The Official October 2015 Study Group

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
5
4%
5+
12
10%
10+
25
21%
15+
14
12%
20+
20
17%
25+
9
7%
30+
3
2%
35+
33
27%
 
Total votes: 121

179orBust
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 179orBust » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:33 am

Got some studying done today: Did two RC sections, 50 Necessary Assumption Questions, and read some Manhattan LR. Thoroughly reviewed everything.
I'll be doing around 10 games tomorrow, 50 LR questions, and 1 or 2 RC passages.

yangwenli
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby yangwenli » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 am

Checking in. Took in February and ended up cancelling because I had a pretty bad test day! Before I took, I was PTing at 169-170 pretty consistently, and that was basically just through taking practice exams and some light drilling. I think I'll be in a good position if I get really serious about logic games (was completing three games, little drilling, didn't do any bibles) and getting truly consistent with RC/LR (was getting -0/-2).

I'm definitely going to save the more recent practice tests until the end so I can be as fresh for them as possible -- I'll be taking them a second time.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to start working through the Powerscore LG Bible first.

edit: my goal is to land somewhere in the mid-170s to set myself up for a full ride at a good T1. I want to do work with indigent people (I've been working as a paralegal at a LSC nonprofit since graduating last year) and graduate with minimal debt.

jeech
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby jeech » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:49 am

Checking in for the October LSAT. Woke up at 5AM today to study Blueprint LG.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:48 am

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Dexter97
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Dexter97 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Dexter97 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby The Abyss » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 am

I'm delaying to October, so checking in. I'm drilling undetermined assignment games today. So far through three games I'm -0 with OK timing, but could be a bit faster.

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby JackelJ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:55 am

The Abyss wrote:I'm delaying to October, so checking in. I'm drilling undetermined assignment games today. So far through three games I'm -0 with OK timing, but could be a bit faster.

Bum bum bum
Another one bites the dust

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby The Abyss » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 am

JackelJ wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I'm delaying to October, so checking in. I'm drilling undetermined assignment games today. So far through three games I'm -0 with OK timing, but could be a bit faster.

Bum bum bum
Another one bites the dust


It's my last take, so I have to be 100% sure I'm ready. Gunning for 173+ and that was just not going to happen in June with my work and family. I have a good schedule in place right now that I'm confident in, and I've been able to stick to it so far. I'm drilling for April, May and June with a couple PTs to track progress. July will be doing timed sections and more drilling, and then August and September will be PTs and drilling. Hopefully this gets me to my goal.

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby JackelJ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

The Abyss wrote:
JackelJ wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I'm delaying to October, so checking in. I'm drilling undetermined assignment games today. So far through three games I'm -0 with OK timing, but could be a bit faster.

Bum bum bum
Another one bites the dust


It's my last take, so I have to be 100% sure I'm ready. Gunning for 173+ and that was just not going to happen in June with my work and family. I have a good schedule in place right now that I'm confident in, and I've been able to stick to it so far. I'm drilling for April, May and June with a couple PTs to track progress. July will be doing timed sections and more drilling, and then August and September will be PTs and drilling. Hopefully this gets me to my goal.

Totally understandable with your 3rd take. The song was just the first thing that came to my mind since a bunch of people have already postponed haha. I know you've been studying hard the past few months, good luck in October!

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 am

We lost another one.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby The Abyss » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:33 am

JackelJ wrote:
The Abyss wrote:
JackelJ wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I'm delaying to October, so checking in. I'm drilling undetermined assignment games today. So far through three games I'm -0 with OK timing, but could be a bit faster.

Bum bum bum
Another one bites the dust


It's my last take, so I have to be 100% sure I'm ready. Gunning for 173+ and that was just not going to happen in June with my work and family. I have a good schedule in place right now that I'm confident in, and I've been able to stick to it so far. I'm drilling for April, May and June with a couple PTs to track progress. July will be doing timed sections and more drilling, and then August and September will be PTs and drilling. Hopefully this gets me to my goal.

