The Official October 2015 Study Group

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
5
4%
5+
12
10%
10+
25
21%
15+
14
12%
20+
20
17%
25+
9
7%
30+
3
2%
35+
33
27%
 
Total votes: 121

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Sry wrong thread.

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby TheProdigal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:49 pm

+1.

Respect for the new page skills.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm bored and so behind on The Economist (languishing in February; I should just skim more to get current).

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrBalloons
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby MrBalloons » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:03 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:Drilled NA and SA questions this evening,
Suggestion for next poll, What are you averaging on PT scores atm, could be followed up with another poll in about a month to see how everyone on here is doing as a whole.

+1 to this. Cool idea.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Mod edit: do NOT use TLS to arrange to exchange copyrighted LSAT PTs; doing so is against the rules.

User avatar
Monkey D Luffy
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby Monkey D Luffy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:04 am

a glass of whiskey after 4 hours of drilling tastes sooo good...

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrBalloons
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby MrBalloons » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:40 am

Doing PT 57 today. Mauve dinosaurs was the buzzsaw that I imagined. I didn't even know where to start, so I choked and literally guessed D on everything.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:56 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:58 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
MrBalloons wrote:How many full timed PTs do you all take per week? Right now I'm at 2 and then drilling the other days. I'm considering going to 3, but haven't decided if it's worth it.


I just study right now so I don't work or do much of anything else, so I take 3-4 a week. I thin it's manageable assuming you have a lot of time to devote to studying and blind reviewing afterwards, then drilling weanesses on off-days.


Hehe. Drillin weanesses.

I was doing back back PTs last week, but they were only 4 sections each. I don't work either so I can squeeze up to 5 a week. I'm terrified of this gap in employment, but I do t want to rush out and get a job now and mess up my groove.


Yeah I'm in the same boat, I'm fortunate to have parents who are cool enough to let me live at home and prioritize on the LSAT. When you say you take back-to-back PTs you mean you take like 2 in one sitting? or you take them on back-to-back days? If the former that is pretty wild dog, but good for endurance i guess


Like 2 in one sitting. Maybe 15 min break. It's honestly not that bad after a while, especially when I'm consistently finishing sections early. I just don't feel rushed.
Yeaaaaaahhh my mom was ok with me taking time off for a bit because "June is the very last time I swear. No really, last time".... And now it's not, everyone I know is pretty sick of me studying hahah.


Word yeah I know what that's like believe me, It will be all worth it though even if I improve by just 2 points in Oct. I think I'm gonna start doing back to backs in 2 weeks probably I want to improve on my endurance espcially when I get RC as my fifth section that shit is brutal dog

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:18 pm

whacka wrote:Anybody working on personal statements now, too, or are you all saving that for after the test?


I have a first draft done and a general sense of how I want that draft to develop, but I won't be focusing on it until after the test.

A little worried, because I only have two weeks to work on my essays, as I'll be gone on a long vacation when my score comes in and want to submit immediately after I get back.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:Word yeah I know what that's like believe me, It will be all worth it though even if I improve by just 2 points in Oct. I think I'm gonna start doing back to backs in 2 weeks probably I want to improve on my endurance espcially when I get RC as my fifth section that shit is brutal dog


Weirdly I've noticed that when I just skim the passages in RC I've been doing better instead of actually trying to read them. I think it's cuz it makes me go back and reference things, instead of using my head. I find that if I read the passage in under 2 min and just get a basic idea of what the MP is, I'm actually better off. Another plus side is that now RC just isn't tiring. I basically just read for MP and where the author makes a point. I circle maybe 2 things per paragraph. I'm now down to -2/-3 instead of -4/-5. So maybe if I practice this better I can get down to -1.


Yeah I usually spend 3 minutes on the passage but don't bother much with small details, just try to read it well enough so I can answer any organization, MP, tone, and global questions quickly. Then I focus on the local questions and revert back to the text and re-affirm my answer. I've been around -3/-5 recently doing it this way

pittsburghpirates
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Post removed.

Postby pittsburghpirates » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PatriotP74
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

lalaa85
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby lalaa85 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Got a 166 in June 2015. Anyone have advice on how to get up just a few points? I got 165 on 10 PTs (i know, it was maddening) before my june lsat and am practicing sections before getting into serious PT phase for the next two months. I'd like to get to the 168-170 range. How to I make sure I don't stagnate again?

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
MrBalloons
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby MrBalloons » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:29 pm

I feel like I just had a personal breakthrough on NA questions. Even though it should've been obvious all along.

If you falsify an answer choice and the argument still works, it isn't a necessary assumption. If you falsify it and in the process trip up the arguer, then it's a necessary assumption. It's amazing how those level 3 and 4 questions became a breeze when I just started falsifying choices and throwing them back at the prompt.

Looking for little realizations like that usually makes me feel like I've had a productive study session.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5012
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Postby PoopNpants » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:52 pm

MrBalloons wrote:I feel like I just had a personal breakthrough on NA questions. Even though it should've been obvious all along.

If you falsify an answer choice and the argument still works, it isn't a necessary assumption. If you falsify it and in the process trip up the arguer, then it's a necessary assumption. It's amazing how those level 3 and 4 questions became a breeze when I just started falsifying choices and throwing them back at the prompt.

Looking for little realizations like that usually makes me feel like I've had a productive study session.


Yeah dude, that's called the "Assumption negative techique" it's in the powerscore LR bible. It works everytime you should use it whenever decided between two contender ACs. When I started doing this these kind of questions became much easier/quicker




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest