How Do You Keep Your Pencils Sharpened? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lollsat

New

How Do You Keep Your Pencils Sharpened?

Post by lollsat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:09 am

Serious question. I'm not a troll don't laugh at me. I'm using the Dixon Ticonderoga black pencils and after the first sharpen I'm having trouble keeping the pencils sharpened without going dull. For example: How do I get that nice sharpened middle one? It's really annoying because when I do LG everything tends to smudge, isn't clear, and this is especially true when I'm drawing fairly detailed game boards. This is the reason why I switched to mechanical pencils in elementary school and never used wooden pencils since (except for bubble-in tests). Is it the sharpener? I'm using a cheap sharpener from Walgreen's. I haven't used a pencil for like 15+ years, is this just the nature of pencils and pencil sharpeners? :oops:

RZ5646

Gold

Re: How Do You Keep Your Pencils Sharpened?

Post by RZ5646 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:11 am

Dull pencils fill in answer sheet bubbles faster. Just have a few sharpened ones for LG and then don't worry about it.

lollsat

New

Post by lollsat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:15 am

RZ5646 wrote:Dull pencils fill in answer sheet bubbles faster. Just have a few sharpened ones for LG and then don't worry about it.
That's true. I mean we could have as many pencils as we can fit right? I'll just bring a bunch of fresh ones for LG specifically. Problem solved.

/thread

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:55 am

You can use lead pencils, which removes the need to sharpen. Huge time saver.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”