Totally understandable with your 3rd take. The song was just the first thing that came to my mind since a bunch of people have already postponed haha. I know you've been studying hard the past few months, good luck in October!


Thanks! And best of luck to you in June!

179orBust
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 179orBust » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am

Also thought I would take in June but I postponed to October. First take. Making sure to get in 3 hours of studying every day, no excuses.

Always wanted to ask: Is there any big disadvantage in talking in October, as opposed to June, other than the 12:30 start time? Really want to apply for the 2016 cycle and I'm worried if I need to retake I'll have to apply the following year. Do schools in T-14 accept a Dec./ Feb. score for same cycle? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this whole process.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby The Abyss » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:14 am

179orBust wrote:Also thought I would take in June but I postponed to October. First take. Making sure to get in 3 hours of studying every day, no excuses.

Always wanted to ask: Is there any big disadvantage in talking in October, as opposed to June, other than the 12:30 start time? Really want to apply for the 2016 cycle and I'm worried if I need to retake I'll have to apply the following year. Do schools in T-14 accept a Dec./ Feb. score for same cycle? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this whole process.


December and February scores will be accepted. February will definitely be late in the cycle, but a December take is right about in the middle. Not early, not late. While not ideal, you will be fine if you need to retake in December.

User avatar
TheWalkingDebt
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby TheWalkingDebt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 am

so many June defectors.

179orBust
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 179orBust » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:37 am

The Abyss wrote:
179orBust wrote:Also thought I would take in June but I postponed to October. First take. Making sure to get in 3 hours of studying every day, no excuses.

Always wanted to ask: Is there any big disadvantage in talking in October, as opposed to June, other than the 12:30 start time? Really want to apply for the 2016 cycle and I'm worried if I need to retake I'll have to apply the following year. Do schools in T-14 accept a Dec./ Feb. score for same cycle? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this whole process.


December and February scores will be accepted. February will definitely be late in the cycle, but a December take is right about in the middle. Not early, not late. While not ideal, you will be fine if you need to retake in December.


Thanks Abyss.

cantis
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby cantis » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:52 pm

.
Last edited by cantis on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
180kickflip
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 180kickflip » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:21 pm

guess I'll get in this. Decided to reapply next cycle, and I have one LSAT take left, so might as well take another crack at it. Desperately trying to break 170 =/

User avatar
StickerAdverse
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:05 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby StickerAdverse » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:08 pm

PT 42, passage 4 (neurotransmitter theory) was the WORST RC passage that I have ever done. Luckily, the questions were not very difficult (-0 in under 10 minutes) but getting through that passage was absolutely BRUTAL.

Halfway through the 2nd paragraph I just said to myself, "Screw the details!" and I stopped trying to understand what was going on within the scientific jargon and just understand how the passage was structured. Luckily, there was only one question (#23) about specific details but the wrong ones were so obviously wrong that it might the correct answer much easier to get to.

Wheeeeeeeew.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:35 pm

screw it, I'll check in. Got a 157 in December, hoping to do better this time around. Anyone in here studying together?

User avatar
Dexter97
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Dexter97 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Dexter97 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

i like redheads
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby i like redheads » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Why are so many Juners immigrating to ARE thread? We need stricter immigration laws

User avatar
theothercat
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby theothercat » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Retaking after 169 in February 2014. Going to take a PT when my second job ends in May to get a new baseline. Then, chaos, I assume.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:28 pm

anyone here willing to be a study partner, probably would only drill LR together? I'm pretty committed to studying (just began again recently after getting a 157 in December and not studying at all since then). Shoot a PM if you want - preferably in at least in the 155ish range or upward.

User avatar
Monkey D Luffy
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Monkey D Luffy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Dexter97 wrote:Put in a solid four hours today. Ive been chugging through the LG Bible since that was the worst section on my diagnostic.

I really hope a Map game doesn't appear any time soon :lol:


This..... Map games kill me..... :roll:

User avatar
chicharon
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby chicharon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:10 am

Post removed...
Last edited by chicharon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, bearedman8, Instrumental, Lahtso Nuggin, mrgstephe, wildquest8200, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests