The Official December 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
YupSports

Bronze

Re: Dec LSAT Study Group

Post by YupSports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Put in a solid 8 hours of studying this weekend.

Finally nailed down the base of conditional logic, and now moving towards weakening argument questions.

With that being said, I plan on drilling conditional logic terms every other day until I can recite their classifications from memory.

Still behind a bit on the 7Sage syllabus, so I will be working from bed tonight and doing what I can to help the wonderful people of this thread 8).
Last edited by YupSports on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WMcGregs

New

Post by WMcGregs » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:32 pm

YupSports wrote:Put in a solid 8 hours of studying this weekend.

Finally nailed down the base of conditional logic, and now moving towards weakening argument questions.

With that being said, I plan on drilling conditional logic terms until every other day I can recite their classifications from memory.

Still behind a bit on the 7Sage syllabus, so I will be working from bed tonight and doing what I can to help the wonderful people of this thread 8).
What did you use to study conditional logic? I would like to go over it so I get a better idea of it.

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 pm

WMcGregs wrote:
YupSports wrote:Put in a solid 8 hours of studying this weekend.

With that being said, I plan on drilling conditional logic terms until every other day I can recite their classifications from memory.

What did you use to study conditional logic? I would like to go over it so I get a better idea of it.

Im not Yup, but i used LawSchoolI's posts. Worked well for me. I also used some of the LSAT Trainer.

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 pm

I used the 7Sage course - he has a video/question/quiz series that takes about 3-4 hours.

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 pm

YupSports wrote:I used the 7Sage course - he has a video/question/quiz series that takes about 3-4 hours.

Love his Logic Game explanations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
YupSports wrote:I used the 7Sage course - he has a video/question/quiz series that takes about 3-4 hours.

I have only watched a few, but they were good.

As far as LR - I have to watch them at 1.7X because he rambles a bit.

Does any one have suggestions for alternative LR videos?

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:04 pm

YupSports wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:

Does he have free LR ones too?

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Did about 4 hours.. calling it a night. Would anyone want to set up a Skype schedule and review a PT or 2 a week? I did that for the previous test and worked well.

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:10 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:Did about 4 hours.. calling it a night. Would anyone want to set up a Skype schedule and review a PT or 2 a week? I did that for the previous test and worked well.
I'm totally down for this, although it will be about a month before I PT on a regular basis.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:11 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
YupSports wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:

Does he have free LR ones too?
He has them, but I am not sure if they are free.

1234yunjunf

New

Post by 1234yunjunf » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 am

FSUHopeful wrote:What is the main difference between "Most Strongly Supported" and "Must Be True" questions? Should we attack them with totally different strategies?
Basically the same, but note that MBTs consider the stimulus to be absolutely unquestionable and you are choosing the one that "must be true" according to the information in the stimulus. MSSs are the same, but the right answer may not be as crisp clear as MBT answers.
Drill these two question types and you will get what I mean

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 am

FSUHopeful wrote:What is the main difference between "Most Strongly Supported" and "Must Be True" questions? Should we attack them with totally different strategies?
the stimulus is assumed to be true in both types of questions. the only difference between these two types is that MSS may require a minor, but very plausible, assumption in order for the credited choice to be true. but the credited choice in the MBT question should not need any assumption whatsoever to be true and can be proven true solely based on the stimulus.

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 am

1234yunjunf wrote:
Basically the same, but note that MBTs consider the stimulus to be absolutely unquestionable and you are choosing the one that "must be true" according to the information in the stimulus. MSSs are the same, but the right answer may not be as crisp clear as MBT answers.
Drill these two question types and you will get what I mean

I've finished both Cambridge packets on them. I see.. thanks for helping!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 am

appind wrote:
the stimulus is assumed to be true in both types of questions. the only difference between these two types is that MSS may require a minor, but very plausible, assumption in order for the credited choice to be true. but the credited choice in the MBT question should not need any assumption whatsoever to be true and can be proven true solely based on the stimulus.

Thank you!

Aquila

Bronze

Post by Aquila » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Just bought Manhattan LR and RC.

Considering the trainer as well? any thoughts
retaker looking for a 160 to 170+ jump!

For LG i was going to stick with free resources on 7Sage unless someone else has experience with something else

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Aquila wrote:Just bought Manhattan LR and RC.

For LG i was going to stick with free resources on 7Sage unless someone else has experience with something else

Trainer was a must for me, IMO.

Aquila

Bronze

Post by Aquila » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
Aquila wrote:Just bought Manhattan LR and RC.

Trainer was a must for me, IMO.
Rationale?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Just wrapped up Most Strongly Supported questions. I have a much more solid base now than I did over the weekend.

Also drilled my conditional logic terms because I suck at them. Does anyone have anything that could help here?

I want to remind everyone of the importance of sleep. I got a good nights sleep for the first time in a while and noticed a reduction in dumb mistakes as well as an increase in learning speed. IMO sacrificing too much sleep to study is very very counter-productive, especially when considering how far out we are.

josh9308

New

Post by josh9308 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:11 am

Taking this in Dec. as well.

Does anyone have any concerns about the timing of taking the LSAT in December? Specifically, in terms of scholarship money available and the date being later than the other test dates? It'll be my first time taking the LSAT so I'm not sure if I'll have to wait another year.

Aquila

Bronze

Post by Aquila » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:22 am

josh9308 wrote:Taking this in Dec. as well.

Does anyone have any concerns about the timing of taking the LSAT in December? Specifically, in terms of scholarship money available and the date being later than the other test dates? It'll be my first time taking the LSAT so I'm not sure if I'll have to wait another year.
applying early is much better for scholarship money, realistically taking the dec LSAT for your first real LSAT probably makes the best decision to apply for the year after not the following sept. that also allows time for retake.

WMcGregs

New

Post by WMcGregs » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 am

Aquila wrote:

applying early is much better for scholarship money, realistically taking the dec LSAT for your first real LSAT probably makes the best decision to apply for the year after not the following sept. that also allows time for retake.
I agree with this even though I'm applying this upcoming cycle. It's definitely best to apply early for scholarship money and rolling tuitions. But as long as you get your apps in before the new year you are still in a decent spot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

devilsman

New

Post by devilsman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 am

Anyone else taking the test in October and feeling like they're running out of time? I jumped to a 162 but I work full time so have limited time to study.

DoYouEvenTLS

Bronze

Post by DoYouEvenTLS » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:20 am

devilsman wrote:Anyone else taking the test in October and feeling like they're running out of time? I jumped to a 162 but I work full time so have limited time to study.

Right here.... Signed up for October but I'm having second thoughts; think I may postpone for the December test. Past few months FLEW, I swear

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:36 pm

WMcGregs wrote:
Aquila wrote:

I agree with this even though I'm applying this upcoming cycle. It's definitely best to apply early for scholarship money and rolling tuitions. But as long as you get your apps in before the new year you are still in a decent spot.

Does anyone know if you have all your stuff uploaded to LSAC when you applied for the last cycle, if its still acceptable for this cycle..(like letters of rec. etc).

YupSports

Bronze

Post by YupSports » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Got through about half of the causation unit. They seem incredibly easy compared to the Most Strongly Supported questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”