The Official October 2015 Study Group

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
5
4%
5+
12
10%
10+
25
21%
15+
14
12%
20+
20
17%
25+
9
7%
30+
3
2%
35+
33
27%
 
Total votes: 121

User avatar
chalky
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 am

Post removed...

Postby chalky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:25 am

Post removed...
Last edited by chalky on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8908
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 am

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chalky
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 am

Post removed...

Postby chalky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:33 am

Post removed...
Last edited by chalky on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:53 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cambridge LSAT
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

mornincounselor wrote:Ugh looks like Cambridge is offline. Even the direct link to their complete LSAT answer key is gone.

We haven't had any outages. Are you still not able to access the site?

User avatar
204Wpg
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 204Wpg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Took the infamous 72 this morning - although admittedly having seen all the talk on here about it definitely had my heart rate going a little faster haha :lol: especially on LG.

That being said I was happy to see a 173 when all was said and done:
RC: -3
LR1: -3
LR2: -2
LG: -1

My extra section was also the LR2 from PT 49... which I randomly happened to place immediately before the two LRs in 72 in a row, so I had RC - LR - LR - LR - LG, thought I might go crazy when I saw the third in a row pop up lol.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

chalky wrote:Just took tomorrow and all next week off work. Bout to drill more than Exxon.

:lol:

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby TheProdigal » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Done with PT71. That felt awful. Passage 4 destroyed me, couldn't really narrow most down past 3, went with my gut. Timed out with Q23 of LR2 still blank.

Had an awful dream last night where I was finishing S5 on the real thing and noticed I'd failed to bubble anything in for S1. May have thrown me off.

PT71
LR1: -1
LG: -3
LR2: -3
RC: -2

174. Third straight. :D
That's a hell of a curve.

I have no idea what happened on LG. Reviewing tonight after work.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8908
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

204Wpg wrote:Took the infamous 72 this morning - although admittedly having seen all the talk on here about it definitely had my heart rate going a little faster haha :lol: especially on LG.

That being said I was happy to see a 173 when all was said and done:
RC: -3
LR1: -3
LR2: -2
LG: -1

My extra section was also the LR2 from PT 49... which I randomly happened to place immediately before the two LRs in 72 in a row, so I had RC - LR - LR - LR - LG, thought I might go crazy when I saw the third in a row pop up lol.


that's a nice performance on 72. is recent rc very strong for you in terms of timing and accuracy and where did you miss in rc?

User avatar
204Wpg
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 204Wpg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 pm

appind wrote:
204Wpg wrote:Took the infamous 72 this morning - although admittedly having seen all the talk on here about it definitely had my heart rate going a little faster haha :lol: especially on LG.

That being said I was happy to see a 173 when all was said and done:
RC: -3
LR1: -3
LR2: -2
LG: -1

My extra section was also the LR2 from PT 49... which I randomly happened to place immediately before the two LRs in 72 in a row, so I had RC - LR - LR - LR - LG, thought I might go crazy when I saw the third in a row pop up lol.


that's a nice performance on 72. is recent rc very strong for you in terms of timing and accuracy and where did you miss in rc?

So far I've actually only done 72 & 71 in terms of the 70+ ones (I've done 65 through 69 though). I didn't find the timing or sort of questions significantly changed from my PTs in the 60's much. RC I missed two on the first passage (forest fires) and one on the third passage (ethics & clinical trials). Given RC is generally what determines my score, I'm always happy with a -3, I just wish I could have combined that with a better performance on LR and not missing that LG one to bring me up to my target of 175.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Just had a tiny mental breakdown after PT 74. I'm concerned. Scored a 165, which is lower than my last 4 PTs. I just don't know what else to do. Ugh.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8908
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:08 pm

I don't have a passport photo and I think someone might have stolen my watch. And I don't have any wooden pencils. Fuck.

User avatar
RZ5646
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:09 pm

mist4bison wrote:Just had a tiny mental breakdown after PT 74. I'm concerned. Scored a 165, which is lower than my last 4 PTs. I just don't know what else to do. Ugh.


Welcome to the club! By test day, we should all be PTing around 150 lol

redfred22
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby redfred22 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Would anyone be nice enough to let me know which of the newer PTs, say 65+, are known for tough games sections? Looking to do/re-do some of those sections but if I haven't done them yet then I'm not aware of which those are. I've been skipping around between PTs so I didn't do some of the newer ones.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:22 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Just had a tiny mental breakdown after PT 74. I'm concerned. Scored a 165, which is lower than my last 4 PTs. I just don't know what else to do. Ugh.


Welcome to the club! By test day, we should all be PTing around 150 lol

But actually, ha.

theugg wrote:What score are you aiming for on the real thing?

The score I'm aiming for keeps going down as I realize that I'm just not going to get it, so right now 169. I've been hitting 167 very consistently and have gotten 169 as my highest.

ETA: I ran out of time for passage 4 on RC, which cost me 4 points, plus I misbubbled one answer. All of the lr questions I missed I had down to two answers, so I guess that's good at least. Ugh. Still sucks.

User avatar
numb3r4
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby numb3r4 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm just waiting for the poll: "The lowest score that you could handle without offing yourself."

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8908
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:59 pm

as a Canadian I feel bad for you Americans right now.. the fact a high 160 score is disappointing to you is crazy. Most Canadians schools require low 160 scores ..

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:11 pm

flash21 wrote:as a Canadian I feel bad for you Americans right now.. the fact a high 160 score is disappointing to you is crazy. Most Canadians schools require low 160 scores ..


Maybe I should move to Canada. I could probs get the SO to agree

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 pm

The volatility of RC and my response to such is firmly keeping me out of the 170s. This is annoying.

User avatar
204Wpg
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby 204Wpg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:38 pm

mist4bison wrote:
flash21 wrote:as a Canadian I feel bad for you Americans right now.. the fact a high 160 score is disappointing to you is crazy. Most Canadians schools require low 160 scores ..


Maybe I should move to Canada. I could probs get the SO to agree

It's really funny how up here I'd say a 168 would let you take your pick of any school (at least w/ a competitive GPA), I keep trying to not get distracted by that fact 'cause I would like the chance to shoot for a T-14. But it's so tempting to just sit back and say screw it, I'll stay in Canada haha.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, Instrumental, Lahtso Nuggin, nimbus cloud, Smc1994, Smortensen and 19 guests