2%
35+
27%

Total votes: 121

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

kbrizz

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby kbrizz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Panic is really starting to set in for me. I don't feel like I'm getting through drilling fast enough and I haven't taken nearly enough practice tests. Considering delaying but that would be the third time that I've delayed taking this thing. And I already signed up. :roll:

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:09 pm

4.0/180s are rejected by YS because everyone is rejected by YS. The rest are YP.

Ron Howard

Postby Ron Howard » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:16 pm

RZ5646 wrote:4.0/180s are rejected by YS because everyone is rejected by YS. The rest are YP.

Nah, YS folks are just too good for this site. They wouldn't want to be associated with us scumbags from H, CCN, MVP, B, DNGC, T20, T50, and TTT.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:24 pm

kbrizz wrote:Panic is really starting to set in for me. I don't feel like I'm getting through drilling fast enough and I haven't taken nearly enough practice tests. Considering delaying but that would be the third time that I've delayed taking this thing. And I already signed up. :roll:

Start taking a couple PTs to gauge your progress. Drilling is a majority of one's prep, and preptests are complementary to your drilling work. I am focusing much more on drilling this time (third take) and have been seeing much more success, especially in LG/LR, granted that I am using material that I have seen before, albeit multiple months ago.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Post removed...

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Don't go crazy with pics and gifs, please (speaking to everyone). The practice is extremely played out, especially the use of gifs and memes in lieu of an actual articulated response to what someone says.

Judgeasaurus_Rex

Postby Judgeasaurus_Rex » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:44 pm

whacka wrote:I just wanted to say that PS writing has taken me a lot longer than expected. I'm on my third topic, and I think I've finally found the glass slipper, but now I've undergone relentless edits on this draft. Didn't help that both of my recommenders want to see a copy of my PS. DEFINITELY get in contact with your recommenders ASAP and find out if they're going to need your PS, because if you're saving all of that for the time between the test and scores are released, you're setting yourself up for a delayed app.

@ all folks who responded to my question: thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated!

@ Whacka, I have all of my letters of recommendation already in the system. I had been planning on applying this past fall during senior year of college, but decided not to. I had written most of my PS over the summer of '14 since my teachers wanted to see it. Basically, its mostly just editing and fine tuning the essay at this point.

I don't think that writing it on my day off each week will impact my LSAT prep, I would work on it more often but I am just exhausted after PTing or drilling every other day.

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChoboPie

Postby ChoboPie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:50 pm

fips tedora wrote:Don't go crazy with pics and gifs, please (speaking to everyone). The practice is extremely played out, especially the use of gifs and memes in lieu of an actual articulated response to what someone says.

kbrizz

Postby kbrizz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:07 pm

fips tedora wrote:
kbrizz wrote:Panic is really starting to set in for me. I don't feel like I'm getting through drilling fast enough and I haven't taken nearly enough practice tests. Considering delaying but that would be the third time that I've delayed taking this thing. And I already signed up. :roll:

Start taking a couple PTs to gauge your progress. Drilling is a majority of one's prep, and preptests are complementary to your drilling work. I am focusing much more on drilling this time (third take) and have been seeing much more success, especially in LG/LR, granted that I am using material that I have seen before, albeit multiple months ago.

I'll start doing this! Thanks. Hopefully PTing relieves some anxiety (assuming I score higher each time).

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Doing level 4 MBT questions today. Some of these ACs got me convinced that LSAT creators can be real dicks sometimes

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Fuck. Logic. Games.

kbrizz

Postby kbrizz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:31 pm

RZ5646 wrote:Fuck. Logic. Games.

Preach.

kbrizz

Postby kbrizz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:47 pm

somethingelse55 wrote:I'm not sure I'm quite understanding what you two are saying (RZ and Mint), but if you're worried that you'll underperform on the test day due to nervousness or something to that effect and its something that is truly getting to you, I would highly advise starting up a meditation regiment, with one of your intentions by doing so to let go of those worries and not letting them get to you, nor let yourself start to believe them and worse be consumed by them.

Meditation is such a helpful habit to get into for a number of reasons in my opinion, but it can honestly have tangible results towards something like a standardized test. It'll help you think about what you're thinking about at all times, and from there you'll be able to stop thinking about what you chose not to think about anymore. I don't want to get esoteric here or anything like that, but let me just say that meditation will help with the nerves and anxiety surrounding the test, in addition to helping you focus. I know Mint, you mentioned you miss a couple of problems per PT due to zoning out and such. If you put an honest effort into meditating, I would be confident in saying that you will notice improvements in that area.

