test centers missing for Oct test?

appind

test centers missing for Oct test?

Postby appind » Sat May 16, 2015 11:23 am

anyone find that various regular Oct test centers are missing now that October/Dec 2015 registration is open?

Santa Clara university has been a regular test center but is not in the list.

BasilHallward

Re: test centers missing for Oct test?

Postby BasilHallward » Sat May 16, 2015 11:49 am

I'm from Texas, so I cannot speak to your geography, but it is quite common for testing centers to be changed/rotated all the time. The centers are not static.

appind

Postby appind » Sat May 16, 2015 11:57 am

it's not common imo. all tests except june occur at so called regular test centers. the new regular center list omits many regular ones.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/testing-locations/regular

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat May 16, 2015 5:43 pm

appind wrote:it's not common imo. all tests except june occur at so called regular test centers. the new regular center list omits many regular ones.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/testing-locations/regular

The smaller amount of regular test centers for this testing year is probably due at least in part to the significant declines in the volume of test takers that's been occurring over the last 4-5 years. I'm guessing a bit, but LSAC probably cut out some test centers this cycle in geographic areas that showed the most significant declines in test taker volume/registrant demand over the last year or two or more. You are correct that historically LSAC hasn't commonly or frequently changed/rotated which test centers they regularly use/list as regular test centers from year to year.

Having fewer regular test centers this cycle compared to previous cycles would be a common sense LSAC reaction to adapt to what they're calling 'The new normal' regarding the lower test taker volume/demand to take the test and the corresponding decline in volume of LS applicants.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”