The Official October 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
4%
5+
10%
10+
21%
15+
12%
20+
17%
25+
7%
30+
2%
35+
27%

Total votes: 121

ugg

Diamond

Post removed.

Post by ugg » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Diamond

Post removed.

Post by ugg » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Post removed.

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seashell.economy

Bronze

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Post by seashell.economy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:30 pm

theugg wrote:I hate RC so much. I don't care what you say, LSAC. You don't have to be a speed reader to be a good lawyer.
Last edited by seashell.economy on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Diamond

Post removed.

Post by ugg » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:41 pm

seashell.economy wrote:
theugg wrote:I hate RC so much. I don't care what you say, LSAC. You don't have to be a speed reader to be a good lawyer.
Ditto. They should swap out reading comp for an appearance in front of an LSAC employee acting as an angry judge and you're graded on how well you keep your cool, or they can swap reading comp for figuring out how to e-file in federal court, or any other ACTUALLY USEFUL (you hear me LSAC!) test of skills that lawyers actually use! I've never worked for a lawyer who speed read anything in their life. They sit on cases for years, people, years!
I actually disagree. For example, I have an attorney who has 80 cases to read and analyze before an oral argument next week. Will he spend massive amounts of time on each case? No. He's going to quickly read through and still be able to determine what's important and can be used for his case or against it.

I also have never worked with an attorney who had to file anything himself. Ever. although I work in a big firm, so it's probably different at smaller firms. But, I get what you guys are saying. RC sucks.

ugg

Diamond

Post removed.

Post by ugg » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Post removed.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Post removed...

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:00 pm

those of you who are booking a hotel for the test, how are you going about it

what can one reasonably expect to pay for hotel room the night before

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:05 pm

appind wrote:those of you who are booking a hotel for the test, how are you going about it

I'd check out any number of booking sites (travelocity, hotels.com, etc), then call the hotel you choose directly to book. Since booking sites take a fee, you should be able to get a better deal from the hotel directly.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:27 pm

So I just took the RC section of 72 and got -13. That's my worst RC score ever...I have no idea what to do right now. I just don't feel like I'm improving and I have no idea what to do. I just don't know.

ETA: Maybe my focus should be to just finish 3 in 35? If I had a few extra minutes maybe I'd be able to get them all right and miss 6? My missed questions were distributed evenly between passage 1-3. Passage 4, which I only had a few mins on and was comparative, I missed 1. This test is the most dejecting thing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:20 pm

mist4bison wrote:So I just took the RC section of 72 and got -13. That's my worst RC score ever...I have no idea what to do right now. I just don't feel like I'm improving and I have no idea what to do. I just don't know.

ETA: Maybe my focus should be to just finish 3 in 35? If I had a few extra minutes maybe I'd be able to get them all right and miss 6? My missed questions were distributed evenly between passage 1-3. Passage 4, which I only had a few mins on and was comparative, I missed 1. This test is the most dejecting thing.
whats your typical RC scores? Honestly I had the same thing happen to me. Bombed an RC section.. and it didn't really happen again. Could just be a one time thing, but definitely review it?

Just got my first 180 after blind reviewing, feels pretty good but too bad I am a 160 scorer :x

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:20 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
appind wrote:those of you who are booking a hotel for the test, how are you going about it

I'd check out any number of booking sites (travelocity, hotels.com, etc), then call the hotel you choose directly to book. Since booking sites take a fee, you should be able to get a better deal from the hotel directly.
thanks will look it up. any clue about the relative value of marriott (residence inn or courtyard), extended stay, best western or the inns (comfort, ramada, holiday etc)

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:26 pm

flash21 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:So I just took the RC section of 72 and got -13. That's my worst RC score ever...I have no idea what to do right now. I just don't feel like I'm improving and I have no idea what to do. I just don't know.

whats your typical RC scores? Honestly I had the same thing happen to me. Bombed an RC section.. and it didn't really happen again. Could just be a one time thing, but definitely review it?

