Hoping for some advice, how long should I study? re-writer

flash21

Hoping for some advice, how long should I study? re-writer

Postby flash21 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi guys,

Long story short, I got a 157 in December 2014, and will re-write the lsat. Pt scores were primarily 160-162 range. Test day anxiety + I thought the reading comp was probably on par with the hardest I'd seen. Was also pretty mentally drained, was in the middle of exam season for me in undergrad.

Anyway, I'm about to graduate. I am hoping to get advice on whether to do October or December. December gives me more time, but in Canada in my province applications for schools must be in by November, so I'd have my application in without my new LSAT score, and if I happened to screw up again, obviously that would suck. Any advice? I have no idea where I'll be at in terms of LSAT skill when i begin studying again on Friday.

Any advice or feedback on when you guys would write?

Capitol_Idea

Re: Hoping for some advice, how long should I study? re-writer

Postby Capitol_Idea » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm confused - are you applying to schools in Canada or the U.S? If the U S., you can get your app in after December results - who's gonna stop you?

I would recommend October in any case, so you have one last shot in December for that cycle. It's what I did - and had a 5 point jump so it's possible to improve even in that short timeframe.

lollsat

Postby lollsat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Depends on you. Last fall I planned to take it in June, things came up got busy with school and now I'm definitely not prepared so I'm probably taking in October. Of course the earlier the better, but that depends on if you feel fully prepared. I don't know why you're trying to decide this now when you still have the rest of Spring + the Summer. Isn't registration for October in September? When that time comes around just gauge if you're ready to take i.e. surpassing your goal score on pts + other factors. If by the registration deadline you definitely feel you could use a little extra time, then take in December.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:41 pm

thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not actually going to sign up necessarily right now, but giving yourself a date holds you somewhat accountable I think. I guess I'm always paranoid I've not studied enough - but I think I may aim for October. Seems far away enough where I could keep up the intensity of studying, and I am not starting from zero knowledge of the LSAT, as I said I received a 157 in December and hope to improve that.

However, obviously if I am not scoring where I want to come that time I will postpone.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”