The Official October 2015 Study Group

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
5
4%
5+
12
10%
10+
25
21%
15+
14
12%
20+
20
17%
25+
9
7%
30+
3
2%
35+
33
27%
 
Total votes: 121

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby RZ5646 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:02 pm

HOLY SHIT

PT 63 - 180

LR1: -0
LG: -0
LR2: -0
RC: -0

I'm tempted to make this my last PT because it went AMAZING. I finished the first section in 24 minutes. Finished the second in 26. The other two were under 30.

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby TheProdigal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:03 pm

appind wrote:for what it's worth no one has posted a better score than -4/-5 in 72 RC in this thread iirc. there could be some near perfect scorers in modern rc in this thread have scored better on it but haven't posted.

Challenge accepted. Going to try to get 72 in tomorrow.

EDIT: nice work there, RZ! Congratulations!

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:37 pm

MOD EDIT: DON'T SOLICIT OR SEND COPIES OF TESTS OR OTHER COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McJimJam
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Post removed.

Postby McJimJam » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I was gunna study but my brain decided to cash in on all the sleep I've missed this past week.

Me too. I have two preptests left before Saturday, so I'm just going to cash it in tonight, take one tomorrow and wednesday, and drill the remaining days.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I was gunna study but my brain decided to cash in on all the sleep I've missed this past week.

Me too. I have two preptests left before Saturday, so I'm just going to cash it in tonight, take one tomorrow and wednesday, and drill the remaining days.


Yeah I have 3 preptests left and I'm trying to figure out how to space them out. Taking one tomorrow.
I find that I get a lot out of reviewing my old tests so I'll probably just do that and stay away from drilling. Don't wanna do too many questions this week.

Take one each day, then BR on thursday, and do nothing on Friday.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:21 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
appind wrote:for what it's worth no one has posted a better score than -4/-5 in 72 RC in this thread iirc. there could be some near perfect scorers in modern rc in this thread have scored better on it but haven't posted.

Challenge accepted. Going to try to get 72 in tomorrow.

EDIT: nice work there, RZ! Congratulations!


didn't mean as a challenge, though take the test. it's just that the rc seemed hard on this one based on posts here.

mornincounselor wrote:I missed 5 on 72 RC, but four of those were in the third passage.


missed four on p3 also. how much time did you have for each passage? i began p4 with about less than four min remaining and unsurprisingly missed 4 there too.

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby seashell.economy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 pm

mist4bison wrote:
seashell.economy wrote:
theugg wrote:I hate RC so much. I don't care what you say, LSAC. You don't have to be a speed reader to be a good lawyer.


Ditto. They should swap out reading comp for an appearance in front of an LSAC employee acting as an angry judge and you're graded on how well you keep your cool, or they can swap reading comp for figuring out how to e-file in federal court, or any other ACTUALLY USEFUL (you hear me LSAC!) test of skills that lawyers actually use! I've never worked for a lawyer who speed read anything in their life. They sit on cases for years, people, years!



I actually disagree. For example, I have an attorney who has 80 cases to read and analyze before an oral argument next week. Will he spend massive amounts of time on each case? No. He's going to quickly read through and still be able to determine what's important and can be used for his case or against it.



I also have never worked with an attorney who had to file anything himself. Ever. although I work in a big firm, so it's probably different at smaller firms. But, I get what you guys are saying. RC sucks.


Yeeeeeaaahh but that's uncommon, no? Most cases don't go before a judge...unless you do big law litigation, which most lawyers don't do.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:47 pm

seashell.economy wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
seashell.economy wrote:
theugg wrote:I hate RC so much. I don't care what you say, LSAC. You don't have to be a speed reader to be a good lawyer.


Ditto. They should swap out reading comp for an appearance in front of an LSAC employee acting as an angry judge and you're graded on how well you keep your cool, or they can swap reading comp for figuring out how to e-file in federal court, or any other ACTUALLY USEFUL (you hear me LSAC!) test of skills that lawyers actually use! I've never worked for a lawyer who speed read anything in their life. They sit on cases for years, people, years!



I actually disagree. For example, I have an attorney who has 80 cases to read and analyze before an oral argument next week. Will he spend massive amounts of time on each case? No. He's going to quickly read through and still be able to determine what's important and can be used for his case or against it.



