Post removed.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UpandDown97

Re: Tips on slowing down

Postby UpandDown97 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 pm

basedvulpes wrote:I've reached a point where I typically have a few minutes left over in each section, and depending on the difficulty of the section I sometimes find myself with as much as 10 minutes left over. I find I have the most time left over on LG and LR, but I'm usually cutting it closer on RC. This would be great if I was getting perfect scores, but I'm currently consistently scoring between 170 - 172 on full tests. I think I could reasonably gain a few more points if I spend that extra time on the questions I get wrong. However, I'm worried that if I'm too deliberate about it that I'll slow down too much overall, rather than on just the questions that need it.

To anyone who has encountered this problem before, do you have any tricks on forcing yourself to slow down?

Why not just finish at your normal speed, then go back and review a few questions you felt iffy about? Don't second guess yourself too much since you were probably right the first time. But, if there was a question you charted and you're unsure about, that might be a good one to review.

appind

Postby appind » Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 pm

basedvulpes wrote:I've reached a point where I typically have a few minutes left over in each section, and depending on the difficulty of the section I sometimes find myself with as much as 10 minutes left over. I find I have the most time left over on LG and LR, but I'm usually cutting it closer on RC. This would be great if I was getting perfect scores, but I'm currently consistently scoring between 170 - 172 on full tests. I think I could reasonably gain a few more points if I spend that extra time on the questions I get wrong. However, I'm worried that if I'm too deliberate about it that I'll slow down too much overall, rather than on just the questions that need it.

To anyone who has encountered this problem before, do you have any tricks on forcing yourself to slow down?

find it hard to see how one can't be able to control oneself to slow down if you're finishing a section with 10 mins to spare. speeding up is hard to do but with 10 minutes remaining why is slowing down hard on the questions you feel you're not confident

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Wed May 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Thu May 07, 2015 8:39 am

basedvulpes wrote:Maybe I should start moving more towards trusting my internal clock and only looking at my watch halfway through, or something like that.

I think you kind of answered the questions there. Try finishing a PT without looking at your watch and looking at it at the end of each section. There are a lot of people who talk about this topic. If you are PT-ing that high, I think it's okay if you're finishing LG with a lot of spare time. People have different strategies on how they take the test: Yours might be finishing quickly, then going back on a couple of questions that you hopefully marked and double-checking them.

I don't think you "need" to force yourself to slow down if this strategy works for you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”