The Official December 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
betterLawyerUP

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Post by betterLawyerUP » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 am

I just took 71 as well, RC is annoying me in its lack of certainty, it often seems it could go either way. Case in point Q10, the first passage talks about the discovery of a new economic world. That is precisely what the passage is about, in fact, Q7 reinforces that truth.

The right answer to Q10 states its title as "Biologists create new species in a lab." Ive spent an hour looking at this, its wrong. Creating something new is entirely different from discovering something, period. This difference in terms is too great (in LSAT world) to permit D being the right answer, so of course I think I am smart and choose C, only to get it wrong.

Seems like this trash happens every other passage, obviously im wrong most of the time but there is no way you could argue discovery and creation are fundamentally the same.

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 am

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dellara wrote:Does anyone else have that feeling in their stomach that everything is going to wrong on test day? I only picture two things and it's either everything going amazing and imagining myself seeing a 176 in my email or being royally fucked and seeing a 161
Oh yeah. I try my best to ignore it, but nagging doubt nags.
my favorite thing about TLS people

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:18 am

lol but before u call me an elitist you should consider that I am a super splitter with a 3.1 GPA -___- so I really would be fucked

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:19 am

also just went -0 on PT 44 logic games so that was satisfying

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:20 am

This time next week I am going to be so drunk

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:24 am

dellara wrote:lol but before u call me an elitist you should consider that I am a super splitter with a 3.1 GPA -___- so I really would be fucked
no no no I'm the same exact way! I got a 170 on the October test and cried in my room the rest of the day. The perfectionist struggle is real :cry:

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:25 am

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 am

slizerd wrote:
dellara wrote:lol but before u call me an elitist you should consider that I am a super splitter with a 3.1 GPA -___- so I really would be fucked
no no no I'm the same exact way! I got a 170 on the October test and cried in my room the rest of the day. The perfectionist struggle is real :cry:
damn! what are you shooting for in december? I would be happy with a 170. I mean it's the lowest score that I would be happy with, I would cry if I got a 169. you're dope, and your striving to be better is gonna pay off and you're gonna kill it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:30 am

i_wish_i_was_smart wrote:It really sucks when you get 165 or even 172. Life feels hopeless and you wish you weren't born
whenever I see a score in the 160's I feel such weird emotions like, my eyelids kind of lower.. and I'm like...

"really........ actually.......why"

and then I get really excited when I see I incorrectly inputted some answers I put on my sheet into the 7sage online scoring thingy

I sleep really well when I get a good score but when I don't I stare at the ceiling contemplating my life lol. Also I think of things in terms of lsat language and it's really been influencing the way I communicate and I am totally aware it's happening but I just let it

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:31 am

I have an excel spread sheet where I keep track of the tests I've completed and what I use as experimentals and my scores and if I get below a 170 instead of inputting the score I just input "nope"

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:35 am

dellara wrote:
slizerd wrote:
damn! what are you shooting for in december? I would be happy with a 170. I mean it's the lowest score that I would be happy with, I would cry if I got a 169. you're dope, and your striving to be better is gonna pay off and you're gonna kill it.
Awh thank you! I'm hoping so!! I'm shooting for a 173+. I really feel like those few extra points would mean a killer increase in scholarship money/ acceptance potential everywhere I'm applying.

I felt OK at first when I got the 170. I was like 'well, this isn't as high as I was hoping for. but it's a good score still.' and as the minutes passed and I thought about all my higher-scored PTs, the failure feeling grew and grew =(

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 am

slizerd wrote:
I felt OK at first when I got the 170. I was like 'well, this isn't as high as I was hoping for. but it's a good score still.' and as the minutes passed and I thought about all my higher-scored PTs, the failure feeling grew and grew =(
Have you sent out apps or are you waiting to retake to send them out?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:47 am

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:50 am

dellara wrote:
slizerd wrote:
Have you sent out apps or are you waiting to retake to send them out?
I sent them out mid-November to everywhere but Harvard and Chicago. I asked a few of the schools to hold it for the December score though. In at Duke and WUSTL so far though, so at least I have some sense of security!

