Retaking LSAT in June Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
blinkmtt3

New

Retaking LSAT in June

Post by blinkmtt3 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Post by BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.
Sure, I was able to do that. Maybe they won't play ball but it's worth a shot.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:53 pm

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot! That thread was very helpful!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Don't matriculate. Sit out the cycle and retake. One lousy retake can change your entire life for the better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Albus Dumbledore

New

Post by Albus Dumbledore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.
Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.
Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)
Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!

Albus Dumbledore

New

Post by Albus Dumbledore » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 am

Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Rigo wrote:
blinkmtt3 wrote:
Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!
Thanks!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”