Taking a PT for the first time after months of drilling

lollsat

Taking a PT for the first time after months of drilling

Postby lollsat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:47 pm

After months and months of drilling and reviewing the fundamentals, I think it's time to take my first PT. Do you guys recommend that I take it under strict testing conditions (i.e. strictly timed, fake proctor, etc.) right away? Or should I take it easy on the time and gradually begin strictly timing myself? I have PTs 36-74 to work with. Also, what are your thoughts on just using four sections as opposed to five?

Muchas Gracias!

sox49

Re: Taking a PT for the first time after months of drilling

Postby sox49 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 pm

i did timed sections with PT 30 - 45, then did timed tests. It allowed me to work on my pacing without committing to a full test that may had reflected a poorer score than after i had gotten used to timing sections.

in any case it seems like there is a consensus on this board that timed sections after drilling and prior to full PT is a method many use without complaints. If you PT after 45, you have 29 full pretests to use (assuming you are taking in june. 30 if september and so on). that said it seems many wait until PT 50 or beyond to do fully timed. i think its about how comfortable you feel with the material and the process of the test.

zombie mcavoy

Postby zombie mcavoy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm

there's no right way to do this

been drilling for months?

go crazy and take a full one under simulated conditions

k5220

Postby k5220 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 pm

I think it's helpful to work on accuracy and then work on speed. If you've been studying for months and that included practice questions, you may have already done the accuracy work, but if you still feel like you're not sure if you have the ability to get questions right, I would focus on that first.

telbo340

Postby telbo340 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:34 am

With months of drilling under your belt I think you're ready. Either way it's only a few hours go for it!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”