Post removed.

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:08 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoopNpants

Re: Practice Test Frequency

Postby PoopNpants » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Your averaging a 174 on timed 5-section PTs???
Yeah, sounds like your in good shape to me :|

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christine (MLSAT)

Re: Practice Test Frequency

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:03 pm

I strongly recommend always doing at least 5 sections, even if you don't consciously notice a difference in fatigue. There may be a subtle impact that's not pointed enough to ping your radar, but when combined with the anxiety and overall psychological weirdness of test day, could have a noticeable effect on your performance.

I generally push people to take 6-section exams, if they can handle it. If you can rock that regularly, then you should be in good position to maintain stamina even in the face of the exhausting effects of coming down from an adrenaline rush. (Full disclosure: in my last two weeks before my own exam, I was taking 7 section exams - 4 sections/break/3 sections - to make damn sure I could do the marathon in any conditions.)

Two exams a week is a good number, especially since you know you need to still be working on LG specifically. More than that often causes people to shortchange their meaningful review (especially if you have a full time job), and that generally translates to 'no real improvement'. Meaningful review of a PT can easily take a number of hours.

One thing that I would recommend, if you're not already doing this: because you are missing so few in LR and RC, make sure that you're doing more than just reviewing your incorrect answers. Everyone should be doing this, but with your numbers it's critical. If you miss 2, there are surely at least 2-4 others that you were just as sticky on, but got a little luckier. All of those should be reviewed with the same vigor. When I got to the stage of missing between 0 and 2 on any LR section, I started underlining the question number if it irritated me while I was taking the exam. The more it irritated me, the more underlines it got. That way, when the exam was over, I had a very informative sliding scale of how much each question frustrated me! Anything that got more than a few underlines was reviewed just as thoroughly as anything I actually missed, regardless of whether I got it right in the end. That really helped me identify some things I was still struggling with, even if I might still get the question at hand right most of the time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”