LSAT Study Schedule

Utterson

LSAT Study Schedule

Postby Utterson » Thu May 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Hey guys,

This might be overkill, but I already started preparing for the December LSAT. My study schedule has been 2 hours per day each week night, Saturdays off, and 5 hours on Sundays. Does this sound reasonable? I am just trying very hard to abide to this schedule, as my full time job eats up most of my time. Please let me know your thoughts and your own schedules on a weekly basis.

Thanks

TasmanianToucan

Re: LSAT Study Schedule

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 4:00 pm

I would burn out so hard, but that's just me. That might be reasonable in the last couple/few months, but this far out?

I'm sure plenty of posters will disagree, but that's my 2c

Utterson

Postby Utterson » Thu May 28, 2015 4:05 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:I would burn out so hard, but that's just me. That might be reasonable in the last couple/few months, but this far out?

I'm sure plenty of posters will disagree, but that's my 2c

I know what you mean haha but I am hell bent on getting into C or Y. If I don't get in, it will not be due to a lack of LSAT prep. I will master this exam no matter what.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu May 28, 2015 4:56 pm

People with full time jobs have done well on the LSAT doing both more and less than what you have planned.

I would remove one of your mid-week study sessions - Wednesday probably - to recharge your brain.

I did much better on the LSAT when I didn't eat, sleep and breathe it. LSAT success isn't just a matter of how many hours you put in. So be very careful and don't burn yourself out. This study schedule would burn me out if done until December.

Think about doing one hour in the morning before work and one hour after work. That would probably be better than two hours after work. Otherwise you'll get home, study, eat dinner, go to bed. That could lead to insanity if done until December.

Edit: my schedule

I studied with a full-time job and as a student. For the former I did an hour or two at work, and an hour at home. I did PTs on the weekend. As a student I studied more than 30 hours/wk, which sucked.

Deputy Downer

Postby Deputy Downer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Utterson wrote: 2 hours per day each week night, Saturdays off, and 5 hours on Sundays.

Oof. If you can keep that up and it works for you, good on you. I'm also working full time, planning on the October LSAT- and with your schedule, I'd be worried about burning out well before that. Maybe ease into it in phases? That's what I'm thinking of doing.

Since you have the better part of they year to prepare, maybe something like this:

Phase 1, June - August
1 hour each day on 4 weekdays, 1 practice test every other Sunday. 1 week night off, Saturday off

Phase 2, September - October
1 to 2 hours each day on 4 weekdays, 1 practice test each Sunday (2 on one day or 1 on each day). 1 week night off, Saturday off.

Phase 3, November - LSAT
2 hours each day on weekdays, 1 practice test Saturday, 2 practice tests Sunday

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do. If you want to marathon it, go for it- just be sure to take care of yourself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”