Question on redoing Logic Games for Review

iluvcash

Question on redoing Logic Games for Review

Postby iluvcash » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm studying logic games right now and every time I come across a game that I don't do well on, I print out 5-10 copies of that game in order to do it over and memorize the inferences and patterns. Is this a good method in order to learn logic games? Also if it is a good method, should I just redo a game over and over right away, or do I try to space it out. Right now I have a folder full of games that I printed about 5-10 copes of :lol: but I don't know if I should just do them all right away or space them out somehow :?: It's a bit overwhelming since I started drilling LG and printing out 5-10 copies of almost every game I come across. Maybe I should stop doing new games and just straight go through my review pile idk....

trvr

Re: Question on redoing Logic Games for Review

Postby trvr » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Sounds like the 7sage way. I think it's a good way to study- it works for me. I like a combination of doing games a few times in a row and coming back to them later. Coming back to a game after a day or so helps to reinforce what you've already learned from the repetitions

iluvcash

Postby iluvcash » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah, it's good to know that redoing them actually works to improve your score and recognize patterns in the games.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 am

Many people will disagree, but I think you should definitely space out your redos (unless your first attempt was so bad that it shouldn't even count). The 7sage method of immediately repeating it until you have "memorized the inferences" will make you think you're improving, but I'm skeptical of how much it really improves your skills. That being said, there's little harm in redoing games... I'd just put at least a week between attempts to prevent memorization.

blousty

Postby blousty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:15 am

I scored 170+ on LSAT a few years back. What you say you're doing is similar to what I did. Go over every single question you got right and wrong. If you don't know exactly why you got it right or wrong, you'll miss it on test day, or guess lucky again. Keep trucking. If you're still confused come mid-may, wait until October. No rush until October.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I think retaking games is good for setup. It lets you practice setting up game types over and over again so on Gameday, you'll know exactly how to set it up based on the wording.

Blueprint Ben

Postby Blueprint Ben » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

This is THE way to master LG. You're doing it exactly right. I'm sure you'll make a ton of progress this way. I just wanted to add that the principle behind redoing games applies to the other sections too.

Really, what you're doing is training your muscle memory for a particular type of question and internalizing the best process for solving it. Redrilling LR questions and RC passages, and even retaking full PTs multiple times over provides this same type of training, and it's extremely effective. A lot of people believe that retaking PTs and redoing drills is bad for them because they remember some of the content, so it's an inaccurate gauge of their progress. These people are thinking about it the wrong way. The more often you go through the motions of solving a question, the better you'll be at solving that type of question. Improving at the LSAT is mostly a matter of pattern recognition. That's why redrilling old questions is always a good use of your time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”