful » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Parallel Reasoning can die in a fire. That is all. Was crushing, only missed one through the first 3 sections on the Cambridge Drill Packet. Get to the last one, missed 9.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Finished up the MSS section from 7sage, took me way longer than it should have (not sure why)...but I think I have a much better understanding of the question type than before.
The few questions I did miss were really tough (1 was a dumb mistake).
Starting the "Intro to Logic" section later tonight and hopefully finishing it tomorrow.

note to self: what's helped me pin down the right answer choice is reminding myself that there are 4 embarrassingly, absolutely erroneous, false answer choices

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:54 pm

A bit under the weather and had to work late, so I just reviewed Valid arguments and negations for about an hour tonight so as to not "break the chain".

YupSports

Postby YupSports » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 pm

DoYouEvenTLS wrote:Finished up the MSS section from 7sage, took me way longer than it should have (not sure why)...but I think I have a much better understanding of the question type than before.
The few questions I did miss were really tough (1 was a dumb mistake).
Starting the "Intro to Logic" section later tonight and hopefully finishing it tomorrow.

note to self: what's helped me pin down the right answer choice is reminding myself that there are 4 embarrassingly, absolutely erroneous, false answer choices

I had to go back and review them too; don't feel bad.

I just remind myself that the goal is to get the fundamentals down now so you can be more effective during preptests!

Aquila

Postby Aquila » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:15 am

About 150 pages into the PS LGB, doing well on drills for the most part

deathoftheparty

Postby deathoftheparty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:51 am

Hey guys! Checking in here. I'm taking for the 4th (!) time in December. First two times I had pretty bad luck with testing conditions.

Looking for some advice on study materials..
I took a Princeton Review course before my first time taking it. (159)
Used LSAT Trainer before my second time. (161)
Did practice exams before my third time. (165)

LG I have down and consistently score -1/-2. I'm inconsistent in scoring well in LR and RC. Any suggestions on what materials I should get to study? Thanks!

Aquila

Postby Aquila » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

deathoftheparty wrote:Hey guys! Checking in here. I'm taking for the 4th (!) time in December. First two times I had pretty bad luck with testing conditions.

Looking for some advice on study materials..
I took a Princeton Review course before my first time taking it. (159)
Used LSAT Trainer before my second time. (161)
Did practice exams before my third time. (165)

LG I have down and consistently score -1/-2. I'm inconsistent in scoring well in LR and RC. Any suggestions on what materials I should get to study? Thanks!

Manhattann for LR and RC I would say... I am also a retaker

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”