LSAT Prep 2nd time test test taker

kelssimone

LSAT Prep 2nd time test test taker

Postby kelssimone » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I kinda just need some encouragement. I Will be taking the LSAT again is October. I plan to self-study in June, then Take Blueprint again from July 26th up until the actual test. I will also be taking the year off and applying for the 2016-2017 year. Does anyone have any advice for a June self-study schedule? I scored below the 150's so I guess my short term goal is to break 150, long term is to break 160. Tips? Thanks!

Shakawkaw

Re: LSAT Prep 2nd time test test taker

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 am

kelssimone wrote:Hi Everyone,

I kinda just need some encouragement. I Will be taking the LSAT again is October. I plan to self-study in June, then Take Blueprint again from July 26th up until the actual test. I will also be taking the year off and applying for the 2016-2017 year. Does anyone have any advice for a June self-study schedule? I scored below the 150's so I guess my short term goal is to break 150, long term is to break 160. Tips? Thanks!

What's the purpose of self-studying and then taking a BP course? The BP course, and any course for that matter, is designed to establish the fundamentals. Since you're retaking, it seems you have knowledge of those concepts. How did you prepare for your first take?

ETA: Read your post in the BP thread - this is particularly confusing since you've already taken the BP course.

kelssimone

Postby kelssimone » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
kelssimone wrote:Hi Everyone,

What's the purpose of self-studying and then taking a BP course? The BP course, and any course for that matter, is designed to establish the fundamentals. Since you're retaking, it seems you have knowledge of those concepts. How did you prepare for your first take?

ETA: Read your post in the BP thread - this is particularly confusing since you've already taken the BP course.

So..When I took the BP class I wasn't dedicated to it. And I believe I need more than just the end of July-October to study. When I took BP the first time I honestly had too much on my plate

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 pm

If you start self studying in June, two months is more than enough to brush up (I guess establish, in your case?) the fundamentals. What materials do you plan on using in your self-study phase?

I think enrolling in the BP course would be a waste of money, given your desired timeline.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:47 pm

I suggest taking an online course because it would be flexible enough to fit your supposedly busy schedule.

nhberk

Postby nhberk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:20 am

For the love of god don't take the blueprint course again! Waste of money and time to retake the course... you have the books already, self study if you need to, but honestly as someone who has taken a blueprint course myself, i highly recommend self studying with other books... powerscore, manhattan, the lsat trainer... something different.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”