I also have never worked with an attorney who had to file anything himself. Ever. although I work in a big firm, so it's probably different at smaller firms. But, I get what you guys are saying. RC sucks.


Yeeeeeaaahh but that's uncommon, no? Most cases don't go before a judge...unless you do big law litigation, which most lawyers don't do.


Yeah, that's fair. But I think the time pressures still exist in most offices.

In the few substantive "real attorney" assignments I've done at work, there has been a hell of a lot of reading, familiarizing myself with pertinent facts, and gathering an idea of how all of this information fit together. I guess just based on that and what I see, I assume that the RC section is applicable to being a lawyer.

User avatar
chalky
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 am

Post removed...

Postby chalky » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by chalky on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nerdylsat
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby nerdylsat » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Congrats on the 180!

On another note, I just finished the Miscellaneous packet for the second time and got mostly perfect scores, although my games were a bit longer than JY's. Still happy though.

Now off to read the LSERTS trainer.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:27 pm

i have been BR'ing only the ones that i mark for review as the 'proper' BR takes way too long. i also BR after seeing the # of misses in each section. worried now that i may not have been following the BR process correctly.

User avatar
PhiladelphiaCollins
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:17 am

Got a 166 on PT 68 today. Finishing off BR'ing a test from a few days ago so I'm not sure of the breakdown, but considering my abysmal 151 score in June this is absolutely HUGE for me.

On the other hand I'm experiencing a ton of variance in my RC scores. I went -2 on PT 71, but I went -8 or -9 on it on 75. I'm averaging about -7 or so on most LR and between -2-5 on LG, so the idea of getting a shitty RC set is rattling me a little right now. Does anyone have any idea (if its even possible) on how to stabilize/normalize my RC in the next week or so hahaha

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8926
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:42 am

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

STL2014
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby STL2014 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:39 am

Ok. I am going to officially take a day off. I can't believe that I caught a cold and I am having a running nose. :?
LSAT is a just a 4 hour long test. Nothing more. Take it easy.

User avatar
204Wpg
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 204Wpg » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:05 am

Just arrived at my test centre / room to write PT 75.. a) I was surprised it was open on a Sunday, I've pretty much got the campus to myself haha, it's eerily quiet in here, and b) God damn is it ever cold in this room, I'm hoping it's just because it's a Sunday but wow! I'm bringing so many layers :lol:

P.s. To anyone with a cold... hope you all get better quick! Lots of rest and water and all that jazz, my point of view is at least it's now and it'll be gone (or mostly gone) by Saturday, I would hate to wake up Friday with the start of a runny nose **knocks on wood**

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 am

204Wpg wrote:Just arrived at my test centre / room to write PT 75.. a) I was surprised it was open on a Sunday, I've pretty much got the campus to myself haha, it's eerily quiet in here, and b) God damn is it ever cold in this room, I'm hoping it's just because it's a Sunday but wow! I'm bringing so many layers :lol:

P.s. To anyone with a cold... hope you all get better quick! Lots of rest and water and all that jazz, my point of view is at least it's now and it'll be gone (or mostly gone) by Saturday, I would hate to wake up Friday with the start of a runny nose **knocks on wood**


good luck!

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby seashell.economy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:10 am

RZ5646 wrote:HOLY SHIT

PT 63 - 180

LR1: -0
LG: -0
LR2: -0
RC: -0

I'm tempted to make this my last PT because it went AMAZING. I finished the first section in 24 minutes. Finished the second in 26. The other two were under 30.


:shock:

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby seashell.economy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:12 am

STL2014 wrote:Ok. I am going to officially take a day off. I can't believe that I caught a cold and I am having a running nose. :?
LSAT is a just a 4 hour long test. Nothing more. Take it easy.


I had two colds - two! - in early September. A week apart. One was really bad and totally cramped my pt schedule because I *had* to sleep. September/October is the time for these things...

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby RZ5646 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:46 am

Today's plan: PT 64 untimed and as many logic games as I can get through.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:49 am

Planning to take today and Friday off. PT on tomorrow (mon) and Thursday.

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby TheProdigal » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:09 am

Planning on 72 today. Then cooking dinner for the in-laws. Thinking of pan-roast salmon with garlic, herb and parm mashed potatoes with brown sugar-glazed carrots.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Bing [Bot], CHyde, Deardevil, sethnoorzad, Walliums and 13 guests