Semi-Raw Score Results. Study Plan help needed

AlexandraHope

Semi-Raw Score Results. Study Plan help needed

Postby AlexandraHope » Fri May 15, 2015 2:56 am

As some of you guys may or may not know, I made a thread a couple of months back asking for help with developing a study plan in preparation for the October LSAT. However- because I did not have the break down of the number correct/missed, the thread was of little use. I just took another practice test cold through my school's website and here are my results. Hopefully, I can get more help this time around. I'm shooting for somewhere in the 170s.

Number of Questions Total:99
Number Correct (Raw Score):72
Number Incorrect: 27

Analytical Reasoning Total Number of Questions: 23
Number of Questions Correct:6
Number Incorrect:17

Logical Reasoning Total Number of Questions: 49
Number Correct :40
Number Incorrect: 9

Reading Comprehension Total Number of Questions: 27
Number Correct: 26
Number Incorrect:1

According to the scale that puts me somewhere in the 155-164 range, scaled.

Being that I believe this was an unofficial version practice test, I'm unsure of how closely correlated my results would be toto an "official version" of the LSAT test.

**Disclaimer** Called it a semi-raw score because I am somewhat familiar with the layout of the LSAT since I have taken a PT before.

Obviously I should focus on LGs the most and I have the PSB for that and will order the workbook soon. Is there a cheap and good study book for the Logical Reasoning ? Obviously I want to spend the bulk of my money on practice tests. Reading Comprehension I'll just have to take my time since I'm pretty confident there.

giantswan

Re: Semi-Raw Score Results. Study Plan help needed

Postby giantswan » Fri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm

I used the Logical Reasoning Bible and found it fairly helpful.

For the logical reasoning questions I recommend taking a few more tests and trying to figure out if there's a pattern to the ones you are missing. If you upload your test answers to the 7Sage LSAT Analytics tool (free account) then they help you do that.

Also make sure after every test you go over the questions you missed until you understand why the answer is what it is. Meaning that you are aware of why the correct answer choice works and why each of the wrong answer choices do not work.

AlexandraHope

Postby AlexandraHope » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 am

giantswan wrote:I used the Logical Reasoning Bible and found it fairly helpful.

For the logical reasoning questions I recommend taking a few more tests and trying to figure out if there's a pattern to the ones you are missing. If you upload your test answers to the 7Sage LSAT Analytics tool (free account) then they help you do that.

Also make sure after every test you go over the questions you missed until you understand why the answer is what it is. Meaning that you are aware of why the correct answer choice works and why each of the wrong answer choices do not work.

Thank-you! I'm about to do another test to see if I can find a pattern :)

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 am

It looks like you NEED to focus on the games. It is natural for people to struggle with this at first. Get a Games Bible and start diagramming now. I f you wish to take October, don't delay. You have strong fundamentals in the other two sections.

AlexandraHope

Postby AlexandraHope » Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 pm

BasilHallward wrote:It looks like you NEED to focus on the games. It is natural for people to struggle with this at first. Get a Games Bible and start diagramming now. I f you wish to take October, don't delay. You have strong fundamentals in the other two sections.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”