Energy Drinks/Snacks on Test day Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Broncos15

Bronze

Energy Drinks/Snacks on Test day

Post by Broncos15 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey

Does anyone know if energy snacks like the Gatorade chewables ( basically same effect as energy drinks).....or energy drinks are allowed during the break to keep your focus throughout the test?

I don't see why not? All LSAC says is the drinks need to be put in a plastic container.

I am having endurance problems and the last section can be a struggle when I am doing PT's

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Energy Drinks/Snacks on Test day

Post by dabigchina » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Broncos15 wrote:Hey

Does anyone know if energy snacks like the Gatorade chewables ( basically same effect as energy drinks).....or energy drinks are allowed during the break to keep your focus throughout the test?

I don't see why not? All LSAC says is the drinks need to be put in a plastic container.

I am having endurance problems and the last section can be a struggle when I am doing PT's
I don't think they are banned. On the other hand, have you been taking them while PTing? I would strongly recommend against trying anything new on test day.

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:53 pm

No I haven't so Ill give that a try

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:53 pm

no. you can't eat snacks during the test. it's an explicit rule.

Caffeine pills are tcr, both for the lsat and for ls exams.

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Both of those things are allowable

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Has it helped anyone

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Try caffeine + l-theanine. The l-theanine will help with test anxiety and jitters from the caffeine. The caffeine will help you stay focus and give you the extra push towards the end of the test.

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Yes, they are allowed, as long as they are in the gallon bag. I believe there is a 20 oz maximum.

I recommend a 5 hr energy shot or caffeine pills though. That way your 20 oz drink can be something hydrating, and you won't have 20 oz of Monster rushing through you and creating the urge to pee.

ETA: Caffeine has always helped me during exams, and especially helped a lot for the LSAT.

Shemp

Bronze

Post by Shemp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:22 pm

My beverage was a 20 oz. Snapple raspberry iced tea with four ounces poured out and replaced with Redline Xtreme energy beverage. My snack was a package of Clif Shot Bloks, half of a 10g protein bar, and some nicotine gum. It worked alright for me. Just make sure that as you approach test day you are coming closer and closer to approximating the exact test conditions during your preptests so you can be sure that your body and brain react well to anything you'll be giving them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Holy shit you guys are taking this stuff too serious. The test isn't that long, I brought water and a granola bar I picked up at the gas station on the way. If you're tired bring a Redbull or something. I can't see how drinking something different on test day than you do during PTs is going to make you perform any different.

Honestly I think that worrying about it to this level is going to have more of a detrimental effect than anything else. I see this shit all the time with my friends on engineering tests, they stress themselves out so badly that they don't live up to what they are capable of. Study hard but relax a little and don't let the little things throw you off your game.

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 am

Last edited by whacka on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:32 am

I had yoghurt and a banana.

UndecidedMN

Bronze

Post by UndecidedMN » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:40 am

Five Hour Energy 30 min before test with one sugar free red bull 8.4 oz chucked 15 min before and one available during test. Sure will be amped and focused during test, but trust me after 4 hours you crash hard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

misskatejd

New

Post by misskatejd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:36 am

whacka wrote:Dissolve adderall in redbull, I call it "the 180"
plus half xanax to take off the edge and nerves, golden
Last edited by misskatejd on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:10 am

I brought one of those 5 hour energy turbo things and shotgunned it during the break, but I also took the LSAT on like two hours of sleep. I would recommend doing neither of these things.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am

Broncos15 wrote:Hey

1/2 of 5 hour energy before test, and at halftime, the remaining 5 hour energy + apple/banana.

BrazilBandit

Bronze

Post by BrazilBandit » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 am

I know Gatorade is not a problem during the break. Had one (and two snickers bars) myself on my second take after having hypoglycemia my first time...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:44 am

I just made sure to have a big breakfast beforehand. Coffee and a three egg spinach and feta omelet, I think it was. During the test I had water from the fountains outside. It's not that big of a deal and I don't think your snacks will give you an advantage.

Big, healthy breakfast is credited though.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 am

caffeine pills are the answer you tards

5 hour energy tastes like garbage, you won't be practicing the lsat with it, and it can give you an upset tummy.

coffee makes you shit, and pee. Energy drinks are inefficient, increases risk you have to pee, and can also give you an upset tummy.

chewable gatorate energy gummy bears? OK, children.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:caffeine pills are the answer you tards

5 hour energy tastes like garbage, you won't be practicing the lsat with it, and it can give you an upset tummy.

coffee makes you shit, and pee. Energy drinks are inefficient, increases risk you have to pee, and can also give you an upset tummy.

chewable gatorate energy gummy bears? OK, children.

Sounds like you have one fucked up digestive system

Harris65

New

Post by Harris65 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Yes, you can take energy snacks and Green drink on test day. I have heard that green smoothies are much beneficial than energy snacks. So I think you should take Green drink during the break to keep your focus throughout test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:18 am

Harris65 wrote:Yes, you can take energy snacks and Green drink on test day. I have heard that green smoothies are much beneficial than energy snacks. So I think you should take Green drink during the break to keep your focus throughout test.
Is this the stimulus to a future flaw question?

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 am

RancidSumo wrote:Holy shit you guys are taking this stuff too serious. The test isn't that long, I brought water and a granola bar I picked up at the gas station on the way. If you're tired bring a Redbull or something. I can't see how drinking something different on test day than you do during PTs is going to make you perform any different.

Honestly I think that worrying about it to this level is going to have more of a detrimental effect than anything else. I see this shit all the time with my friends on engineering tests, they stress themselves out so badly that they don't live up to what they are capable of. Study hard but relax a little and don't let the little things throw you off your game.
I don't think it's that the test is too long; I think it's that people want to be performing at 100% 100% of the time on the test, which is difficult to do when it's a timed test that lasts 5+ hours.

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:28 am

I just poured a Rockstar Lemonade (those non-carbonated ones) into a thick plastic water bottle. Also took a few grapes, apple slices, cheese cubes and almond-walnut mix as snack. Worked out well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”