How representative of the LSAT are these questions? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ytg4

New

How representative of the LSAT are these questions?

Post by ytg4 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Just exploratory at this point and not actively studying or really strongly considering law school. More of a "I wonder if law school would maybe possibly be a good fit in a few years" type of thing.

Are these decent questions or are they way easier than the real thing?
http://www.4tests.com/lsat

I ask because I just got 95% of them right with zero prep which seems wrong..

Are these a good indicator of whether I'd be cut out for the LSAT and law school?

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Re: How representative of the LSAT are these questions?

Post by Clyde Frog » Sun May 17, 2015 3:23 pm

ytg4 wrote:Just exploratory at this point and not actively studying or really strongly considering law school. More of a "I wonder if law school would maybe possibly be a good fit in a few years" type of thing.

Are these decent questions or are they way easier than the real thing?
http://www.4tests.com/lsat

I ask because I just got 95% of them right with zero prep which seems wrong..

Are these a good indicator of whether I'd be cut out for the LSAT and law school?
If only LSAC had a free test out there somewhere that is available to everyone...

BlindGuyMcSqueezy

New

Post by BlindGuyMcSqueezy » Sun May 17, 2015 3:52 pm

OP, in case you didn't realize, Clyde was being sarcastic. Here's the free LSAT preptest: http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source ... ptjune.pdf (LSAC site might be down for maintenance right now, but you can try again later)

ytg4

New

Post by ytg4 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Noticed the sarcasm (no hard feelings :)) - but I tried searching and couldn't get the website to load. Looks like it's working now, thanks.

However, original question still stands as I'm not going to get around to doing a full practice test this week and I dedicated a good portion of my afternoon to doing the questions on that website. I'd just searched LSAT sample problems and that was the first working link.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun May 17, 2015 5:37 pm

There are more than 7500 real previous lsat questions out there, no need to use fake questions.

BlindGuyMcSqueezy

New

Post by BlindGuyMcSqueezy » Sun May 17, 2015 6:35 pm

4test gets their questions from Barron's I believe, and Barron's is not widely accepted on TLS as far as I know. In general, fake questions are never a good substitute for the real thing. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 4test times your answers. That makes a HUGE difference. Of course, it's very possible that you do have the head for LSAT questions, but 4test questions are by no means directly indicative of that ability. You should try to take the June 2007 LSAT when you have some time to spare, preferably print it out and take it under simulated test conditions. Until then, try to hold off making predictions of your abilities. HTH

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”