Recent PT. Worth it?

sglassman

Recent PT. Worth it?

Postby sglassman » Wed May 20, 2015 1:52 pm

For anyone who has taken the most recent practice tests - I have all tests up through 2013. Any significant changes in 2014/15? I'm not planning on taking those unless they're really worth getting...

ManoftheHour

Re: Recent PT. Worth it?

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed May 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Get them if you're out of material. I would probably get them and do them regardless unless you're really strapped for money.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm

sglassman wrote:For anyone who has taken the most recent practice tests - I have all tests up through 2013. Any significant changes in 2014/15? I'm not planning on taking those unless they're really worth getting...

The June 2014 LSAT LG section is worth looking at since LSAC resurrected pattern games in it with game#4. That game destroyed many test takers last year since they weren't prepared for how to recognize and deal with pattern games.

The last disclosed LSAT prior to then that contained a pattern game was administered in 2000 (Feb 2000, Super Prep PT C) and the other rare pattern games that have appeared in LSAT history were administered in old PTs from the 1990's. That long period of time in LSAT history where no pattern games appeared lead many people (including some prep companies) to mistakenly conclude that pattern games were extinct, wouldn't appear again, and therefore weren't worth spending much prep time studying/learning about.

Other than that, there's nothing unusual or significantly different about the disclosed 2014 LSATs compared to ones from the prior few years.

However, on the non-disclosed February 2014 LSAT LSAC also resurrected another rare old oddball game type, circular sequencing. Prior to then the last known/disclosed LSAT with a circular sequencing game was the October 2003 test. There are only two other published/disclosed circular sequencing games that have appeared in modern LSAT history since 1991, one from 1991 and the other from February 1999 (Super Prep PT B). Same as with the June pattern game, many people got crushed/caught off guard by the February circular sequencing game since many people had also incorrectly concluded that circular sequencing games were extinct/wouldn't appear again and didn't give much prep time and attention to the three available circular sequencing games.

In short, in 2014 LSAC 'brought back the funk' by resurrecting and administering two old rare logic game types that many people weren't expecting and consequently weren't prepared for.

Runner1218

Postby Runner1218 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Jeffort wrote:
sglassman wrote:For anyone who has taken the most recent practice tests - I have all tests up through 2013. Any significant changes in 2014/15? I'm not planning on taking those unless they're really worth getting...

The June 2014 LSAT LG section is worth looking at since LSAC resurrected pattern games in it with game#4. That game destroyed many test takers last year since they weren't prepared for how to recognize and deal with pattern games.

The last disclosed LSAT prior to then that contained a pattern game was administered in 2000 (Feb 2000, Super Prep PT C) and the other rare pattern games that have appeared in LSAT history were administered in old PTs from the 1990's. That long period of time in LSAT history where no pattern games appeared lead many people (including some prep companies) to mistakenly conclude that pattern games were extinct, wouldn't appear again, and therefore weren't worth spending much prep time studying/learning about.

Other than that, there's nothing unusual or significantly different about the disclosed 2014 LSATs compared to ones from the prior few years.

However, on the non-disclosed February 2014 LSAT LSAC also resurrected another rare old oddball game type, circular sequencing. Prior to then the last known/disclosed LSAT with a circular sequencing game was the October 2003 test. There are only two other published/disclosed circular sequencing games that have appeared in modern LSAT history since 1991, one from 1991 and the other from February 1999 (Super Prep PT B). Same as with the June pattern game, many people got crushed/caught off guard by the February circular sequencing game since many people had also incorrectly concluded that circular sequencing games were extinct/wouldn't appear again and didn't give much prep time and attention to the three available circular sequencing games.

In short, in 2014 LSAC 'brought back the funk' by resurrecting and administering two old rare logic game types that many people weren't expecting and consequently weren't prepared for.

Great post.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Fri May 22, 2015 10:41 am

Post removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”