Retaking LSAT in June

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
blinkmtt3

New

Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.

Sure, I was able to do that. Maybe they won't play ball but it's worth a shot.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:53 pm

blinkmtt3

New

Postby blinkmtt3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 pm

BigZuck wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=204765

Thanks a lot! That thread was very helpful!

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Don't matriculate. Sit out the cycle and retake. One lousy retake can change your entire life for the better.

Albus Dumbledore

New

Postby Albus Dumbledore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

blinkmtt3

New

Postby blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!

Albus Dumbledore

New

Postby Albus Dumbledore » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 am

Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)

blinkmtt3

New

Postby blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

blinkmtt3

New

Postby blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Rigo wrote:
blinkmtt3 wrote:

Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!

Thanks!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