Deviations from Powerscore Study Plan Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
scalawag

Bronze

Deviations from Powerscore Study Plan

Post by scalawag » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello Carpetbaggers,

I am taking the LSAT on June 8th.

My target score is a 160. My first diagnostic put me at 151, I got pissed off and started drinking during my second one (153) so I took it again sober and scored another 153.

After that I started prepping. My resources are the Powerscore Logical Reasoning and Logic Games bibles. I didn't buy the reading comprehension bible. I have the question type training, and I pirated some Logic Games grouped by type.

The study plan I am following is the two month plan listed here: http://students.powerscore.com/self-study/index.cfm.

I'd welcome any suggestions on how to deviate from the plan, or additional things I should do. My main concern is that I am not taking as many practice tests as I would like before test time.

I also have a Kaplan book - it's kind of all in one. Should I review that for Reading Comprehension?

If push comes to shove I'm telling myself that I'll have the option to take a ton of tests and review them before the October LSAT.

Thanks for your suggestions.

sd5289

Gold

Re: Deviations from Powerscore Study Plan

Post by sd5289 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 pm

scalawag wrote:My target score is a 160. My first diagnostic put me at 151, I got pissed off and started drinking during my second one (153) so I took it again sober and scored another 153.
Obviously, it's to keep drinking during your LSAT prep.

Oh...and maybe not aim so low with your target score.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Also, stop stealing prep materials, or at least don't share about it. That's not exactly the best way to start a legal career.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Clearly wrote:Also, stop stealing prep materials, or at least don't share about it. That's not exactly the best way to start a legal career.
:lol:

I was so excited at the drinking and 160 "target" score that I missed that part.

Good catch.

scalawag

Bronze

Post by scalawag » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

It's not an official publication someone put it together from every LSAC prep test series and I bought all of those so I don't feel too bad - LSAC has my money. There's no copyright notice it's bootleg. I could do it myself but it would take time.

Powerscore has a comparable product that only has some of the questions. This way I can practice all of them and then when I take my tests I won't have written everywhere.

Thanks for the help, I'll get back to trying to reach my peasant target score of 160.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scalawag

Bronze

Post by scalawag » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Didn't mean to come off as abrasive - I realize that was good advice with the target score and the drinking.

I haven't drank since then and two days without weed - this is a frustrating test to prepare for on top of that.

I just ran 7 miles and I've got a brighter outlook and a second wind, I'll see what I can do.

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:27 am

Last edited by whacka on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:47 pm

OP is a moron

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”