All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

jxenge123

All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Postby jxenge123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I've been lurking on this site for a while but have not posted until now. I've been studying intensively since January but when I went to register for the test I realized to my dismay that all of the testing centers around me are fully booked. There are locations available out of state, but this would be about a 4 hour drive. Before I sign up and pay for this, I was hoping if someone with some experience with the waiting list could tell me if spots usually open up for it.

Thank you

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReasonableNprudent

Re: All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Postby ReasonableNprudent » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah, I wouldn't take the gamble. Book at the cushiest testing facility that is somewhat nearby. There are usually reviews to be found (I did mine at a small university in a tiny classroom with very large tables and only about 20 other people in the room).

Drive two or three days before, so that you can do some drilling/practice two days before, maybe a little on the day before, and be rested and back in the zone on game day. Book a decent hotel near the facility, many even opulent if the money doesn't matter.
I'd also probably make a short trip to the facility so you know what you are in for/where to go/are generally familiar with your surroundings.

jxenge123

Re: All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Postby jxenge123 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks for the advice! Going to sign up for the out of state testing center today and will plan on getting there a couple days before the test so I can get in a nice rhythm in the new environment. On a side note, hopefully this is not indicative of a large increase in test takers for next cycle.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”