PT 35 Game 1

ltowns1

PT 35 Game 1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:09 pm

I was really confused by a part of this game. Am I wrong for assuming there needed to be something in the instructions that distinguished these variables as NOT separate. At first I thought the groups were separate, but they were connected. For example, if you put F in one group, then you had to put F in wherever it was in the other sub groups. I felt like there should have been something stating that more clearly, am I wrong??

Christine (MLSAT)

Re: PT 35 Game 1

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Hey ltowns1 -

I'm a little confused by what you're saying. Do you mean that you thought the the F-that-was-experienced was not the same element as the F-that-was-a-geologist?

If that's the case, there are a few signals pointing you in the right direction. First, if they refer to F twice, I'd bet my life it's the same element, unless they SUPER CLEARLY indicate that there could be more than one F. Second, they state in the first sentence that there are 8 candidates - if there were two of each letter, there would be 16 candidates! Third, remember, "F" is like someone's name - if you were to say "Bob is a builder." and shortly after say "Bob is a ninja." - it would not be reasonable for me to assume that you're talking about two different guys named Bob.

What do you think?

ltowns1

Re: PT 35 Game 1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:Hey ltowns1 -

I'm a little confused by what you're saying. Do you mean that you thought the the F-that-was-experienced was not the same element as the F-that-was-a-geologist?

If that's the case, there are a few signals pointing you in the right direction. First, if they refer to F twice, I'd bet my life it's the same element, unless they SUPER CLEARLY indicate that there could be more than one F. Second, they state in the first sentence that there are 8 candidates - if there were two of each letter, there would be 16 candidates! Third, remember, "F" is like someone's name - if you were to say "Bob is a builder." and shortly after say "Bob is a ninja." - it would not be reasonable for me to assume that you're talking about two different guys named Bob.

What do you think?

YES LOL THANKS!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”