definitely taking it in june, need help!

robertrulez

definitely taking it in june, need help!

Postby robertrulez » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:56 pm

So I took a powerscore course and found it to be extremely helpful. I have all the books and will be reviewing them the next few months but I still seem to have a few weak spots. My goal score is a 163 so I'm looking to score 20 on each section at the minimum -- but obviously I would like to do better, I'm just being realistic with my capabilities.

In LR I'm getting on average 18-20 right on each section. Main weaknesses seems to be parallel reasoning, identifying the main point, and identifying the flaw. Are there any good resources to help me with those specific problem types?

RC I'm pretty solid. I'm usually getting 20+ each section but I don't have any strategy whatsoever there. I just go in, don't even make any notations, and just refer back to the topic. The powerscore RC strategies didn't seem to help. Does anyone have any recommendations on that front?

Lastly, logic games are still the bane of my existence but I'm confident that drilling them the next few months will help me.

My question: is investing in 7sage worth it for LR and RC? Are there any other resources that can help me, specifically with LR and RC?

Thanks in advance.

LawsRUs

Re: definitely taking it in june, need help!

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:05 pm

robertrulez wrote:Are there any other resources that can help me, specifically with LR and RC?

Hey robert. I'm going to presume that you are doing Cambridge packets? fwiw, I went through all of the Cambridge packets at least 4 times. eek.

Re other resources, Manhattan guides and LSAT Trainer on LR and RC.
Examkrackers on RC as well, I thought it was okay.
For extra practice on LG, Ace the Logic Games. I can't speak for the package that 7sage sells, but the free ones for LG were gold.

But honestly, I bought almost all books on the market that had to do with the LSAT. :mrgreen:

Good luck on your retake robert! You can do this!

eta: grammar
Last edited by LawsRUs on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:16 pm

7sage is pretty credited.

FWIW, I wouldn't recommend wasting the time/money on either the Kaplan or Princeton Review materials. I used both, and they just aren't very good.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Check out Manhattan LR.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”