Two months to prepare for re-take. Help!

Two months to prepare for re-take. Help!

Postby bsk5116 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:16 pm

I took the LSAT in February and received a 166, but I think that with a more focused study plan I should be able to boost my score at least a few points. I would like to take the June exam which leaves 2 months to prepare.

Some background on my preparation for the February LSAT:
I began preparing a month prior to the exam and devoted 3-4 hours every day to studying. I worked through the entire Kaplan Premier 2015 book and Powerscore Reading Comprehension Bible. I also took multiple timed and untimed prep tests (but I still have a good amount of recent ones I have yet to do). My average score for timed exams was 167 with a maximum timed score of 173. I usually did very well on LG on my prep-tests (2-3 wrong max) but on test day that is the section I really froze on. LR and RC I had really good days (2-4 wrong) and really bad ones (6-8) with irregular consistency. I do not have the breakdown by section available to me since apparently they do not release that information for the February exam.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you have regarding LSAT preparation, particularly what resources you think are the most helpful and cost effective. I am kinda clueless when it comes to any online resources and if it would be worth it to do an online course (probably not a live one due to scheduling constraints).

Re: Two months to prepare for re-take. Help!

Postby RubyRod » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Powerscore books were amazing for me. I only studied for a month and a half for the LSATs and got a 169 using them. They may or may not be available on the sort of site that torrents PDFs of things. Amazon for sure though.

Re: Two months to prepare for re-take. Help!

Postby nicoleh625 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 am

OP—try 7sage. It's a super affordable ($179) course and it goes at your own pace. Very highly recommended.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”