Retaking LSAT in June

blinkmtt3
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:I am already accepted to University of Nebraska-Lincoln and plan on attending in the Fall. However, due to my very low LSAT (149) I was not offered any scholarship money and I am out of state. Does anyone know if I take the LSAT again in June and do substantially better if I can request them to consider me for scholarship money? I am considering taking a year off to apply to different schools too, pending a better LSAT score.

Sure, I was able to do that. Maybe they won't play ball but it's worth a shot.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:53 pm


blinkmtt3
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:22 pm

BigZuck wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=204765


Thanks a lot! That thread was very helpful!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Don't matriculate. Sit out the cycle and retake. One lousy retake can change your entire life for the better.

User avatar
Albus Dumbledore
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby Albus Dumbledore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

blinkmtt3
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.


Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!

User avatar
Albus Dumbledore
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby Albus Dumbledore » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 am

Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)

blinkmtt3
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Albus Dumbledore wrote:Good luck! I'll be taking the LSAT this June as well. Hopefully, we'll both be happy with our scores. :)


Thanks! Good luck to you too!

blinkmtt3
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT in June

Postby blinkmtt3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Rigo wrote:
blinkmtt3 wrote:
Albus Dumbledore wrote:I agree. You should retake and reapply. I think it's guaranteed that you will do better than 149 if you study diligently.

Thanks. I absolutely think I will do better. I was pregnant, still in undergrad, and working full time (I'm a non-trad). Now that I can apply myself, I am positive the score will go up. After some contemplating, I am taking again in June. Wish me luck! :)

Smart choice. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle for much better options after applying early in the fall.

Good luck!


Thanks!!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest