Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

BrownieD
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 am

Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby BrownieD » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Which would you choose?
I want the best score possible, but also a super early application to be considered in the earliest pool. Don't think I've reached my peak to justify June...but I don't like the idea of October either :-\
I'm a URM, Ivy League grad, but average GPA--3.25.
Top PT has been 170, but I've been slipping because of work/less time to study lately. Range is 166-170. Aiming for 172-180.
I've been studying since March of 2014, btw.

i like redheads
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 am

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby i like redheads » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Did u graduate in 2014 or 2013? You have a shit uGPA so YHS is out of the picture unless you score 178+ since you are URM. Just take it in October bro and study for 5 more months

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Applying in November is no where close to being late, so I would definitely wait and take it in October if you aren't ready in June.

BrownieD
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby BrownieD » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:44 am

Well, I bet you feel like a bigger person by putting someone else down "i like redheads." o_0 Rude troll.

Thanks Rigo.

User avatar
lollsat
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby lollsat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Hey I highly recommend you post this in the URM forum, the people over there are usually very insightful and have been here for awhile.

What I would choose is: if I don't feel like I reached my peak as a URM where a high LSAT score (especially if your AA) can mean lots of $$$ in terms of scholarships and acceptances, I would take the summer to prep really well, and then take in October. I would also submit all my applications in October. Besides, early admissions usually takes place in the fall anyway. Depending on the school, early decision is usually on or before December 1 (UChicago).

Another consideration is since you're pting quite high already, start prep immediately. You still have a few weeks until the late registration deadline May 13, If by that time I feel super confident then I would take the test because taking it early also gives me another chance to retake and still make the early decision deadline.

This is just my opinion :lol: I'm studying for the LSAT as well and plan to take either June or October and apply in October for early decision. I would definitely post this in the other forum just to get some more opinions.

BrownieD
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby BrownieD » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks a lot for your thoughts lollsat! I just posted this in the other forum. Now I'm leaning towards October as well, since it doesn't seem to be a huge deal to have my application completed in the fall. My plan had been to be one of the very first considered in the pool, but that won't help at this point if I'm not 100% ready...

179orBust
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Take test in June for early app submission, or delay for a b

Postby 179orBust » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:07 am

In the same position as OP, except that I'm not URM. Really interested in hearing other responses. I'm signed up for June but leaning towards taking October. Don't think I'd be able to hit my target score (168+) by June.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests