The Official December 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Post removed...

PoopNpants

Silver

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Post by PoopNpants » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:14 pm

gamerish wrote:
GreekOmega12 wrote:What is everyone doing the last few days before the test? PTs top the end? A few sections a day? Light review? Hard studying?

I ask because I want to go about this the perfect way heading into the test, not being burned out but still being at my maximum potential.
Pretty much the same as I've always done. Taking/took PTs today, Wednesday, Friday, Monday and Wednesday. Drilling and taking timed section in between those days. Doing nothing on the Friday before the test.
Yeah I'm doing pretty much the same, although I'll prolly do a little light review on Friday, definitely get some sleep the night before

davey jones

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by davey jones » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by davey jones on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 pm

gamerish wrote:
flash21 wrote:when you guys blind review LG do you re-print the game out?
Yeah I reprint the whole section and take it again.
Cool. After blind review for only games my score went up 4 points. I felt like pt 73 games was very much a plug and chug style section. anyone else notice this.

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 pm

gamerish wrote:
GreekOmega12 wrote:What is everyone doing the last few days before the test? PTs top the end? A few sections a day? Light review? Hard studying?

I ask because I want to go about this the perfect way heading into the test, not being burned out but still being at my maximum potential.
Pretty much the same as I've always done. Taking/took PTs today, Wednesday, Friday, Monday and Wednesday. Drilling and taking timed section in between those days. Doing nothing on the Friday before the test.
Copying your schedule (minus today). 12 days til we kill this test! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Post removed...

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm

12 days guys!

My prep tests are ranging from 172 - 178 like wtf.

Anyways, what song(s) is everybody going to listen to before the test on Saturday?

Remember the Name - Fort Minor for me.
Last edited by Thelaw23 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slizerd

Gold

Post by slizerd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:12 days guys!

My prep tests are ranging from 172 - 178 like wtf.

Anyways, what song(s) is everybody going to listen to before the test on Friday?

Remember the Name - Fort Minor for me.
good choice :D My pump up song is "Thrash Unreal" by Against Me

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Post removed...

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Just graded my re-take of PT 72, got a 169. Obviously the score is inflated but the last time I took was in September. And this time I was giving myself concrete reasons to choose a correct answer over another. And also gave concrete reasons to eliminate answers. The RC was still terrible.

Still have to grade my fresh take of PT 75!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Monkey D Luffy wrote:
appind wrote:i am reviewing 76 LR1 and don't see how q21 parallel flaw question's credited choice conclusion that is definitive ("will be unable") matches with the the probabilistic conclusion in the stim. it's not surprising that 7sage analytics has 35% for C and 14% for the credited choice.
also not sure how both C and D in q25 about wilke & wilke not do the job asked in the stem.

this lr section really got me.

For q25, I believe D is the correct answer. Answer C actually weakens the argument.
yeah about the credited choice. i have a reason for why it may be better than C, but that's a distinction i have never seen any past question use. so i am not sure.

even though many questions in 76 LR are very subtle, these two really stand out to me. i can kinda see why many in Oct waiters were surprised with the test form. if anyone did 76 recently then post how it went.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:31 pm

beantheshadow wrote:Just graded my re-take of PT 72, got a 169. Obviously the score is inflated but the last time I took was in September. And this time I was giving myself concrete reasons to choose a correct answer over another. And also gave concrete reasons to eliminate answers. The RC was still terrible.

Still have to grade my fresh take of PT 75!

Couldn't hold out and I put it in my score tracker. Scored a 165 on PT 75. I think having that back to back RC killed my reading in this one, totally happy about the games' score.

Reading: ~9
Reasoning: ~8
Games: ~0

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 pm

anyone who got 76.RC.Q3 correct in the oct test or in the fresh timed test conditions must be a near perfect scorer in that section imo.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
i_wish_i_was_smart wrote:I scored 174 today. :D Disappointed by my LG score since I thought it was relatively easy and I finished with 3-4 minutes to spare.

PT 70

LR: -1
RC: -3
LG: -2
Experimental LR (PT 69 Section 4): -1
LR: -1
Just got done with this one also!

LR1 -3
RC -1
LG -1 (rule sub)
LR2 -6 woooooot

exp LR for section 3, -1

I missed 6 of the last 10 in LR2 so yeah, fatigue n stuff. I've taken this test before, but honestly could only remember that I've gotten some of them wrong before. that kinda psyches me out because I'll remember that i've gotten them wrong before and not go with my gut. also my timing was way off after not having done anything for two days.
even though it's very well may not be the case with everybody, it's usually the beginning of burnout for me when i miss many last questions in later sections. switching to drills can be useful in those times. solid scores in lg/rc.

somethingElse

Gold

Post removed...

