Best Logic Games Type Apps

Broncos15
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 am

Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Broncos15 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:25 am

What apps for either iOS/Android out there can help with Logic Games?

I know obviously there are no apps close to the skills LG tests on ( somewhat the point as well).


I'm looking for something that when I take a " study break" from LSAT prep as far as real questions go ....I can still be doing something productive and building those skils

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby PoopNpants » Sun May 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Broncos15 wrote:What apps for either iOS/Android out there can help with Logic Games?

I know obviously there are no apps close to the skills LG tests on ( somewhat the point as well).


I'm looking for something that when I take a " study break" from LSAT prep as far as real questions go ....I can still be doing something productive and building those skils


I hear sudokus are great

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Jeffort » Sun May 03, 2015 4:57 pm

For something to do as study break diversions that'll make your brain think and analyze logically performing deductive reasoning tasks, Sudoku is a good option. Although Sudoku puzzles are significantly different than LSAT LG's, they're still deductive logic puzzles that involve doing similar types of deductive reasoning analysis tasks many LSAT LG's require, just in a different puzzle/game type/format than conventional LSAT LG game types.

They're a good way to keep your brains deductive logical gears oiled and running during study breaks/downtime.

There are many other types of logic puzzles available too that are fun and require deductive reasoning analysis, such as the highly addictive (you've been warned! lol) 3D cube game.
http://mypuzzle.org/3d-logic

Just make sure that you don't let yourself end up spending time you'd otherwise use for actual LSAT prep with LSAT materials playing non LSAT logic games instead. Many of them, especially the 3D logic cube game, are pretty fun and can be very addicting so don't let yourself get sucked in too much!

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Clearly » Sun May 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Broncos15 wrote:What apps for either iOS/Android out there can help with Logic Games?

I know obviously there are no apps close to the skills LG tests on ( somewhat the point as well).


I'm looking for something that when I take a " study break" from LSAT prep as far as real questions go ....I can still be doing something productive and building those skils


I don't think you understand the concept of "break".

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby RZ5646 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:08 pm

The problem with these threads is that if someone did have a killer LG supplement app, why would they tell you about it? You're limited to people who have already finished with the LSAT, and they probably don't frequent the LSAT forum.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Clearly » Sun May 03, 2015 5:12 pm

RZ5646 wrote:The problem with these threads is that if someone did have a killer LG supplement app, why would they tell you about it? You're limited to people who have already finished with the LSAT, and they probably don't frequent the LSAT forum.

I disagree with this in all regards. 1) The test isn't curved, there's literally no reason not to help other people. 2) Lots of people come to LSAT threads after taking the LSAT. They still show up in the active topics list, which is how most people browse the site.

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby RZ5646 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:49 pm

The law school admissions game is fairly zero-sum. Helping someone on the LSAT won't lower my score, but it will make my score relatively less valuable.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby leslieknope » Sun May 03, 2015 5:57 pm

RZ5646 wrote:The law school admissions game is fairly zero-sum. Helping someone on the LSAT won't lower my score, but it will make my score relatively less valuable.

Lol what is this insane protogunnerism when you haven't even taken an LSAT yet. Do you also want to try ripping the pages out of the TLS handbook or something?

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Jeffort » Sun May 03, 2015 7:50 pm

leslieknope wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:The law school admissions game is fairly zero-sum. Helping someone on the LSAT won't lower my score, but it will make my score relatively less valuable.


Lol what is this insane protogunnerism when you haven't even taken an LSAT yet. Do you also want to try ripping the pages out of the TLS handbook or something?


LMAO, I'm going to borrow your new word and I hope it becomes a new regularly used TLS term. Protogunnerism! :lol:

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby Clearly » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

RZ5646 wrote:The law school admissions game is fairly zero-sum. Helping someone on the LSAT won't lower my score, but it will make my score relatively less valuable.

yeaahhhh. this isn't tls, this is just you being a dick.
You're gonna be a real doll when there actually is a curve.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby whacka » Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 am

.
Last edited by whacka on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Best Logic Games Type Apps

Postby RZ5646 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:26 am

whacka wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:The law school admissions game is fairly zero-sum. Helping someone on the LSAT won't lower my score, but it will make my score relatively less valuable.


lol is that why you gave that guy bad info in the june thread


Totally :P




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, Pozzo, Vino.Veritas, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests