Please, show me how I'm being an idiot (PT3 Game 4)

jetsfan1

Please, show me how I'm being an idiot (PT3 Game 4)

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:41 am

This game threw me for a loop this morning. Where in the rules does it state that pilots or copilots can only fly in one plane? I interpreted the rules to mean - for example - that A could go in BOTH 1 and 4. And I can't find anything in the rules that would make that illegal. The game plays out like the only one plane thing is a rule though. I know I'm likely just being dumb, but can someone point out how for me? Thanks.

Shemp

Re: Please, show me how I'm being an idiot (PT3 Game 4)

Postby Shemp » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:45 am

I went around and around on this one recently also. I eventually decided that it must mean that just because the planes are all "available to fly," they needn't all actually be used. Also in the rules it states that the pilots and copilots are "all aboard planes that are flying," so they must not be able to get off those planes and into other planes during the show. Really the rules need an extra sentence to rule out the possibility of changing planes mid-show, and on a more recent test the writers would certainly have covered their collective asses.

krnpridejk

Postby krnpridejk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:49 am

jetsfan1 wrote:This game threw me for a loop this morning. Where in the rules does it state that pilots or copilots can only fly in one plane? I interpreted the rules to mean - for example - that A could go in BOTH 1 and 4. And I can't find anything in the rules that would make that illegal. The game plays out like the only one plane thing is a rule though. I know I'm likely just being dumb, but can someone point out how for me? Thanks.

If you could write out the entire question and rules i may be able to help you, but because I'm already done with LSATs, i don't have access to any prep tests, and I can't seem to find it on google for free.

jetsfan1

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:56 am

krnpridejk wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:This game threw me for a loop this morning. Where in the rules does it state that pilots or copilots can only fly in one plane? I interpreted the rules to mean - for example - that A could go in BOTH 1 and 4. And I can't find anything in the rules that would make that illegal. The game plays out like the only one plane thing is a rule though. I know I'm likely just being dumb, but can someone point out how for me? Thanks.

If you could write out the entire question and rules i may be able to help you, but because I'm already done with LSATs, i don't have access to any prep tests, and I can't seem to find it on google for free.

Appreciate but can't because of copyright and all that.

Shemp: I mean I guess? Definitely the "available to fly" means the planes don't all have to be used, but the second step in the logic is pretty flawed... just because they are "all aboard planes that are flying in the show" doesn't mean all those planes have to be flying at the same time. The show could still be staggered with 1 in the air first, followed by 2, then 3, or any combo thereof.

To me, this is a pretty significant logical gap. Is it too much to say this game is flawed?

ETA: Just hopped over to the Manhattan Forums they had the same issue. Anyone know what 7sage has to say on it? I can't load their videos where I live.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”