Furthermore, have you guys ever thought about the other side of the coin? I know for me, when I took it in June, through the second half of the first section right through the end of the test, if anything I was more focused that I usually was during a PT and certainly just as confident. Now, I didn't outperform my PT average and in fact I basically hit it right on the head (and since, that average gone up considerably hence the retake, but I digress). My point is, is that when the real test comes, how about thinking that you'll rise to the occasion and perform your very best, be more confident and more pumped up than ever, rather than thinking that you will crack under the pressure and such?

A lot of the guides out there (like Noodley's for example) goes into how the real test is just another PT. Of course its more than that in that its the real deal, but at the end of the day its the same five sections and the same kinds of questions. There aren't any surprises. Sure, you won't have seen the questions beforehand, but neither have you on any of your PTs the first time you ran through them. Noodley also suggests PTing in relatively louder areas, should something like that arise on test day - just another thing you can do to ease those nerves a bit.

Bottom line, as someone who's taken it before, in all likelihood you guys will perform right around what you've been PTing at. Be confident in all the time you've put in! There's no need to feel worried about underperforming. Its those who worry about it so much that it happens to, I would venture to say.

Do you have any resources for beginners? This sounds like something I could really benefit from. Thanks in advance!

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:47 pm

kbrizz wrote:

Preach.

I've been loving them lately. Honestly, the best way to get better at them is sheer repetition. I completed all of them from Preptests 31-61, wrote down which ones I didn't finish on time or got wrong, and then went back over them again after watching the corresponding 7Sage video. I'm fairly consistent now in not only finishing in under 8:45, but going -0/-1 on almost every game therein.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:14 pm

fips tedora wrote:
kbrizz wrote:

Preach.

I've been loving them lately. Honestly, the best way to get better at them is sheer repetition. I completed all of them from Preptests 31-61, wrote down which ones I didn't finish on time or got wrong, and then went back over them again after watching the corresponding 7Sage video. I'm fairly consistent now in not only finishing in under 8:45, but going -0/-1 on almost every game therein.

That's basically what I'm doing... forcing myself through Cambridge packets. Once I get through them all, I'll do them all again... and then maybe a third time....

somethingElse

Post removed...

Postby somethingElse » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:30 pm

I just try to take deep breathes while everything is silent. Or I'll try to listen to music.

Judgeasaurus_Rex

Postby Judgeasaurus_Rex » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:51 pm

@ OP, can you change the poll to something regarding how LSAT takers relax on the days when they are not prepping? I am curious to see what other people do.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Judge-a-saurus wrote:@ OP, can you change the poll to something regarding how LSAT takers relax on the days when they are not prepping? I am curious to see what other people do.

I would but I'm not sure if that's a good fit for the poll format; it's more of an open-ended question.

Personally, I'll probably do the same stuff every day now that I'm done with work and research: get up, waste time on TLS and other sites, make or buy lunch, do a PT and/or drilling until the temperature goes down, run or do strength training, LSAT or more Internet depending on how productive I'm feeling, Kindle time, sleep. I don't plan on studying so intensely that I'll need (prescheduled) rest days.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
Judge-a-saurus wrote:@ OP, can you change the poll to something regarding how LSAT takers relax on the days when they are not prepping? I am curious to see what other people do.

I would but I'm not sure if that's a good fit for the poll format; it's more of an open-ended question.

Personally, I'll probably do the same stuff every day now that I'm done with work and research: get up, waste time on TLS and other sites, make or buy lunch, do a PT and/or drilling until the temperature goes down, run or do strength training, LSAT or more Internet depending on how productive I'm feeling, Kindle time, sleep.

Why does this schedule sound rediculously familiar to me

Judgeasaurus_Rex

Postby Judgeasaurus_Rex » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:58 pm

RZ5646 wrote:

Personally, I'll probably do the same stuff every day now that I'm done with work and research: get up, waste time on TLS and other sites, make or buy lunch, do a PT and/or drilling until the temperature goes down, run or do strength training, LSAT or more Internet depending on how productive I'm feeling, Kindle time, sleep. I don't plan on studying so intensely that I'll need (prescheduled) rest days.

Do you prep every day? No days off?

Anyone else want to share their routine for relaxation on off days from prepping LSAT?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”