Best LG Book

ngogirl12

Best LG Book

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi,

I am beginning my prep for the October LSAT. I have been reading around this forum and the 7Sage one regarding different prep alternatives. I initially bought the Manhattan LR and RC books, and the PS LG Bible. I am happy with my prep thusfar, but am nervous about the LG Bible. I have been hearing a lot of people say bad things about the LG Bible.

Do you think it is a good starting point for approaching the LG? I looked at the Manhattan LG book, but I didn't like some of their approaches to the Games. If there is a better source or book for the LG, could you inform me?

I have been reading conflicting things: 7Sage, Velocity etc. I just want a good book for the LG to use as a starting point.

RZ5646

Re: Best LG Book

Postby RZ5646 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Bible + free 7sage videos + a ton of drilling

I started out missing almost 50% of LG questions and I'm confident that combination will get me to a consistent -0

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 pm

RZ5646 wrote:[Powerscore] Bible + free 7sage videos + a ton of drilling

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:15 pm

By drilling, do you mean taking a logic game and practicing it several times (timed or untimed)?

Or do you mean doing a logic game type and then practicing a bunch of games organized by that type?

I also have the Cambrige LG bundles book (volumes 1-3). I'm thinking of starting with the LG Bible and then moving on to the bundles by type..

Advice please!!!

dwyf

Postby dwyf » Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Mcgraw hill's conquering lsat games took me from -6 to -0. http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-Conq ... 0071717889

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Wed May 06, 2015 1:37 pm

dwyf wrote:Mcgraw hill's conquering lsat games took me from -6 to -0. http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-Conq ... 0071717889

not doubting your story, but this is a terrible book and no one should by it. starting at -6 is very very good, and I'd guess that what took you to -0 was more your own intellect than the book; lots of people are starting at -15 or so. There is no "best" book, but LSAT Trainer and Blueprint LG are both very good, as is powerscore.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed May 06, 2015 1:48 pm

dwyf wrote:Mcgraw hill's conquering lsat games took me from -6 to -0. http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-Conq ... 0071717889

wtf

ohhsusannah

Postby ohhsusannah » Wed May 06, 2015 1:56 pm

I used the LG Bible and it did not work for me. I was getting perfect or near perfect scores on LR RC from the beginning, but bombing LG to the point of literally missing nothing on LR and LC sections on practice tests and still getting 165s because of LG. The Bible did little to remedy this, I just couldn't make their methods into habits that I could access quickly and almost without thinking, which I think is necessary to conquering LG.

I found a lesser known (I guess) book called The LSAT Trainer that really clicked for me and brought my score up to 175. I loved the LSAT Trainer, it was like I found someone speaking my language. That said I really think you have to try a few things, just because it clicks for another person doesn't mean it will click for you.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:By drilling, do you mean taking a logic game and practicing it several times (timed or untimed)?

Or do you mean doing a logic game type and then practicing a bunch of games organized by that type?

I also have the Cambrige LG bundles book (volumes 1-3). I'm thinking of starting with the LG Bible and then moving on to the bundles by type..

Advice please!!!

The latter. I loved the Cambridge packets. I'd use the Bible and then move onto the packets.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

ohhsusannah wrote:I used the LG Bible and it did not work for me. I was getting perfect or near perfect scores on LR RC from the beginning, but bombing LG to the point of literally missing nothing on LR and LC sections on practice tests and still getting 165s because of LG. The Bible did little to remedy this, I just couldn't make their methods into habits that I could access quickly and almost without thinking, which I think is necessary to conquering LG.

I found a lesser known (I guess) book called The LSAT Trainer that really clicked for me and brought my score up to 175. I loved the LSAT Trainer, it was like I found someone speaking my language. That said I really think you have to try a few things, just because it clicks for another person doesn't mean it will click for you.

Lsat trainer does everything well

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:42 am

Question: I did June 2007 as my diagnostic test and was unable to understand the third game until I went through an explanation following my review of the test. It turned out I made an error on a key inference in the game which cost me on questions (-3). Do you suggest I drill this game or try it one more time, now that I understand the inference?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”