Post by somethingElse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GreekOmega12

Bronze

Post by GreekOmega12 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:47 pm

somethingelse55 wrote:
appind wrote:
Monkey D Luffy wrote:
appind wrote:i am reviewing 76 LR1
[+] Spoiler
You are overanalyzing number 21. It is a composition fallacy. Just because one disease by itself didn't cause all of the species to die out, why couldn't the many diseases put together? One disease could have caused 10 of the species to die out, another disease another 15 species, etc until you get to 55.

For parallel flaw questions the arguments do not need to match up 100%, they just need to commit the same logical fallacy. Answer choice B makes the exact same fallacy. Just because neither of the people can fix both doors and windows doesn't mean that one of them couldn't fix the door and the other the window. Same exact flaw.

C is IMO a decent argument but probably still flawed. The flaw with it could be that just because they couldn't agree on a restaurant in the immediate vicinity doesn't mean they couldn't agree on a restaurant that is further away, but even then its not the same flaw. Another flaw with it could be that it assumes they all have to agree on a restaurant in order to go to one, but since the conclusion is only "probably" neither of these are really big flaws and I think one could argue its a relatively valid argument.

What I'm guessing tripped people up with C is this: So in the stim its saying that 55 species died out and no single disease could wipe out all 55. If you try and stretch C to seem like that, then the 5 restaurants correspond to the 55 species and the 3 people correspond to the disease(s). But what C then says is that ALL THREE of them combined couldn't agree on a SINGLE restaurant to go to. Its not the same type of argument for that reason. To compare it, it would be like if the stim said "So ALL 55 of the diseases combined would not be able to wipe out a SINGLE species." M Way different argument.

As for 25, there are two issues with C that make it a worse answer choice than D. 1 is that C is talking about shows last YEAR while D (and the stim) is talking about shows last SEASON. Those are two different time frames. 2 (and more importantly) is that C is talking about shows overall, whereas D (and the stim) are talking about NEW shows. That is a huge difference - they could have some great shows that have been running for a while that didn't get cancelled, but the stim is only concerned with their new shows. Furthermore, even if you don't like those reasons for dismissing C, D is just clearly a much stronger answer choice. It connects the premise (their new shows are police dramas) with the conclusion (most of their new shows will prob be cancelled). The gap in the reasoning is that what if Wilke and Wilke are super good at making police dramas? D erases that possibility by telling you that they suck at police dramas too. Whereas C doesn't really tell you that much. Even if you overlook the subtleties, all C is saying is that out of their good shows, none of them were police dramas. That is a pretty weak statement, we still don't know what their bad shows were or even what their good ones were. We also don't know if they've ever tried to make a police drama before based on C. It still leaves open the possibility that they could be good at making police dramas and that they've just never tried before. Therefore it would be hard to predict if their new shows (which are all police dramas) are going to be cancelled or not.
[+] Spoiler
My apologies if I am out of place but q25 on LR1 stood out to me really easily in that is was A. If you produce more shows that get canceled then more of your shows will get cancelled.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:48 pm

appind wrote:
Monkey D Luffy wrote:
appind wrote:i am reviewing 76 LR1 and don't see how q21 parallel flaw question's credited choice conclusion that is definitive ("will be unable") matches with the the probabilistic conclusion in the stim. it's not surprising that 7sage analytics has 35% for C and 14% for the credited choice.
also not sure how both C and D in q25 about wilke & wilke not do the job asked in the stem.

For q25, I believe D is the correct answer. Answer C actually weakens the argument.
yeah about the credited choice. i have a reason for why it may be better than C, but that's a distinction i have never seen any past question use. so i am not sure.

even though many questions in 76 LR are very subtle, these two really stand out to me. i can kinda see why many in Oct waiters were surprised with the test form. if anyone did 76 recently then post how it went.

I left 70+ tests for these final two weeks before the real thing. Are the most recent tests really out of the ballpark in their LR difficulty that it could ruin my confidence before the test, you think? LR is sort of my forte.

If yeah I think I should take 76/75 now and build up my confidence before the test...

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:49 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:New poll, only lets me put 10 options, tried to do it the best I could haha wanted to include some groups and individuals.
This may make me sound retarded but what is CCNP?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”