Study Materials - what else is a must?

Runner1218

Study Materials - what else is a must?

Postby Runner1218 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Some background: I took a cold LSAT (it was either prep test 36 or June 2007, I don't remember it was 4 years ago) and scored a 149. I got approximately -18 on LG, -22 on both LR sections, but just -4 on RC. Since then I have graduated college and have signed up for the October LSAT. I am absolutely terrible with logic games, so have planned to improve on them by reviewing the books below.

I have (or have ordered( the following books:

Logic Games Bible
Logical Reasoning Bible
SuperPrep
Logic Made Easy by Deborah Bennett
The Big Fat Genius Guide to LSAT Logic Games
Manhattan LSAT books (RC, LG, LR)
I have prep tests 1-65 with full explanations on pdf.

Should I get any additional books since I wish to pursue a high score? i was considering getting the Cambridge Paperback package (at around $320) because all the games are arranged by type from 1-38 and full tests from 40-70?

Please help a noobie :) :D
Last edited by Runner1218 on Fri May 22, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giantswan

Re: Study Materials - what else is a must?

Postby giantswan » Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 pm

To be honest this seems to be a bit overkill right now. Reading four different books about logic games seems like it would be more confusing than helpful. Personally I'd recommend sticking with either PowerScore or Manhattan books, but not both. Maybe if you go through the PowerScore books and still aren't where you'd like to be you should revisit the idea of trying Manhattan, but to me it doesn't make sense to do both at the same time.

I would say to start with the SuperPrep, PowerScore books, and PrepTests. Once you work through the books you have you should see where you are before using anything else.

Clarity

Re: Study Materials - what else is a must?

Postby Clarity » Fri May 22, 2015 11:07 pm

You don't have to buy all the stuff at once. Unless you have to otherwise you will spend the money. There are new editions of books, sales, and stuff that may happen throughout your LSAT Prep. I know I bought the 10 individual PTs that were the latest ones since a new 10 Actual Book had not come out in forever...then the new 10 Actual Book came out. So I would just hold off on buying things until you need it. You could also read the Manhattan LG and then not need another book to master LG. So I would hold off on buying those kind of books as well.

I personally like Manhattan over Powerscore. I don't think you really lose with either though. If you have the full PTs then there is no need to buy the Cambridge packages unless you really want to. There are lists that you can find online that identify the question types in each of the LSATs. So If you want to use PTs from 1-30 to do drilling then you could arrange them by question type rather than spending $320.

Example of a list for LR: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/lsat-logical-reasoning-spreadsheet.html

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”