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 am

i_wish_i_was_smart wrote: Lol I know what you mean. You know what's really scary? The thought of not finishing the LG section in time and like missing the last 7 questions because game 4 is just too hard.
I have nightmares about this 0_0

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:53 am

i_wish_i_was_smart wrote:
Lol I know what you mean. You know what's really scary? The thought of not finishing the LG section in time and like missing the last 7 questions because game 4 is just too hard.
Don't let the thought of that scare you. Trust your intuition and when it doesn't feel easy, skip the game and come back to it. Skip rule sub. questions and come back to them. Even the hardest games have some questions that have some right answer choices you can easily see. Trust yourself and your inferences so that once you get to the right answer choice, you move on instead of double checking that all the wrong choices are indeed wrong. Circle it and come back if you have time. Dominating the LSAT has so much to do with confidence and trusting the time and effort you put into your work

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 am

What's scary to me is potentially reading a rule wrong (like I did in game 3 of PT 44 about archeological sites), spending all this time constructing your master game board based on that rule, getting a couple questions in and realizing that you completely misinterpreted a rule and having your heart sink and being like fuck-- but just recollect, go back, and redraw your game board and the appropriate inferences. The cool part about all this studying that we put in is that the other games whiz by so we have a time bank as a cushion just in case something like that happens. Even with all that time wasted, I finished on time with -0. Just gotta make sure you don't freak yourself out and maintain focus and completely forget you fucking up ever happened. If Section 1 didn't feel good, wipe that shit from your memory and start anew for Section 2. If a question didn't feel good but you have to move on, do not get question hangover and let it slip into your mind when you're supposed to be giving the current question 100%. Because if you don't, then you're going to have repeated question hangover on the next question after that and you're gonna think (did I really understand that right? I was distracted by that other dumb question) and then it just cascades. Take a deep breath, circle a question you're not sure about, forget about it, move on, and come back if you have time.

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:02 am

I have a super brilliant friend who spaced out and didn't get to an entire RC passage and got the whole last passage wrong. Still got a 173, and he's in his 1L at Harvard now. (Granted he was PTing 180s and prob would have been up there had he not fucked up) but like his end goal was achieved. It's not the end of the world ya'll

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 am

dellara wrote:I have a super brilliant friend who spaced out and didn't get to an entire RC passage and got the whole last passage wrong. Still got a 173, and he's in his 1L at Harvard now. (Granted he was PTing 180s and prob would have been up there had he not fucked up) but like his end goal was achieved. It's not the end of the world ya'll
That must've been some really intense devastation for him at first though :shock:

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 am

slizerd wrote:
dellara wrote:I have a super brilliant friend who spaced out and didn't get to an entire RC passage and got the whole last passage wrong. Still got a 173, and he's in his 1L at Harvard now. (Granted he was PTing 180s and prob would have been up there had he not fucked up) but like his end goal was achieved. It's not the end of the world ya'll
That must've been some really intense devastation for him at first though :shock:
haha yeah I'm pretty sure he was super bummed about it

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:10 am

I really need to get into a better sleep schedule starting tomorrow. It's two am and I'm wide awake working frantically on master's degree crap (and procrastinating on TLS)

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:16 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dellara

Bronze

Post by dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:26 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm trying so hard not to freak out about this test. I'm trying to act aloof and cool but really I'm on pins and needles. This is my last actual shot. I just feel so dumb after days like today where I hit the 160s, on a test I've taken before too. I have no actual idea what I can expect for score wise, and I just have to hope beyond hope that I show up clear headed. So much of my strategies rely on me to actually think that if I'm off just a little bit, I don't hit my target and I've wasted years of my life.
It honestly felt good reading this. Not because I am a sadist, but because I have seen your capabilities on PTs and to know you are having the same anxiety I am makes me feel less anxious I guess haha. Try to fit in meditation every day this week. Stay positive and confident. If you've done it before, you can do it again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”