Have all materials, need help with scheduling (For OCT '15)

DoYouEvenTLS

Have all materials, need help with scheduling (For OCT '15)

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Tue May 12, 2015 1:11 am

Started studying this morning for OCT 2015 LSAT.
I have the LSAT Trainer, all 3 Powerscore bibles, and the ultimate Cambridge bundle.

My problem is that I don't really know how to use them cohesively. Additionally, I guess another problem I have is scheduling. Any tips?
Fwiw, I've had the bibles since last summer and read a few chapters of each...I found their contents to be much more easier to understand for beginners like myself than the LSAT trainer. Anybody else feel the same way?
What's the single-most effective way to use all 3 materials?

Thank you in advance

DepressedWorkerBee

Re: Have all materials, need help with scheduling (For OCT '15)

Postby DepressedWorkerBee » Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Same haha. If you figure it out let me know.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 am

DepressedWorkerBee wrote:Same haha. If you figure it out let me know.

Haha
Albeit somewhat tentative, this is my plan: go through (and try to master) each section first (LR -> LG -> RC), then move on to PTs at some point in the future.
I decided to start with LR. I go through the LSAT trainer first (focusing only on LR lessons, roughly 2 lessons at a time), then move on to LR Bible, then drill with the packets.

Monkey D Luffy

Postby Monkey D Luffy » Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 am

i'm on the same boat as you haha. on my second week of studying lol. LR, too, is my worse section.

i read the powerscore lr bible and lsat trainer already. i thought the LR bible was garbage. the lsat trainer is definitely more informative than the bible.

i'm currently reading the manhattan LR book and doing some drilling with the packets simultaneously.

hoping to get a 170+ :).

DepressedWorkerBee

Postby DepressedWorkerBee » Tue May 19, 2015 10:56 am

I took the LSAT a few years back (Junior year of college) and after a year of the real world have decided "business" isn't for me lol.

LG is by far my weakest section, so I'm just working through the bible and working on the Cambridge packets (with 7sage reviews). Planning on the October year so I've got plenty of time.

What's the trainer all about? Is it just an intro to the LSAT(don't need that) or is it more a comprehensive study plan(need need need that)?

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Monkey D Luffy wrote:i'm on the same boat as you haha. on my second week of studying lol. LR, too, is my worse section.

i read the powerscore lr bible and lsat trainer already. i thought the LR bible was garbage. the lsat trainer is definitely more informative than the bible.

i'm currently reading the manhattan LR book and doing some drilling with the packets simultaneously.

I've found the trainer to be a bit more informative as well.

Hoping to get a 170+?......... well aren't we all ?! :lol:

scalawag

Postby scalawag » Wed May 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Monkey D Luffy wrote:i'm on the same boat as you haha. on my second week of studying lol. LR, too, is my worse section.

Hey man - I found the LR bible to be bad in some respects. I was playing poker once and this kid was all about reading books and getting better so I read a book that was written by the guy who beat the guy who wrote the book he read. And he put me all in on a Queen high flush when the Ace was on the board and I held the king. After I took his money he taunted me and said - "did you read a book or something" and I was like "yea I read the book that was written by the guy who beat the guy who wrote your book, bitch". I mean that didn't happen but if it did I kind of feel like that is what this would be like.

How does the LSAT trainer compare to the Manhattan book? I'm aiming for the same score as you - just broke 160 today - and taking for the first time in October. I was going to delve into that mainly for reading comprehension but if you think it should/could be added now before I drill question types let me know.

I'll be back in a day or two - thanks.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 pm

scalawag wrote:

Hey man - I found the LR bible to be bad in some respects. I was playing poker once and this kid was all about reading books and getting better so I read a book that was written by the guy who beat the guy who wrote the book he read. And he put me all in on a Queen high flush when the Ace was on the board and I held the king. After I took his money he taunted me and said - "did you read a book or something" and I was like "yea I read the book that was written by the guy who beat the guy who wrote your book, bitch". I mean that didn't happen but if it did I kind of feel like that is what this would be like.

How does the LSAT trainer compare to the Manhattan book? I'm aiming for the same score as you - just broke 160 today - and taking for the first time in October. I was going to delve into that mainly for reading comprehension but if you think it should/could be added now before I drill question types let me know.

I'll be back in a day or two - thanks.

LSAT Trainer is written by the same guy who started Manhattan. They're both very good books.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Fri May 22, 2015 10:55 am

Post removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”