Drilling Suggestion

ironchild

Drilling Suggestion

Postby ironchild » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 am

Hi everyone~
Since English is not my first language, I feel quite struggle on LSAT. :cry:
After reviewing the concept books(powerscore bible & manhattan), i start drilling each part by type, begin with LG, i check on the 7sage's video after each question. And now its getting into the phrase of LR, should I check the answer after each question done or 4-5 questions done? Any advice?

PinkPractice

Re: Drilling Suggestion

Postby PinkPractice » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 am

Finish the entire section timed before you check your answers.

ironchild

Postby ironchild » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

PinkPractice wrote:Finish the entire section timed before you check your answers.

Thanks for your replying!

AnMzungu

Postby AnMzungu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 pm

PinkPractice wrote:Finish the entire section timed before you check your answers.

Could be that I'm just undisciplined, but I found that when I did large sections of questions before going through the answers I wouldn't put as much work into looking over where I went wrong/where I struggled. Doing blocks of questions between 5 and 10 kept me on track. Might be worth a try.

Blueprint Ben

Postby Blueprint Ben » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:34 pm

I agree that you shouldn't be stopping to check your answers every couple of minutes, since it breaks your concentration, and LSAT training is very much about building your stamina and focus. But I disagree with the suggestion that you should be practicing with full, timed sections as your primary prep routine. The foundation of your prep should be untimed drilling by type. "Mixed" review is not the most effective way to train. You should use timed sections more like you use PTs: not as study tools, but as diagnostic gauges of your scoring capacity, strengths & weaknesses, etc.

But yeah, it's better to finish at least section's worth of drills (~25 LR, 4 games, or 4 passages) before checking your answers and reviewing.

ironchild

Postby ironchild » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:15 am

BP Ben wrote:

I agree that you shouldn't be stopping to check your answers every couple of minutes, since it breaks your concentration, and LSAT training is very much about building your stamina and focus. But I disagree with the suggestion that you should be practicing with full, timed sections as your primary prep routine. The foundation of your prep should be untimed drilling by type. "Mixed" review is not the most effective way to train. You should use timed sections more like you use PTs: not as study tools, but as diagnostic gauges of your scoring capacity, strengths & weaknesses, etc.

But yeah, it's better to finish at least section's worth of drills (~25 LR, 4 games, or 4 passages) before checking your answers and reviewing.

Thanks for the advice!
I think i just have some trouble on memoring my own problem of each question since I need to highlight couples unfamiliar words. And I know this would be a huge challenge for my distraction issues...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”