Just Starting Out, What is the best study guide?

Shcamz

Just Starting Out, What is the best study guide?

Postby Shcamz » Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 am

Hey guys, I just finished my Sophomore year of UG at a Big Ten and decided to start studying for the October LSAT or possibly the February LSAT. I've been lurking these forums and have scrolled through TLC1776's thoughts on preparing for the test and I found it very informative. However, he didn't have an "exact" study guide. I have also gone through Pithy Pike's study guide and it seems very well constructed, but somewhat outdated (7 years).

My question(s) become..
what study guides did you guys use, if any?

If you have used Pithy Pike's study guide, which LG sections do I make 3 copies of?

I have bought all three PowerScore Bibles, workbooks, and the "The Next 10", "10 New Actual", and "10 Actual" PT series. I am thinking of ordering the "10 More" edition (PTs 19-28) and "The Official LSAT SuperPrep" as well. Does anybody have a solid guide to using these materials to study? Should I just follow PowerScore's study guide through their website?

I'm trying to aim for a 165+ and TLS has already helped me immensely.

Thanks in advance. Here's to 4, possibly 8 months of studying my butt off to achieve my desired goal! :lol:

LawsRUs

Re: Just Starting Out, What is the best study guide?

Postby LawsRUs » Tue May 26, 2015 11:32 am

My recommendation is starting with the Trainer, then or at the same time doing the Manhattan guides and the Bibles. Then you would need to drill with the Cambridge packets (also referring to 7sage for LG). Only then doing the PTs with the 10 series. GL

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Tue May 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Pithypike.

Make 3 copies each of games from PT's 1-38.

Shcamz

Postby Shcamz » Tue May 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks guys. Do you think I should take a course as well?

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Tue May 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Shcamz wrote:Thanks guys. Do you think I should take a course as well?

Hey. So it depends on whether you study better in a group setting with an instructor and whether you have the money. If neither applies to you, I would consider self-studying; LSAT is a learnable test without a course.

Shcamz

Postby Shcamz » Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 pm

LawsRUs wrote:
Shcamz wrote:Thanks guys. Do you think I should take a course as well?

Hey. So it depends on whether you study better in a group setting with an instructor and whether you have the money. If neither applies to you, I would consider self-studying; LSAT is a learnable test without a course.

Appreciate the help, I am going to try to self study first. If I feel prepared for the exam come October I'll take it then. If not, maybe I'll try a course over winter break and take the February test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”