Can WL schools view future Lsat registration?

Harry_Pluxen

Can WL schools view future Lsat registration?

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Can schools that have waitlisted you view that you have registered for the June LSAT? I will be taking the LSAT to boost my chances for next cycle and/or getting off a certain WL this cycle. I know that schools hold off on the initial review of your application if they see that you have registered for a future LSAT (December or Feb usually).

But does the same hold true for WL applicants? I'm worried that I might not get an offer from the waitlist at a certain school if they see that I'm registered for June...

Rigo

Re: Can WL schools view future Lsat registration?

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 am

Yes they can, but I don't understand your concern.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:44 am

Yes. When you put your LSAT score on your application there was also a space to indicate if you were planning to retake.
Are you concerned that your WL schools will see that you are planning to retake in June, and assume that you're just going to try again next cycle? Or that they will see your efforts and be willing to accept you, especially if you can achieve a much higher score?

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 am

fisheatbananas wrote:Yes. When you put your LSAT score on your application there was also a space to indicate if you were planning to retake.
Are you concerned that your WL schools will see that you are planning to retake in June, and assume that you're just going to try again next cycle? Or that they will see your efforts and be willing to accept you, especially if you can achieve a much higher score?

Worried about # 1.

I'm worried that a school might see that I am registered for a June retake and opt to not offer me a spot on the waitlist until they see the retake score or that they would only make an offer at a later date when the score comes in...at which point there are less seats available.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 am

Don't be.

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:54 am

Are you saying that I should not be worried about whether or not WL schools can see future lsat registration?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:58 am

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Are you saying that I should not be worried about whether or not WL schools can see future lsat registration?

They definitely can, but I wouldn't worry.
If you need to retake, this isn't a reason not to.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Ultimately don't worry because it's not something you can control. You decided to retake which is almost always a good thing (unless if you don't study for it...) so just focus on getting a better score, right?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”