Took PT 67, first full PT since my retake, need advice please.

flash21

Took PT 67, first full PT since my retake, need advice please.

Postby flash21 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey guys,

So I took my first full pt since my take in December (157 actual score, pting around 160-162). Got a 159. This ia fresh PT for me. Timed, bubble sheet.

Breakdown:

RC : -10
LR: -3
LR: -6
LG: - 8

Just graduated undergrad, studied a week or two before taking this PT after not looking at anything LSAT related for about 4 months.

Not sure what to do about LG honestly. Its such a shit show, its either I miss about 2-4, or I just bomb it hard. I went -8 on my real LSAT too. This PT I had an epic meltdown at the first game for some reason, spend too much time on it and felt super pressured for the other ones. The zoning game was very hard also.

RC, something I need to work on. Will continue to drill. Pretty sure I got -11 for my 157 score, so at the least I've been consistently shitty at RC. Going to drill cambridge / to full sections + review for it, but feels so hopeless for some reason. WIthin the first 9 questions of RC, I missed 6 of those.

Games and RC also felt very uncomfortable time wise, especially RC. RC felt very hard here, not sure if this RC sect is supposed to be tough or not. Got killed though.

LR is my only saving grace - the worst I can remember doing since studying even for my other take is -6, working on reducing this also though, felt comfortable for time. Finding out the part of the arguments role I'm finding is super tough, finding disagrements is hard and paralell flaw is hard. WIll be drilling those in the upcoming week.

Anyway, I'm just not sure what to do for games and RC, they feel so hopeless for me, I've done the fool proof method but I still just get owned sometimes. I read back over the trainer sections on them and plan on doing so again, but I'm just feeling really hopeless with those two sections. Games in retrospect when I blind review is always the easiest section.

I'm not really sure if its a matter of I just need to study them or what. I feel like I should be good at games by now, I've done countless games, its really frustrating. I don't even know what the point of this post was, just so frustrated. Help please.. !

whacka

Re: Took PT 67, first full PT since my retake, need advice please.

Postby whacka » Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Last edited by whacka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gentlemanscholar

Postby gentlemanscholar » Tue May 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Just keep taking tests, and make sure you review the questions you miss after each test. Its not unusual for people to go through 60 plus PTs.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:52 am

Hey, I'm not really sure what I'm bad at for games. I feel pretty solid with a lot of them - its the games that have a weird twist that really screw me up.

Here are some examples of games section that overall I did poorly on:

Feb 1996, feb lsat (pt 30ish), and pt 67s section also went very poorly. For example, game 1 on this set (67's) took me such a long time I ended up losing points on games 2-3 that were easier since there was a bit of a twist on this game. I think I overall went -3 on the zones game.

Conversely, I did pretty good on 39-50's logic games sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”