Just got my first 180 after blind reviewing, feels pretty good but too bad I am a 160 scorer :x
Not great. -7/8. I've been trying to improve it and I thought it was, but my last few PTs have been about that. I've done as well as -3 on RC. Now as bad as -13. Ugh.

Congrats on the 180 BR!!

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm

mist4bison wrote:
flash21 wrote:

Not great. -7/8. I've been trying to improve it and I thought it was, but my last few PTs have been about that. I've done as well as -3 on RC. Now as bad as -13. Ugh.

Congrats on the 180 BR!!

Its creepy how similar our RC's sound. My best is also -3, and usually I'm at around -7.

I think something you may consider doing (that I am doing currently for logic games) may be to think about how you were approaching the section mentally. Were you focused? Did you follow your typical RC process? Did you spend too much time on a passage and had to rush through others?

I find that sometimes simply screwing up timing can result in bombing a section.. I've done this multiple times for logic games.

Did the RC section feel much worse than typical?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:31 pm

appind wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:

thanks will look it up. any clue about the relative value of marriott (residence inn or courtyard), extended stay, best western or the inns (comfort, ramada, holiday etc)
Not offhand. Though this has made me start thinking about AirBnB options...

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:58 pm

flash21 wrote:
Its creepy how similar our RC's sound. My best is also -3, and usually I'm at around -7.

I think something you may consider doing (that I am doing currently for logic games) may be to think about how you were approaching the section mentally. Were you focused? Did you follow your typical RC process? Did you spend too much time on a passage and had to rush through others?

I find that sometimes simply screwing up timing can result in bombing a section.. I've done this multiple times for logic games.

So I started, but my dog immediately started whining to go out. I did that, restarted my timer, but didn't put my watch back to :00. So the entire time I thought I had 4 mins less than I did, which isn't a lot, but it might have affected me. But I also feel like I can't blame it on 4 minutes, you know? There were a lot of questions I was unsure of, too.

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 pm

mist4bison wrote:
flash21 wrote:

So I started, but my dog immediately started whining to go out. I did that, restarted my timer, but didn't put my watch back to :00. So the entire time I thought I had 4 mins less than I did, which isn't a lot, but it might have affected me. But I also feel like I can't blame it on 4 minutes, you know? There were a lot of questions I was unsure of, too.
Honestly thinking you have 4 minutes less than you do is a pretty big deal. It literally effects every single passage you read, your comprehension, and contributes to missed questions.. I'd blind review it or simply review it if I were you. This kind of seems like it explains it though, I feel like 4 minutes is huge especially in RC where I often find myself using almost all of the time allotted

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Post removed...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dexter97

Bronze

Post by Dexter97 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Just took PT 72 and got a 170. That last game rocked me!!!!!

-3 on LG, all from that game :shock:

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:46 pm

for what it's worth no one has posted a better score than -4/-5 in 72 RC in this thread iirc. there could be some near perfect scorers in modern rc in this thread have scored better on it but haven't posted.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Post removed...

PoopNpants

Silver

Post by PoopNpants » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:56 pm

appind wrote:it seems doing 75 (which i don't have) is better than 73, 74 (both i have). is it worth buying at this point and from where?
PoopNpants wrote:
appind wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:Feel like anything betwen 165-175 wouldn't shock me in a week. Is it normal to have such a variance?
is this range on fresh timed modern tests? if not, then may be it's not the range that you should consider unless you have no recent fresh tests left.
Yep, I'm talking about fresh practice tests 4 section done consecutively
that's a very wide range. which ones you got 175 on and which ones were 165? some tests are harder to score high on.
I got a 165 on PT63 yesterday but I got a 175 on PT62 last wednesday, I know alot of people say that windows game is hard but I didn't find it tough I fnished the LG -0 with time to spare. Also went -3, -2, and -3 and LR1/2 and RC respectively. On PT 63 I'm not sure exactly what happened but I missed 2 Q's on the 3rd logic game and I couldn't even figure out any inferences or stuff with the last game about the Red Green and White balls it seemed so much wierder than any other game I've ever done before. Also didn't that well on either LR and went -4 on RC which seems pretty average to me, I usually miss -3/5 on RC

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”