Cambridge LSAT materials

boaltlaw

Cambridge LSAT materials

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Can you split the $280 cost with someone and print the materials twice?

nlee10

Re: Cambridge LSAT materials

Postby nlee10 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

no

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:16 pm

as in it will only let you print once or its against the rules?

also, whats the appreciative difference between the regular bundle, endurance edition, and extreme endurance edition?

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:57 pm

bump tho

Deleterious

Postby Deleterious » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 pm

boaltlaw wrote:bump tho

it's against the rules. The download is a pdf so you can print the materials as many times as you need. i sent you a pm, too.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Deleterious wrote:

it's against the rules. The download is a pdf so you can print the materials as many times as you need. i sent you a pm, too.

how the hell do they regulate this then?

Deleterious

Postby Deleterious » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 pm

boaltlaw wrote:
Deleterious wrote:

in practice it's nearly impossible, but I'm sure when you download from cambridge you have to agree to their T and C which says you won't share. It's a single use license or whatever.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Deleterious wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:
Deleterious wrote:

in practice it's nearly impossible, but I'm sure when you download from cambridge you have to agree to their T and C which says you won't share. It's a single use license or whatever.

I see. whats the difference between the three bundles?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

boaltlaw wrote:I see. whats the difference between the three bundles?

Read the damn descriptions.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Dirigo wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:I see. whats the difference between the three bundles?

Read the damn descriptions.

ah come on d
i thought a normal lsat was 5 sections (2 lr, 1 lg, 1 rc, 1 experimental) + writing sample

so whats the difference between 280 and 320? isnt a 5 section test the test "in its entirety"?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 pm

I got the 4 section bundle. If I could do it over, I would have gone with the 5. The 6 is overkill in my mind, but would be good if endurance is a real problem for you.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 am

Dirigo wrote:I got the 4 section bundle. If I could do it over, I would have gone with the 5. The 6 is overkill in my mind, but would be good if endurance is a real problem for you.

oh so the 280 bundle doesn't include experimental sections?

How is that entirety?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:48 am

boaltlaw wrote:
Dirigo wrote:I got the 4 section bundle. If I could do it over, I would have gone with the 5. The 6 is overkill in my mind, but would be good if endurance is a real problem for you.

How is that entirety?

I don't know the price points of the different bundles so "280" versus "320" means nothing to me.

"In it's entirety" usually refers to the four graded sections since the experimental sections are not published and therefore not in Cambridge PT's. However, simply doing four section tests doesn't accurately mimic the test day experience because a fifth experimental section will be added on test day. The bundle with five section tests (the four real sections and a Cambridge-inserted experimental section) is the way to go if you want your PT experience to closely follow what the official test administration will be like. Simply doing four section tests may not allow you to work on endurance issues.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 am

Dirigo wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:

How is that entirety?

I don't know the price points of the different bundles so "280" versus "320" means nothing to me.

"In it's entirety" usually refers to the four graded sections since the experimental sections are not published and therefore not in Cambridge PT's. However, simply doing four section tests doesn't accurately mimic the test day experience because a fifth experimental section will be added on test day. The bundle with five section tests (the four real sections and a Cambridge-inserted experimental section) is the way to go if you want your PT experience to closely follow what the official test administration will be like. Simply doing four section tests may not allow you to work on endurance issues.

Ah okay. So where do they get the experimental version for the 5th section?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:39 am

boaltlaw wrote:Ah okay. So where do they get the experimental version for the 5th section?

They take full sections from older PT's iirc.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 am

Dirigo wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:Ah okay. So where do they get the experimental version for the 5th section?

ah for sure thanks d.

so you would recommend the one with "endurance" or "extreme endurance"?

I think extreme endurance would be good for building stamina. But in the event that you just want to take a regular 4 section test, do they tell you which ones are experimental (perhaps in an appendix or something)?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 am

boaltlaw wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

ah for sure thanks d.
I think extreme endurance would be good for building stamina. But in the event that you just want to take a regular 4 section test, do they tell you which ones are experimental (perhaps in an appendix or something)?

Pick whichever one you think would best suit your needs. Personally, I would do the 5 section one but endurance isn't a huge issue for me. Others have said that the 6 section one makes the actual 5 section LSAT seem like a piece of cake.
And yes, they tell you which one is the experimental either in the index or on the scoring sheet.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:20 am

Dirigo wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

ah for sure thanks d.

Pick whichever one you think would best suit your needs. Personally, I would do the 5 section one but endurance isn't a huge issue for me. Others have said that the 6 section one makes the actual 5 section LSAT seem like a piece of cake.
And yes, they tell you which one is the experimental either in the index or on the scoring sheet.

So if I use 1-38 for drilling and they use those sections as experimental for their 5/6 section practice tests, wont I know which one is experimental?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 am

boaltlaw wrote:So if I use 1-38 for drilling and they use those sections as experimental for their 5/6 section practice tests, wont I know which one is experimental?

Yeah that's a real possibility. When I was taking a PT offered by my prep company, I figured out which section was the experimental cuz I did that in my 1-38 drilling.

boaltlaw

Postby boaltlaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:51 am

nlee10 wrote:
boaltlaw wrote:So if I use 1-38 for drilling and they use those sections as experimental for their 5/6 section practice tests, wont I know which one is experimental?

Yeah that's a real possibility. When I was taking a PT offered by my prep company, I figured out which section was the experimental cuz I did that in my 1-38 drilling.

Meh, not a big deal I guess

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”