Starting the Journey(My Study thread)

Secretjuly

Starting the Journey(My Study thread)

Postby Secretjuly » Thu May 14, 2015 6:12 pm

This week I started my LSAT journey with a goal to get a 170 when I sit for the exam in October.
I did not get an internship+I'm working not as many hours as last summer so I have more time to commit to studying. Hopefully it all pays off 8)

I have the Following material to study from
Manhattan LSAT (LR,LG,RC)
The LSAT Trainer
Powerscore LG bible

Then I have the Cambridge Packet Endurance Bundle. (The one with 5 section tests)

Right now, my studying is following the 16 LSAT trainer schedule. Found here(http://www.thelsattrainer.com/assets/16 ... s52-71.pdf)

I started earlier this week and finished the earlier lessons up. Today I took practice exam 62 as my diagnostic.

I graded it with the Manhattan LSAT tracker and I scored a 156, which I hope is a manageable starting point.

Here is my breakdown

First section was the experimental(RC from PT3) and it was RC. I scored a 2x out of 28 (I wished this one counted haha)
2nd section was RC and I got -8 out of 27
3rd section was LR and I got -9 out of 26
4th was LG and I got -14 out of 23
5th was LR and I got -5 out of 26

Any ideas on how I should review PT's?

Ending notes
Nothing got me more frustrated than the games, I ended up not even answering a good portion of them because I ran out of time/ had no clue had to answer them. I ended up skipping the second game and going to the third. Time was called before I even got to the 4th.

I like writing about my journey because it helps me stick to my goals, and it is a nice way to relax after taking a PT.

If anyone has any advice on how to incorporate the Manhattan books+LG bible into my study schedule I would appreciate it as well.
Last edited by Secretjuly on Thu May 14, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RZ5646

Re: Starting the Journey(My Study thread)

Postby RZ5646 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:28 pm

The accepted means of describing section performance is "-x", where x = the number you got wrong.

Secretjuly

Postby Secretjuly » Thu May 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Edit* Thanks for the advice, its helpful. Do I also put the amount of questions in the section or just do the -x

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Secretjuly wrote:Edit* Thanks for the advice, its helpful. Do I also put the amount of questions in the section or just do the -x

You usually leave that out. The number of questions in a section doesn't vary enough to make that important.

Secretjuly

Postby Secretjuly » Fri May 15, 2015 11:42 am

Awesome! these are gonna be so helpful. Thanks bruh

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”